Diablo® III

DBoy Helping Barbs Gear For New and End Game.

Np, Iz1hookz
Been trying to figure out the most effective Pvp build, So far Weapon throw, throwing hammer and Hota, smash are looking promising.
Reply Quote
heyhey, i added you just so i can get your opinion on some stuff. i know my build isnt cookie cutter but i have fun with it, my goal is mp6-7 and would like to know how much would that upgrade cost me ^^ see ya ingame i guess :)
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy,

Looking to up my throw barb's overall DPS without sacrificing EHP. Should I be looking into better weapons or better equipment (gloves, etc) as a means of getting there? Also, for survivability in higher MP's, is a crit EF better (more damage/faster kills) or a LS EF (for more leech) a better overall strategy? Right now I am NOT using bloodthirst, relying on only my belt for life leech. Any pointers/criticism/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Snazzy
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
I just wanna say, after the help I got from Dboy, I really began to understand what it took to shop efficiently, look for the best stats in the best item slots, and how to increase my dps without sacrificing survivability.

I started playing a WW barb around July of 2012, with a tiny beginning 60k dps, 400 AR, and about 40k HP. I received help from Dboy only weeks later and thanks to him I have progressed in ways I didn't think possible.

I've gone from 60 to 90k DPS, increased my all res by 200, and raised my EHP in a big way. This is just my way of saying thank you. And for anyone with doubt or lackluster reasoning:

GIVE DBOY A TRY.

You won't regret it.
Reply Quote
Thanks acrinomy and revenant, Im still kicking in here steadily helping people about the only thing that is holding my intrest. I been seriously thinking about selling off all of my gear and rebuilding since nothing is giving me much of a challenge anymore. I still greatly enjoy playing though but I find myself mostly playing low Mp an my current gear isnt needed for that. So maybe I can get a fresh new start soon, So far a guy offered me 800$ for my entire sets Ww/Pvp Throw and Exp gear. But its really gonna be hard to give it up after putting so much time into it :/. Maybe the right price I will feel better about it. If not I will still continue to play maybe just start building up my hardcore character to keep me occupied.

Snazzy, use a LS Ef over a crit Ef. You will still be able to get up into the higher Dps numbers. Also I see alot of people paying attention to Ancient spear % on the 300Th spear. Just focus on getting a 50% Weapon throw spear since this is going to be your main source of Dps not the ancient spear. Also on your gloves and jewelry you should mainly focus Ias and Cc. -5 Weapon throw Ik bely and Soj are very nice also if you want to build without a Fury generator. I like the Throw/Hota style also. Gives you a ton of single target damage. Try the throwing hammer also vs Elites and Ubers or in Pvp it does wonders with the Stun effect.
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy,

I got about 50M now. What should i upgrade? I can do MP3-4, but it's not very efficient. Thanks
Reply Quote
If not too much trouble, could you check out my gear and make any suggestions on what i should upgrade next. I feel like i have hit a plateau and not sure how to improve. I have about 20 mil to spend at the moment.
Reply Quote
Hey,

I wanted to know you opinion about my weapons as I think they are my major weakness now.

I have around 120M but im farming hard to increase that number and saving for the weapons. The main problem is that I cant find a good wepon with LS to replace the EF and buy an EF with socket to equip in the main hand....any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
hellow can you pm me i need advice for my eq, or add me warangel#6551
Edited by WarAngeL#6551 on 1/21/2013 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
=]
Reply Quote
Hey,

I wanted to know you opinion about my weapons as I think they are my major weakness now.

I have around 120M but im farming hard to increase that number and saving for the weapons. The main problem is that I cant find a good wepon with LS to replace the EF and buy an EF with socket to equip in the main hand....any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Theres 2 things you can do if you want to keep useing an Ef.
1. Search for an Ef with high Dps, Str, open socket with low fear and use it on your mainhand with a offhand that has str/crit/ls/open socket.
2. Find a Ef with low Dps, Str/Ls/os, when searching for an Ef Oh for Ww build, do not worry about the Dps at all. Just the Aps and Ls/fear also sockets on weapons are extremely impotant.
Reply Quote
Hey DBoy sent you an email if you still read those :P big budget!
Reply Quote
Hey DBoy just wondering how much it would cost to upgrade my barb. I've been told weapons are a minimum of 10M for me, and thats before I upgraded my OH for 850k, which was cheap.

What should I upgrade, and whats wrong with my barb?

Any helpful criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Hey DBoy just wondering how much it would cost to upgrade my barb. I've been told weapons are a minimum of 10M for me, and thats before I upgraded my OH for 850k, which was cheap.

What should I upgrade, and whats wrong with my barb?

Any helpful criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I think you definitely need Crit Chance on your amulet to start if you want to gain more fury from Into the Fray. That ammy has a huge Str and Vit number, but you have a decent amount of Vit that you can lose some from your amulet. You could upgrade your bracers and get some vit there. You might also be able to find a chest upgrade with some Life % to make up for it. Your wrathful ring is decent, but you also want to get Attack Speed or Crit chance on that ring to help you meet tornado breakpoints or gain more fury to maintain ROTB respectively. For reference, my amulet and rings were ~5 million each.

I just upgraded my Lacunis for 15M and my IK helm to the Mempo for 6.8M. I lost some EHP(STR, AR and armor loss) on the Lacunis so I think my next upgrade is a set of IK boots. They'll be a minor upgrade in STR, MS and I will lose some Vit, but I'll gain nearly 100 AR. I'm sitting around 6 million gold with a couple of items that will hopefully bring me about 20 million on the AH. Further upgrades are going to cost a lot, unless anyone has any suggestions for my build. A Stormshield is an option.

It's getting close to end game for me. Unfortunately don't have the gaming time to sit and farm, slowly get gold and wait for a jackpot. I could flip on the AH, but that isn't much fun for me. I like finding deals and actually getting to use the items. I like finding items that are upgrading to my current gear, but the last upgrade I found was my Jousting Mail. There are a couple more games coming out that I want to play. I think I'll use my 6 machines and see if someone can Uber carry my friend and I, see what hellfire rings I roll and go from there.
Reply Quote
I need help !!!
Reply Quote
Hey Dboy, I seriously need some advice!
I have a 1147 sword with 100 str+ some vit + socket.
Should I replace my current OH with it? Should I keep my echo fury?
What should be my next piece of upgrade?

Thank you so much!!!!
Reply Quote
hey im seeking some gearing advice. im currently looking to upgrade my mh (mace 600-1200 dps range, st, cd, os). other than that what else should i be looking to upgrade?
Reply Quote
Hey I need help with my puny barb. Need someone to tell me how to kill Bosses on MP2??

=]
Reply Quote
Bump for my buddy!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]