Diablo® III

DBoy Helping Barbs Gear For New and End Game.

Both these guys were helpful + quick to respond.

Trinxified ended up doing my build. Everything from scratch including scoundrel. Kept me updated the whole time and was very thorough explaining what he prioritized and why at the end.

Highly recommended.
Reply Quote
dboy can i get some advice on what i need to focus on wanna have u help build me but only have 12 mill atm but any advice would be great
Reply Quote
Trinxified / DBoy,

I am trying to hook up with you guys online, but I am in Australia and work so my online time does not sync with yours. Hopefully we can get something sorted over the next week/weekend. I know you guys are busy. I am in no mad rush but am certainly still interested in getting assistance.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Tiamat, I would deffinetly try and get AR on your shoulders. I like to get high AR on Shoulders, Chest, Pants, Boots, Belt and you can get lower amounts on the rest of your pieces. You want to use jewelry for added dps, Your amulet you should be able to drop the AR on them once you get enough on other pieces and look for one with Average damage, Crit chance, Crit damage and Str. Also make sure your hitting the tornado breakpoints, I see your using a mighty weapon in main hand. Even though its great for Fury gain your actually hurting yourself since your losing not only Dps but the Crit chance you need for Fury gain so you shouldnt have to use one. AlSo try to get Attack speed and crit chance on Rings and Gloves.

Clive, Your shoulders look fine. I think you are losing quite a bit of dps on your weapons... Your main hand you would be better off getting a 900 DPS with 80%+ Crit, 100+ Str, And a socket, Offhand you deffinetly want to get a socket there if you can afford it I know EFs with sockets are expensive, I believe yours will work for the mene time just get more crit on your mainhand. The rest of your gear look great, Also check your APS while wotb is up you want to be around 2.5% if you are any higher I would suggest dropping the innas for some pants with more EHP.

Furby, Your gear doesnt look to bad, Just a few changes I would make. 1- Get more Vitality on your Chest/Pants/Shoulders, This is where the bulk of your EHP is going to come from, Use sockets to make up for the Str. Your gloves should have a second DPS mod, I prefer Attack speed over Crit damage since you should be getting a ton from your weapons. And lastley your main hand has no socket, So this is where you want to get Tons of crit damage. You want natural crit damage and a socket.

Starry, I really dont see why you would have trouble even with MP6, Your gear looks pretty good. other than your offhand has no LS you are making up for it with your passive. One thing you could do to help with more EHP, Would be get 3% LS on your offhand and use a defensive passive, Tough as nails or Superstition whitchever adds more EHP for you.
Reply Quote
Sorry guys I really dont want to make this thread into a gear checking thread. Its quite time consuming to reply to everyone who needs a gear check here, and trying to do it quickly I can easily overlook some details. I would almost pay someone if they could help with gearchecks for you guys =P
But you can also easily just make a new thread and im sure somone will be kind enough to help you and be even more detailed than I can here.
Thanks!
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/18/2012 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi, I have 150m and was wondering if you could help me out on some upgrades for dps+ survivability. Dooom#1954
Reply Quote
Just letting you all know, I may not be the best at theory crafting but I learn quick from what others have done for the barb community. If I am online feel free to add me and I would be more than willing to help with advice or to help in game whether it be farming for exp or some gear.

I have hot and cold streaks regarding my availability. I tend to play like a madman with one game untill i become interested in something else. right now ive returned to Rift with my guildies there, but occasionally i hammer away at diablo 3.

good luck fellow barbs and Dboy thanks for your support in the community!

battletag: uh1valkyrie#1630
Reply Quote
Thanks uh1Valkyrie, Anything to help someone else have a better understanding and enjoy the game better is welcome. I believe this goes for anything you do. If you had no understanding at all or knew how to play chess do you think it would be fun for you to play it? Most likely not, same applies for Diablo, if you dont fully understand the itemization and mechanics of the game it then losses the feeling of being fun for the player. Thats why I think everyone should be givin the knowledge of learning how itemization works and I try to explain it so everyone understands how to properly gear themselves. So they can enjoy the game without having to be rich or spend tons of real money.

Also I just entered Wayneolds challenge where we gear a barb with less than 1mill gold and defeat Mp10 Azmodan you can check out his thread, I posted a video and proof of purchases there.

