Diablo® III

DBoy Helping Barbs Gear For New and End Game.

Hello DBoy, I was in the market for better weapons and was considering a high DPS main hand/low DPS EF offhand with socket and life steal. Just curious why you have such a high dps EF in your offhand and a lower dps sun keeper in main hand, it would seem more optimal to have the high dps sun keeper (or rare as i was considering) in main hand and low dps (but with socket and life steal and high APS) EF in the offhand to take of the advantage that tornado ticks are based off of 20% of your main hand damage. Obviously this only applies to WW spec. I understand about having an EF in the offhand to minimize fear but it would just seem more logical to have a higher DPS MH.

Would you say there is a viable alternative to the high DPS MH/EF OH for its price or is that pretty much what I am locked into. I am also looking at offhand daggers with amazing stats but they would still give me less dmg than an echoing fury because of how strong APS is.

Almost overlooked this post,

Everyone asks me why I use the sunkeeper even though its not the best possible dps weapon I can get. Well It does a pretty significant amount of dps compared to most weapons I can get, even with 1k+ dps and 90%+ crit d, I would get about the same amount of Dps with my sunkeeper because of the % to elites. Also the reason I use my EF in offhand only because the Fear proc from sprint nados, Ive done tons of testing and it does proc a little less in offhand but if you can get one with less than 15% you still are fine to run with it in your mainhand with minimal procs.

Also you asked why I use my Ef in offhand even though the Dps is so high compared to my main hand? You dont want to go by the average Dps of your weapons when comparing tornado damage, you want to go by the base damage.

My Weapon Dps: Sunkeeper 563-1004, Echoing 592-944

And as far as Ef goes, its one of the best if not the best for Ww barb. It allows you to easily hit the 2.2 or 2.5 nado breakpoint with minimal effort and this is with both weapons. No other weapon combo can do this without using Ias on every spot you can get it, atleast not with both weapons unless you get 2 swords or 2 daggers which I have actually been testing out quite a bit lately.
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/19/2012 8:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
So I just tried out my DW build on MP6 and got absolutly owned.. I don't appear to be generating and fury or LS at all and I have no idea why. Even if I turn on Bloodthirst which takes my LS back up to 0.1 less than what it was with my Skorn.

Everything is fine when I switch back to my Skorn.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I generally have no idea what it is.
Reply Quote
Would getting Lacunis benefit me the most at my current state? I can't afford 6% crit so I will be only getting 5-5.5% ones. My current cc in game is 47%. Would the movespeed be worth the eHP loss? Should I grab vit innas after? Also should I look for 9% ias or is 8% enough? My current aps is 2.19 and 2.5 with WoTB.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Er, thanks. How much gold?
Reply Quote
dboy i tried adding you earlier today but never got accepted?

got 50 mill for upgrades and looking for advice

(started a thread at here : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415603469)
Reply Quote
Wolfmulder, actually your gear isnt as bad as I thought it was, I was looking at your hardcore character.
Reply Quote
i see. i'll try to play better then. lolz.
Reply Quote
Wolfmulder, read this when you have time. Should give you a better Idea what to look for when itemizing.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004448070

Also check out UberJager's thread
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199913320
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/20/2012 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Dboy just rocked out the current set im wearing, was very helpful and im very satisfied. thanks again dboy!
Reply Quote
View profile
CM Wiz sneaking in Barbs forums! :-)

Good to see that my recently added friend is so active in forums!

Looking for some ubers together! You could help my Barb friend with gearing too.
Reply Quote
Thanks. With my stats, what MP should I able to do?
Reply Quote
dboy what item should i upgrade for better ehp/dps thanks
Reply Quote
Request sent. Can't wait to see what happens.

Edit: 12 24 12

Been auction housing and instead of a full gear set, just wondering what piece is most in need of an upgrade for no more than 30mill. Will pay for any help still though.
Edited by DaathlyHero#1844 on 12/24/2012 6:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
So I just tried out my DW build on MP6 and got absolutly owned.. I don't appear to be generating and fury or LS at all and I have no idea why. Even if I turn on Bloodthirst which takes my LS back up to 0.1 less than what it was with my Skorn.

Everything is fine when I switch back to my Skorn.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I generally have no idea what it is.

I have No idea, Usually its the other way around. It could be the fury spent by Ww is based on your aps. So this could increase significantly from Dwing and you could not be familiar with it over 2hander.
Reply Quote
Would getting Lacunis benefit me the most at my current state? I can't afford 6% crit so I will be only getting 5-5.5% ones. My current cc in game is 47%. Would the movespeed be worth the eHP loss? Should I grab vit innas after? Also should I look for 9% ias or is 8% enough? My current aps is 2.19 and 2.5 with WoTB.

Thanks!

Yes I believe getting lacunis if your not at 24% ms allready will benefit your farming. Its also very important to have enough Ehp to use Innas if your going for high Ehp, usually people compensate for this by getting high Stats ice climbers without Ms. Also calculate your stats in Wotb if your uptime is high with it. So at 47% cc without would be 57% with, also you can try to use overpower with killing spree to raise it even higher for better fury generation. When getting ias just make sure your reaching the 2.5 breakpoint which you are so getting more ias is not necessary.

dboy i tried adding you earlier today but never got accepted?

got 50 mill for upgrades and looking for advice

You could get more vit in some places, shoulders, chest, belt, bracers. If your going to run with blackthorns chest get one with 50+str and 225+ vitality. Rares shoulders with high str and vitality would probaly increase your ehp a ton over Vile wards with no vitality also. After getting your vitality in these places then you can drop it on your gloves and get higher Str, crit and Ias.

12/21/2012 04:24 AMPosted by I3iILILy
dboy what item should i upgrade for better ehp/dps thanks

Deffinetly upgrade your blackthorns pants. Dont even search for ones with Ar just get as much vit on them as you can. With 2 sockets they can roll with 300vit and 12% life. Just by getting a sword or dagger in offhand will greatly increase your Tdps.
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/21/2012 11:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
thanks very much Dboy ill do that first then ill post again.
Reply Quote
Not sure what to upgrade on my Barb any help would be appreciated
Reply Quote
Hey there DBoy,

im wondering what is the most impt gear that i should upgrade for a better dps? currently only at 85k unbuffed~~

thank you so much in advance!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jill-1954/hero/2018082

My gear isn't exactly optimized, but what can I do with this?
Reply Quote
So this is where im at now for gear works alright but im trying to figure out where to improve I have 10mil gold
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]