Diablo® III

The Great WD Gear Giveaway #2

The first one went really well, and I think we were able to help several players. I’ve gotten really good feedback from the players who received the gear from the original giveaway. Thanks to a great deal another WD gave me on my new TOTD I was able to give my old one away and really make someone’s day. Many thanks to Tainted for the great deal.

New and Struggling Players: Read on to see how you can get a free set of Act 3 viable gear. If you just need some advice or one or two upgrades add me in game and I’ll do my best to help you out.

Everyone else: If you want to donate gear to help others add me in game. Gems and Gold are also accepted and will be put to good use. I will never profit from anything related to these giveaways.

You can check out the original thread if you want to see how this got started. It also contains a lot of advice for those hitting the Act2/3 inferno wall. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712881973

The Giveaway: On Friday October 5th I will choose someone to get a free set of gear. All you have to do to enter is post in this thread saying you are interested. If you are paragon level 50 or you have millions of gold in gear on your Barb I’m not likely to pick you. My plan is to do this every week so no need to worry if you don’t win this one.

The gear: It’s not going to allow you to faceroll Act 3. It should allow you to make it through Act 3 with minimal deaths at a reasonable pace. Hopefully this will help you to find new Items and learn the battles and terrain. I’m not giving away end game gear, but hopefully I can set you down that path. The gear will at least fit these requirements: 40K-50K HP, 400-500 Resist All, and 4000-5000 Armor (these are the stats on your character sheet with gear equipped). As far as DPS I’ll make it as high as possible, but the focus will be on survival. Total DPS will obviously be dependent upon what kind of deals I can find on weapons. If I can’t find a good weapon then I’ll just give you the left over gold and you can search for one that meets your needs. What left over gold you ask? Good question. I’m going to be spending 1M gold on this gear. Whatever I don’t spend I’ll give to the winner. Yes you can get good gear for 1M. I got the full setup w/weapon in the first giveaway for 750K. That was 1 hour on the AH using BIN. I’ve already gotten to work on collecting new gear. I’m not rushing this time and I’m using Bids instead of BINs. I’ve already collected several pieces comparable to what was in the first set for way less gold. This will leave more for jewelry and weapons, which is where you’ll get the most DPS. As was pointed out on the original thread I got a really good deal on the weapon, so I cannot promise a similar one every time.

Totally awesome people AKA donators:
Tocean
CoolieMost
Iwells57
danerd
Worloega
Drewdoc5000
PupperMaster
gl hf
Edited by Kamahl#1834 on 10/7/2012 5:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i am interested Kamahl! and again ty for your help yesterday.
Reply Quote
Do you have any examples of what kind of gear you will be buying?

If you do, I would be happy to donate a few items (assuming they meet the needs).

I have lots of left over gear that just wont sell on the AH, so why not give it to someone.
Reply Quote
@San. I think your stats look pretty good. Your armor could use a little boost, and then you can start working on DPS. There are others in much worse shape so I'll look for a few specific upgrades for you and we'll give the full set to someone that needs it a little more as I dont think the set would be a huge boost for you.

To everyone looking for help. If you add me in game and I dont respond right away dont be discouraged. I'm getting a lot of friend requests and I'm trying to help people one at a time. Im actually inputting stats in a DPS calculator and trying to find real upgrades which is time consuming. I will help everyone I can as I'm pretty bored with the game right now and just waiting for 1.0.5 to hit.
Reply Quote
Kamahi I would like to receive some of this early christmas presents =D is it possible that there would be a TOTD in this give away?
Reply Quote
i could use the help. i get slaughtered in act3. so bad that im hoping 1.0.5 MP changes allow me to farm act 1 at mp1 so i can get good gear because i definetely cant afford upgrades now. if its not my gear, maybe its my build, but this build was always fun leveling up to 60. but then became useless in inferno until 1.0.4. any help would be greatly appreciated - even advice.
Reply Quote
Do you have any examples of what kind of gear you will be buying?