Any information you can provide here to help others is welcome and if you can give some gearchecks for people that would be awesome! Thanks!
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/19/2012 9:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hello DBoy, I was in the market for better weapons and was considering a high DPS main hand/low DPS EF offhand with socket and life steal. Just curious why you have such a high dps EF in your offhand and a lower dps sun keeper in main hand, it would seem more optimal to have the high dps sun keeper (or rare as i was considering) in main hand and low dps (but with socket and life steal and high APS) EF in the offhand to take of the advantage that tornado ticks are based off of 20% of your main hand damage. Obviously this only applies to WW spec. I understand about having an EF in the offhand to minimize fear but it would just seem more logical to have a higher DPS MH.

Would you say there is a viable alternative to the high DPS MH/EF OH for its price or is that pretty much what I am locked into. I am also looking at offhand daggers with amazing stats but they would still give me less dmg than an echoing fury because of how strong APS is.
Reply Quote
35 Pandaren Monk
can i build a barb? ww barb 350m budget
Reply Quote
Hey Dboy, I was looking to max my dps, currently, I'm doing about 130k, and I was looking to get more out of it, I'm currently WW setup, and have a budget of 540mil
Btag: Austin #1975 I'll add you. but incase you miss it I'll leave this here.

If anyone else can help, would be greatly appreciated, also, I don't have this budget till Friday.

I can scrap every piece I have, just to let you know, just really want to be able to do mp8

Current barb: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Austin-1975/hero/12369276

EDIT: Post sounded kinda unclear, was looking to get more than 220k dps, and do mp6-8 have budget of 540mil

Lowering the price budget abit after looking over some things, although if it really takes that much gold for mp8, I'll cough it up.
Edited by Austin#1975 on 12/19/2012 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
E-mailed you with some questions. Whenever you get a few mins if you could reply that would be great. thanks!
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey Dboy, I was looking to max my dps, currently, I'm doing about 130k, and I was looking to get more out of it, I'm currently WW setup, and have a budget of 640mil
Btag: Austin #1975 I'll add you. but incase you miss it I'll leave this here.

If anyone else can help, would be greatly appreciated, also, I don't have this budget till Friday.

I can scrap every piece I have, just to let you know, just really want to be able to do mp8

Current barb: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Austin-1975/hero/12369276

EDIT: Post sounded kinda unclear, was looking to get more than 270k dps, and do mp8 have budget of 640mil
Why don't you learn to play and stop dw'ing credit cards?
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Xcalibur
Why don't you learn to play and stop dw'ing credit cards?

I know exactly how to play, now quit being hateful and go mock someone somewhere else.
Reply Quote
Wow seriously? Belittleing someone because they invest money into somthing they enjoy? Some people may have priorities like real life situations and dont have TIME to sit on a computer all day like us nerds. If anything hes smart because he acomplished in a minimal time what it took some of us almost a year to acomplish. Ive spent money on this game but it was money I made from the game, but could of been spent towards somthing better as you would say? But I also work and make good money so even if I did want to spend MY money who cares? I understand the value of a dollar. Time is money and money is time, we wasted time we can never get back, money comes easy for some of us. I guess you would also talk bad about him to if he had a nice house/car a beautiful wife and family? Life isnt fair some people are rich some are poor get over it allready. Really getting tired of seeing all these threads about pay to win, what are they winning? Why are you whineing?
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/19/2012 5:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy.

Interested in what you could do for my Toon and what kind of budget you think I'd need to get my char up to say 170K unbuffed DPS while Dual Wielding.

I'll add you in game when I get home from work in 4/5 hours.

Just FYI though, I might not use your services depending on what kind of budget you come back at me with. I suspect it'll be pretty high given my gear level is already reasonable and upgrades become exponentially more expensive around this stage of gear development from what I've seen/read. Unless I come accross another lucky drop then I doubt I'd be able to afford much over 150mil depending on how my current auctions go.

Anywho, my Tag is Macsimus#6536 if you want to add me whenever you're around.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy.

Interested in what you could do for my Toon and what kind of budget you think I'd need to get my char up to say 170K unbuffed DPS while Dual Wielding.

I'll add you in game when I get home from work in 4/5 hours.

Just FYI though, I might not use your services depending on what kind of budget you come back at me with. I suspect it'll be pretty high given my gear level is already reasonable and upgrades become exponentially more expensive around this stage of gear development from what I've seen/read. Unless I come accross another lucky drop then I doubt I'd be able to afford much over 150mil depending on how my current auctions go.

Anywho, my Tag is Macsimus#6536 if you want to add me whenever you're around.

