Diablo® III

FIX the Witch Doctor above you! (Continued)

I think you know your AR is rubbish, if you plan on using pets for tanks you'll need to beef up some or they will get ate FAST by AE spells, even post 1.04 reductions. Damage is fine, though I'd question a fast 1h in a pet build and question bears in a glassish build, unless your not in main gear. Dps is nice but AS can really skew it on paper if you aren't able to sit in one spot and pew pew pew bc you can't survive it.

Odd recommendations. I actually don't think I need anymore AR or VIT, I would actually give some up for more damage. With my bears and gravefeast build I can do the alkaizer run in 14 minutes with 12% MS. Give me 24% move speed and I'll be on par with a WW barb for clearing speed.

if alkaizer runs at lower power levels is all you want to do then yeah. im pretty sure that guys runs were just centered around getting to lvl 100 as fast as possible and nothing else. You wont really progress anywhere past that once 1.05 comes out if just raising DPS is your aim though, higher power levels requires mitigation no matter how much DPS you have cuz their HP grows insanely high (multiplicately I think)
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 9/30/2012 5:24 PM PDT
@pwnmatt

everyone has different opinion on how to take on monster power. personally i dont know what its like but i am taking a more defensive approach with high hp and dogs for more tank.

your items are awesome. wanting more hp and ar would just means getting the same piece with vit or %life but that gonna cost u. if i have to choose ill upgrade my pants. other than that you seem rdy for 1.05, we are just talking the different route
@ Above

Better gloves perhaps? Ones with more int/vit while still maintaining crit chance aren't super expensive. You could also replace your mojo with a high end serpent or thing of the deep. Otherwise superb character at 100k+ DPS!
@ above

Nice gear how do you get the gold for all that? lol. But idk I dont really like the lacuni prowlers I feel with the amount of money you seem to have there are better options possibly. Although I'm sure that movement speed bonus is nice
@ Que

your DPS is surprisingly low. I think you should find a way to up your Int to above 2k. maybe around 2.5k or more.

also finding a wep with a socket and base CHDI would be nice

<- you guys can skip me for now. Im waiting till after patch to buy
Even, sorry no quote my phone is !@#$%y.

I hear you on speed, I really do, but 100k dps isn't going to hold the fort alone when you are dealing with vast damage sources and HP, albeit important, doesn't inherently scale like defense does. I think at 290 AR you will have an issue not straight kiting in Mp 5+.
asmodeus

Your wep lacks crit damamge yet it has nice int. i dont think the mf boost is gonna be nearly as important after 1.5

You need crit chance in your gloves + bracers
I would ditch mf altogether if i was you, starting with your wep

Still i think you are pretty good! :D
09/30/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Soundb

Odd recommendations. I actually don't think I need anymore AR or VIT, I would actually give some up for more damage. With my bears and gravefeast build I can do the alkaizer run in 14 minutes with 12% MS. Give me 24% move speed and I'll be on par with a WW barb for clearing speed.

if alkaizer runs at lower power levels is all you want to do then yeah. im pretty sure that guys runs were just centered around getting to lvl 100 as fast as possible and nothing else. You wont really progress anywhere past that once 1.05 comes out if just raising DPS is your aim though, higher power levels requires mitigation no matter how much DPS you have cuz their HP grows insanely high (multiplicately I think)

You guy's aren't understanding. There is no point to playing at higher MP levels, at all**. MF is not important if you aren't going through the content at the same speed as without MF. MP1 is actually easier than current inferno and you get more rewards, so yes all I want to do is farm at low MP and get the most enemies killed per hour. Most enemies killed per hour = most items dropped per hour, plain and simple.

** Unless farming for hellfire ring, then I won't be using bears I'll use an acid cloud/Rain of toads LoH build.

You guy's aren't understanding. There is no point to playing at higher MP levels, at all**. MF is not important if you aren't going through the content at the same speed as without MF. MP1 is actually easier than current inferno and you get more rewards, so yes all I want to do is farm at low MP and get the most enemies killed per hour. Most enemies killed per hour = most items dropped per hour, plain and simple.

** Unless farming for hellfire ring, then I won't be using bears I'll use an acid cloud/Rain of toads LoH build.

you do know you get XP bonuses at higher levels also right? its not just extra MF. Also I did see quite a difference from farming MP1 vs MP 7+, I was getting many rares just off regular trash mobs at MP7+, 500%MF with no stacks is nothing to scoff at.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 9/30/2012 7:10 PM PDT
eh not much to say, could maybe use better shoulders and gloves?
Yeah everything changes after I get past I think MP 4ish Once I move into a higher MP Im going to do just that and go crit and ls
Btw lol what is the alkaseltzer run?
09/30/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Asmodeus
Btw lol what is the alkaseltzer run?

Youtube it, it's the run alkaizer did to reach paragon 100 as fast as possible. Just 5 of the most mob dense zones in act 3.

And I'll try the higher MP levels but I doubt that extra MF will be more efficient than speed. Don't feel like testing PTR, I'll just wait and find out.
Fix me!
fix me
Ok sounds good Thanks Even. Think it's what Im doing with the we barb I partner with but I didn't know it had a formal name
yea need some help just new to WD.
Hi guys,

Stopped playing a month after the game came out or so, so I'm really not sure what I need. Was running a proctor + bear thing when I quit. Have no money (gave what I had away when I couldn't really play any more) so looking for cost-effective gear/build suggestions. Proctor seems to be doing okay atm in Act 2, but it's slow since my gear isn't great.

Thanks!

(I'd offer advice on the people above but I'm pretty much a newb all over again with all the changes to the game since I quit)
Beefcake: You need better gear to put it simply. You should maybe start at the weapon.

Crit chance and then crit damge will be needed. You can buy a higher dps (than you have) 1h weapon with some crit damage for cheap. Get a ring with crit chance on it in addition to intelligence.

Low to mid lvl gear isn't expensive. Just farm a little in act 1 if you are comfortable and you should be able to upgrade pieces at a few hundred k per purchase at first.
Edited by Anjinsan#1427 on 9/30/2012 10:39 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]