Diablo® III

FIX the Witch Doctor above you! (Continued)

09/27/2012 07:48 AMPosted by bicen
I would appreciate some feedback :]

Thanks for skipping me! I NEED ADVICE TOO DAFUQ
@SnakeEyeZ Once 1.05 comes out, farm like hell for some new jewels. Yours aren't bad, just going to be some sweet ones once they can roll i63l.

Maybe upgrade int gem in off-hand. Otherwise looks like a solid build chap.
@ KingHen

In order to give you build advice you really should first refine your build.

If you want AoE - Acid cloud OR RoT, as they fill a similar role, and get much more LoH to benefit.

If you want single target - Bears OR splinters. But you would need Life Steal on a weapon to benefit the most.

You NEED Soul Harvest

Right now you are trying to do too many things with direct damage at the expense of skill/passive/gear synergy and it is probably hurting your overall effectiveness.

Truthfully if you want RoT/AC you need much more LoH otherwise don't bother. So upgrade your jewelry for it, you can get 200 LoH pieces relatively cheap, and thats with AR, stats, and even CC.

Aside from that grab a Zuni boots maybe, the 7-8% additional poison damage should add a nice chunk to your DPS for relatively cheap.
Edited by Maxim#1485 on 9/27/2012 9:27 AM PDT
@ Maxim.

Gems man! your chest and pants are both really good, but you are leaving a lot of DPS on the table by not having sockets on them. I think your belt and Ammi could also be upgraded for not too much gold. i think you can increase your intel by 300-400 with some upgrades and gems and def increase your chance to crit. I bet you you could get to ~75k dps with about 20m gold spend
@ Squeeme

Once patch hits, try to work on getting some CC and CD on those rings. Also, based on my experiences from last night, switching to a TotD and GI+GF instead of Jungle Fort + VQ will improve your clear times.
@Squeeme

It's a bit hard to tell as it seems you have an MF set on (main set?) but you're gear is overall well thought out. A few things:

Life on hit is pretty low for bear spamming, maybe try and pick up an int Ouroboros or 400+ LoH ammy?

Your gems are only mid-grade. You have nice pieces that could really benefit from star+ quality gems - you're leaving a lot of dps potential out!

Awesome Lacunis ;)

Long term I would start looking to piece together two-piece Zuni's (ring and boots are the cheapest place to start). Also, look for a 'black' dmg weapon to take full advantage of the +X% Poison dmg on the boots. Inna's belt is another good piece to pick up once you have a black weapon (and relatively cheap!).

Cheers!
Edited by Dracco#1521 on 9/27/2012 9:48 AM PDT
@Ztking: upgrade the weapon. a knife with 70%+ crit +socket will od wonders for your DPS and "The Boon" ring needs to go, it is terribad (need at least one of CC, CD or AS).

@Dracco: you have +359% crit dmg, but only +16% crit chance. each % increase in CC will do rediculous things to your DPS... I'd sell your rings and ammy, you'll get a decent amount of gold then buy +CC jewels. you won't be sorry (even if you lose thre +130 intel from zuni set).

i actually run some MF full time, i have a slightly better DPS/Vit set, but the clear times are not greatly improved by using it.
Squee, there is definitely a lot of opportunity to do small upgrades but you mentioned having better pieces without Mf...
I'm still a proponent of swapping if you are going for mf runs...

That said I would pool into Zuni pieces ...

Also for whoever does me: I've saved a lot of gold 100mil-ish... really thinking about Zuni chest...
Squee, there is definitely a lot of opportunity to do small upgrades but you mentioned having better pieces without Mf...

That said I would pool into Zuni pieces ...

Also for whoever does me: I've saved a lot of gold 100mil-ish... really thinking about Zuni chest...

@Hitokori
I recommend taking all of your 100mil and turning teaching your tanks siege mode.
Edited by ztking#1754 on 9/27/2012 10:27 AM PDT

I'm not smart (patient) enough to switch gear :p I only have about 10m gold atm, the eventual plan is to get Zuni, but i think a witching hour belt comes first, as well as a new ammi (CC & CD)
@ztking

I would suggest you to upgrade your gems i think the stats you are building right now are good with a set of lvl63 gems it would be just crazy, and ive been looking at your spell and i might give it a try
How-D.

I have been using these threads to my great benefit.

I have a fairly good cloud build going now. The more advice...the better!
(But I am flat ars3 broke right now)
@SnakeEyes

No movement speed on boots? Makes for faster farming.
You will obviously benefit from the new gems when they arrive.
I'd also look into a socketed weapon because of that.
Edited by Anjinsan#1427 on 9/27/2012 10:43 AM PDT
After looking at most other people's gear, I feel undergeared! I see most WD's use one hander's but I am liking my 2h, especially since I'm using bears. I'm liking my build and I can farm Act 3 decently but am by no means speeding through it. Any critiques that will help me speed up farming will be greatly appreciated!
@kingBLY

definitly look for a new weapon 1100dps for a 2 hander is low.

also look for run speed boots. you will be amazed at the difference it makes to play !

last one . your The Root ring is decent but woudl probobly anotehr one i woudl upgrade. get the + dmg stat and ethier CC/ CD/ AS

my turn!! yay - btw i just play in groups. i dont solo
Edited by Redzone#1566 on 9/27/2012 11:30 AM PDT
@Redzone,

I see you running Grave Injustice, but you have no pickup radius and you're not running bears so most kills are at range. I recommend rethinking that... maybe picking up Spirit Vessel, since I expect you still die a bit in Act 3 with that HP/Resist/Armor (though probably not much anymore).

You seem to have focused more on attack speed than CC/CD. I think you may be doing yourself a disservice there, since a higher upfront burst is probably more effective if you're clearing trash with AC. Either way, look to pick up some CC/CD wherever possible (jewelry, gloves, offhand, weapon)
Redzone,

I think the first thing I would look to upgrade adding some crit chance and damage. Maybe start with your amulet or offhand. Though you have a pretty solid stat set!

Beyond that I would start building your Regen and LoH. I know for me LoH is next, maybe the blackthorn pants.
My WD just graduated from Hell, so I'm still not sure what to look out for in gear. Any help is appreciated!
Bah.. reposting now that I have my profile correctly up (I hope).
09/27/2012 11:43 AMPosted by queenofbabes
My WD just graduated from Hell, so I'm still not sure what to look out for in gear. Any help is appreciated!

In inferno you are gonna want All resit, int, vitality mainly. then afterwards you look for crit chance and crit dmg and attack speed.

Since you are using GF/Gi you might want to get some pickup radius. and you also want movement speed on boots.

09/27/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Hitokori
Bah.. reposting now that I have my profile correctly up (I hope).

Find armor, pants, and helm with sockets. 3x, 2x, and 1x respectively.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]