Thanks

Hmm, you are in a quite difficult spot as far as upgrading dps goes. You could do a few things but is either gonna cost an arm and a leg or your gonna lose valuable stats in the process.
You could upgrade your amulet by adding more crit chance/damage and average damage but losing the life% unless you can find one with vit or life % but thats gonna cost you.
You could get a mempo with crit but deffinetly out the question with 150mill.
Could also upgrade your main hand with more str,Dps and 90%+ crit damage with socket. You will lose the Ls but could use bloodthirst passive instead..
I think what I would do is try and upgrade some pieces to migrate your ehp off your amulet, ik chest with more Vit would be a start.
This is the main reason I do not go with innas temp, its great if you can get the pieces to use them such as good ehp on jewelry and good ehp ik chest/ice climbers. But it pigeon holes yourself into having to add ehp on your jewelry and gear that should be fully focused on Dps and in the long run causes you to lose even more Dps.
Also getting Ls on your EF is very important if you can afford it because this allows you to keep it off your Mainhand which should be fully focused on Dps and it keeps you from having to use bloodthirst passive which could be used to focus on more Dps or Ehp. Even a low Dps Ef with Ls is great in terms of a well balanced set.

Either way your set looks great now and you did a good job on it, I would probaly just focus on getting a better Ik chest myself and maybe an Ef, Mempos later on then start trying to up your Dps. Seems the best if you plan on keeping a nice amount of Ehp.
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/19/2012 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi,

What is the next 2 items to upgrade? Thanks.
Reply Quote

Hmm, you are in a quite difficult spot as far as upgrading dps goes. You could do a few things but is either gonna cost an arm and a leg or your gonna lose valuable stats in the process.
You could upgrade your amulet by adding more crit chance/damage and average damage but losing the life% unless you can find one with vit or life % but thats gonna cost you.
You could get a mempo with crit but deffinetly out the question with 150mill.
Could also upgrade your main hand with more str,Dps and 90%+ crit damage with socket. You will lose the Ls but could use bloodthirst passive instead..
I think what I would do is try and upgrade some pieces to migrate your ehp off your amulet, ik chest with more Vit would be a start.
This is the main reason I do not go with innas temp, its great if you can get the pieces to use them such as good ehp on jewelry and good ehp ik chest/ice climbers. But it pigeon holes yourself into having to add ehp on your jewelry and gear that should be fully focused on Dps and in the long run causes you to lose even more Dps.
Also getting Ls on your EF is very important if you can afford it because this allows you to keep it off your Mainhand which should be fully focused on Dps and it keeps you from having to use bloodthirst passive which could be used to focus on more Dps or Ehp. Even a low Dps Ef with Ls is great in terms of a well balanced set.

Either way your set looks great now and you did a good job on it, I would probaly just focus on getting a better Ik chest myself and maybe an Ef, Mempos later on then start trying to up your Dps. Seems the best if you plan on keeping a nice amount of Ehp.

Ok Thanks.
Switching over my unforgiving passive to tough as nails was all part of the plan, was gonna do it when I was on yesterday but ended up spending my time in the AH getting those two one handers. That - according to d3rawr - will increase my eHP about 95K from 500-almost 600K which is what I need.

I saw someone mention that going for an EF with no sockets and high base crit (80+%) can save heaps of cash.
What are your thoughts on that?

I'm only semi-happy with that EF. DPS is good, socket is good but fear is quite high. Might be ok with my cold SoJ but i'd like to get one with LS (as you said) and similar DPS. Might have a look at the no socket ones myself when I get home.

Anywho, I saw you said you didn't want to spend time on the forum helping people with gear advice so I'll contact you in game with any future questions.

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
Macsimus, Ef with Str,critd and Ls isnt a bad idea and probaly would be better overall than your current one as far as Ehp goes, but will drop your Dps a bit but in return allow you to get a better dps mainhand and run with tough as nails. You deffinetly want to get that Ehp up if you can its such a nice thing to have and imo going to make a world of difference when Pvp arrives.
But like you said the position your in now, each upgrade afterwards is probaly going to cost you your current budget just for 1 piece unless you can get some nice deals which will still cost quite a bit.

And as far as gear checks go, I dont mind helping someone that is my ultimate goal, but 9/10 times I have someone like the guy above you as a perfect example of why I have a hard time doing them....

Wolfmulder, Add me in game buddy I got an entire set you can have, I actually used it to kill Azmodan on Mp10 as a fun little challenge Wayneold set up, here is a link to the thread and you can find my post and check out the video and gear set.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415642796?page=1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]