Diablo® III

D3 vs TL2 failed arguments!

The cost of product argument is valid, and not for just games. I'm not berating any games that cost $60 since that's usually the standard anyway. Using your 'dump' analogy from the next paragraph: if i take a messy poo I know I will be spending more time, energy, and TP wiping my crack. I'm never upset about it because I'm used to it, it's the standard. But if I excrete a miracle stream-lined poo that doesn't touch the edge of my cheeks I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't know it would end up like that on the way out but once I go to wipe I discover it. A brand new $20 game that I enjoy just as much as regular priced games is such a poo.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 09:28 AMPosted by McPoopy
The cost of product argument is valid, and not for just games. I'm not berating any games that cost $60 since that's usually the standard anyway. Using your 'dump' analogy from the next paragraph: if i take a messy poo I know I will be spending more time, energy, and TP wiping my crack. I'm never upset about it because I'm used to it, it's the standard. But if I excrete a miracle stream-lined poo that doesn't touch the edge of my cheeks I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't know it would end up like that on the way out but once I go to wipe I discover it. A brand new $20 game that I enjoy just as much as regular priced games is such a poo.

Haha love the creativity here! I'd say the cost of a game is subjective then, because it really does not matter to me, and I don't expect less or more depending on cost. I just want a good product no matter what.
Reply Quote
a matter of opinion.
Reply Quote
I like your post OP. I pretty much agree. Iv added my 2 cents but feel free to skip it.

Compiled here is a list of arguments from both sides regarding Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 that I never EVER want to see on this forum again.
Diablo 3

TL2 is for cheaters! Claiming that the modding engine is anything but great makes you look like a juvenile troll.

YES! Thanks to mods we get MORE games to play. We wouldn't have Teamfortress2 or Tower Defence games if it wasn't for those. Warcraft\Starcraft mods anyone?

The graphics in TL2 suck. This is about as intelligent as going to a museum, looking at a water colour painting and a photograph and then saying the painting is inferior because it looks "less real". If you don't like the graphics just say that, but in know way do they objectively suck. It's just your taste.

You're the first person Iv seen that agree's with me. As an artist, the graphics arnt even cartoony, its just a style they use which is kindof inbeween cartoon and real. Not that it matters. Orks Must Die, Dungeon Defenders and TeamFortress2 are all in a similar style and some of the best games I have ever played.

TL2 is imbalanced, and blizzard at least tries to balance the classes. To this I say who the hell cares, it's an ARPG. Do you think your precious D3 will ever qualify as an Esport? Saying you're good at an ARPG is like saying you're good at Lotto scratch tickets, you look stupid.

I personally don't care about nurfs and buffs. As long as I have lazers and a big bloody weapon I have something to squish. IF that isn't fun, I play something else.

TL2 is a kids game. First off, you can't even buy this game without a credit card. Second, just because it looks like a bag of Skittles, doesn't mean it's for kids.

They make games for adults? Also, its those people who say "I won't play that, its for kids" that are actually immature. Grown ups do whatever they find is fun. Crying on forums isn't one of them. I have 4 other games to play if I don't feel up for D3. Some of them "for just kids".

"I love D3, I've made X $". I make about 30 dollars and hour doing boring government crap everyday, and my friend makes about 15$ sitting on his !@# playing computer games at reception. By your definition I should be having a lot more fun stamping endless paper work, but I'm not. Stop using this argument, you sound like a down syndrome drug dealer.

I tend to look at the RMAH as a bonus. But since I am actually trying to have fun with D3 and not grind\farm, I have never had a character good enough to find the good items. So no RMAH. If thats the only reason they play I pity them. Some other good games out there.

Torchligh 2

TL2 is the true Diablo 2 heir. It's really not. The game plays closer to a Final Fantasy/ Gauntlet Legends cross than an actual Diablo game. Just because you have some of the original staff, does not make this game in any way like the original franchise.

Thank you. Someone who gets it! Plus, the games are very different IMO. I play both for various reasons. I don't understand how people say "Im quitting for such and such". Its not like the game will vanish into thin air if you play something else for a while.

But TL2 only costs 20 dollars! Honestly who the hell cares. .

I paid $19 for a game on Steam yesterday and that was a major rip off. The game was just buggy as hell. Then again D3 was $60 and had lots of issues as well. Price has little to do with a game. The player should research before buying and never pre-order anything within knowing what you're getting. I knew what i was getting with D3. I bought it 5 days after release to see reviews. I didn't do this with my $19 game on Steam. My fault.

Diablo 3 took 10 years to make. No one cares, and this is irrelevant. Whether it takes me 2 hours to force out a dump, or I blast it out in 10 seconds, the result is still the same stinky pile of feces. This argument is just for people with nothing intelligent or worthwhile to say.