If you do, I would be happy to donate a few items (assuming they meet the needs).

I have lots of left over gear that just wont sell on the AH, so why not give it to someone.

I failed pretty hard by not getting a snapshot of the first set. Basically I'm trying to stack Vit/All Res/+Armor until I reach the stats I listed in the first post of this thread. Obviously I'm working for Int on each piece as well. From there I'm focusing on CC/CD with maybe a little IAS although I dont think IAS is a great stat for these types of builds as it typically requires +mana and +regen items. Trying to make boots, pants, belt, chest, shoulders heavily defensive. Picking up CC on bracers and helm along with some base stats. Really trying for LOH and crit stats on jewelery. The gloves I'm looking at are usually pretty offensive as well with high INT and CC with either CD or IAS. Typically this is where I'm picking up some IAS as CC+IAS is much cheaper than CC+CD. Of course your weapon can never be good enough. I'm trying to get weapon (preferably WD knife for mana/regen) with either a socket or base crit and LOH.
Reply Quote
I dont think I will be getting a TOTD upgrade anytime soon so unless someone else donates one I wouldn't expect to be giving another of those away any time soon. I will absolutely give away good gear I find when ever I get around to doing Act 3 runs again.
Reply Quote
I think I definitely have some gear i can donate. I've accumulate so much... I have believe I have some lower end dual crit rings, high Loh Amy's, crit helms with int.. Etc if you're on later today I'll add you if you need some donations :)
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 08:15 AMPosted by juhosevic
I think I definitely have some gear i can donate. I've accumulate so much... I have believe I have some lower end dual crit rings, high Loh Amy's, crit helms with int.. Etc if you're on later today I'll add you if you need some donations :)

that would be awesome. Thanks.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Kamahl

that would be awesome. Thanks.

I also think I have some gear lying around that I can donate as well. I'll be on sometime today so i'll add you.
Reply Quote
Definitely interested in your little give-a-way here. I will definitely be adding you in game for any help or suggestions!!
Reply Quote
I just want to say that WD is not only the best class, but it has the best people. Some amazing donations! I cant wait for the next give away, although I might have to give away two sets to get rid of some of this gear!
Reply Quote
Okay so the WD community is just too amazing. The give away will be moved up to Tomorrow. I suddenly have a lot of gear that was donated by Tocean and CoolieMost. They literally gave me about two tabs worth of gear, and I want it out of my stash. I need to figure out what the best combination of gear is, and then I'll give it out sometime tomorrow nite. I might even give out a second set tomorrow so let me know if you're interested!
Reply Quote
I'm interested. Cant even make it through Act II at the moment and everything on AH is so expensive.
Reply Quote
Okay so the WD community is just too amazing. The give away will be moved up to Tomorrow. I suddenly have a lot of gear that was donated by Tocean and CoolieMost. They literally gave me about two tabs worth of gear, and I want it out of my stash. I need to figure out what the best combination of gear is, and then I'll give it out sometime tomorrow nite. I might even give out a second set tomorrow so let me know if you're interested!

All for the good of the WD's :)
Edited by Tocean#1750 on 9/28/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Id like to win! And get help too :)
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Kamahl

Word
Reply Quote
id be interested, havent gotten new gear for my wd since first patch
Reply Quote
id like to toss my name in the hat. i can do A3 okay single. Okay multi, but requires me to be VERY defensive and my offensive kinda struggles. Im still using some gear from like, pre 1.0.4. I upgrade when i can when the value is right, but some pieces i just cant seem to find an upgrade. I hear of people getting 1 legendary a day, i get 1 legendary every 2 weeks if im lucky. Id like to be able to make my A3 runs profitable where i can upgrade myself. I get other class stuff, like monk wpns, barb belts, etc that arent worth much, but i pass them off to more insignificant players. Id just like to see myself get something for once :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]