I think it was 4 years. But they did have artists and designers working on it here and there. Concept stuff. I think the idea here is that Blizz have always put a lot of time into their games to make them perfect. D3 had more then enough time yet was released as a Beta. This seems to have shocked a lot of players I suppose? I guess you could see it as pushing and pushing that poo for an hour only to get a tiny "plop" and think, "was that it"?
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 08:43 AMPosted by TheCursed
-mech comander 2

lets talk about mechwarrior now.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 07:06 AMPosted by WitchDoctor
-mech comander 2

lets talk about mechwarrior now.

What about mechwarrior?
Reply Quote
The mod on crysis is great; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qClewV5Y4-c&feature=related
Reply Quote
I like your post OP. I pretty much agree. Iv added my 2 cents but feel free to skip it.

Compiled here is a list of arguments from both sides regarding Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 that I never EVER want to see on this forum again.
Diablo 3

TL2 is for cheaters! Claiming that the modding engine is anything but great makes you look like a juvenile troll.

YES! Thanks to mods we get MORE games to play. We wouldn't have Teamfortress2 or Tower Defence games if it wasn't for those. Warcraft\Starcraft mods anyone?

The graphics in TL2 suck. This is about as intelligent as going to a museum, looking at a water colour painting and a photograph and then saying the painting is inferior because it looks "less real". If you don't like the graphics just say that, but in know way do they objectively suck. It's just your taste.

You're the first person Iv seen that agree's with me. As an artist, the graphics arnt even cartoony, its just a style they use which is kindof inbeween cartoon and real. Not that it matters. Orks Must Die, Dungeon Defenders and TeamFortress2 are all in a similar style and some of the best games I have ever played.

TL2 is imbalanced, and blizzard at least tries to balance the classes. To this I say who the hell cares, it's an ARPG. Do you think your precious D3 will ever qualify as an Esport? Saying you're good at an ARPG is like saying you're good at Lotto scratch tickets, you look stupid.

I personally don't care about nurfs and buffs. As long as I have lazers and a big bloody weapon I have something to squish. IF that isn't fun, I play something else.

TL2 is a kids game. First off, you can't even buy this game without a credit card. Second, just because it looks like a bag of Skittles, doesn't mean it's for kids.

They make games for adults? Also, its those people who say "I won't play that, its for kids" that are actually immature. Grown ups do whatever they find is fun. Crying on forums isn't one of them. I have 4 other games to play if I don't feel up for D3. Some of them "for just kids".

"I love D3, I've made X $". I make about 30 dollars and hour doing boring government crap everyday, and my friend makes about 15$ sitting on his !@# playing computer games at reception. By your definition I should be having a lot more fun stamping endless paper work, but I'm not. Stop using this argument, you sound like a down syndrome drug dealer.

I tend to look at the RMAH as a bonus. But since I am actually trying to have fun with D3 and not grind\farm, I have never had a character good enough to find the good items. So no RMAH. If thats the only reason they play I pity them. Some other good games out there.

Torchligh 2

TL2 is the true Diablo 2 heir. It's really not. The game plays closer to a Final Fantasy/ Gauntlet Legends cross than an actual Diablo game. Just because you have some of the original staff, does not make this game in any way like the original franchise.

Thank you. Someone who gets it! Plus, the games are very different IMO. I play both for various reasons. I don't understand how people say "Im quitting for such and such". Its not like the game will vanish into thin air if you play something else for a while.

But TL2 only costs 20 dollars! Honestly who the hell cares. .

I paid $19 for a game on Steam yesterday and that was a major rip off. The game was just buggy as hell. Then again D3 was $60 and had lots of issues as well. Price has little to do with a game. The player should research before buying and never pre-order anything within knowing what you're getting. I knew what i was getting with D3. I bought it 5 days after release to see reviews. I didn't do this with my $19 game on Steam. My fault.

Diablo 3 took 10 years to make. No one cares, and this is irrelevant. Whether it takes me 2 hours to force out a dump, or I blast it out in 10 seconds, the result is still the same stinky pile of feces. This argument is just for people with nothing intelligent or worthwhile to say.

I think it was 4 years. But they did have artists and designers working on it here and there. Concept stuff. I think the idea here is that Blizz have always put a lot of time into their games to make them perfect. D3 had more then enough time yet was released as a Beta. This seems to have shocked a lot of players I suppose? I guess you could see it as pushing and pushing that poo for an hour only to get a tiny "plop" and think, "was that it"?

I appreciate your ability to keep an even leveler head than myself will viewing the points I listed objectively. Though I've obviously shown a small biased by accident in the posting! Thanks for reading my rant, and I enjoyed your thoughts on the matter as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]