Diablo® III

FIX the Witch Doctor above you! (Continued)

NgArclite:

Waiting for 1.05 gems? 'Cause right off the bat that's where I'd look to increase...well all of them.
NgArclite:

Waiting for 1.05 gems? 'Cause right off the bat that's where I'd look to increase...well all of them.

more or less. not to mention the only gem thats worth getting maxed would be emerald. then maybe ammy others b/c of +% vit. otherwise +4 points is worthless. also waiting on rings and ammy for the new rolls :P.

@Anj

you need items with sockets :P that could boost so much. also while you can dual weild some 2h if you got a friend you trust. op dmg and fast farming gogo
NgArclite:

more or less. not to mention the only gem thats worth getting maxed would be emerald. then maybe ammy others b/c of +% vit. otherwise +4 points is worthless. also waiting on rings and ammy for the new rolls :P.

@Anj

you need items with sockets :P that could boost so much. also while you can dual weild some 2h if you got a friend you trust. op dmg and fast farming gogo

I have a good friend who is a l33t barb. We farmed a metric shiiteload when I ran wiz as my main. Haven't tried running with him and my cloud doc yet...but I think it'd work pretty well.
Edited by Anjinsan#1427 on 9/27/2012 12:24 PM PDT
09/27/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Squeeme
@Dracco: you have +359% crit dmg, but only +16% crit chance. each % increase in CC will do rediculous things to your DPS... I'd sell your rings and ammy, you'll get a decent amount of gold then buy +CC jewels. you won't be sorry (even if you lose thre +130 intel from zuni set).

I thought so too, but I switched out a 100+ INT, 20%CD, 3%CC ring for the Zuni ring and gained ~900dps. 130 INT is a lot to lose. The AR boost is nice, as well.

I'm trying to find an amulet with CC instead of IAS while still having comparable stats and CD as my current one... not easy for less than 10's of millions. Guess I just need to start saving for Tal's (lol).
Getting back into D3 after 3 months and wondering what would be the best way to start about upgrading my gear. Last I played IAS was the thing to go for (before they nerfed it by 50%).
NgArclite:

Did i miss something, what are 1.05 gems? i didn't see anything in patch notes
NgArclite:

Did i miss something, what are 1.05 gems? i didn't see anything in patch notes

I heard that gems will now have stats like int...str...vit...etc.
You're looking good.
^ Why are you using a skysplitter and that mojo?
@Kittyslayer

The largest thing I would focus on is getting a socket in your weapon. Might be expensive to keep all that MF and get it, but a potential of 100% crit dmg is a ton.

Crit % would help alot too especially if you are using bears more than darts. If you are I would drop that AIS and pick up crit/crit % instead.

Finally in preparation of 1.05 you should come up with a way to generate mana and health without GI/GF.
Ok, gotten new shoulders and gloves since last thread I posted in, so please re-fix me, assuming I am a casual player without tens of millions to spend. I figure the best "value" pieces I should work on next is a chest that improves stats a bit and adds an extra ability, and a helm that has a socket. Pretty hard finding a helm with similar stats to mine though, with a socket, that doesn't cost a bundle.
thanks for the tips. the GI was a mistake on my part! supposed to be GF. no wonder my dps the last 2 days has felt low lol.

i like the high attack speed because my long term goal is to somehow use confuse toads (addling toads) and mass confusion somewhere in the build as liek i said i play groups only. will look into the gear stuff once i get more money!!.

@Redzone,

I see you running Grave Injustice, but you have no pickup radius and you're not running bears so most kills are at range. I recommend rethinking that... maybe picking up Spirit Vessel, since I expect you still die a bit in Act 3 with that HP/Resist/Armor (though probably not much anymore).

You seem to have focused more on attack speed than CC/CD. I think you may be doing yourself a disservice there, since a higher upfront burst is probably more effective if you're clearing trash with AC. Either way, look to pick up some CC/CD wherever possible (jewelry, gloves, offhand, weapon)
09/27/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Armydal
Getting back into D3 after 3 months and wondering what would be the best way to start about upgrading my gear. Last I played IAS was the thing to go for (before they nerfed it by 50%).

Most people use Acid Rain or Zombie Bear spam now. Acid Rain still uses some AS while ZB doesn't at all unless you wanna spam firebombs or toads.

Start by building up All resist on items till you have about 400-500.

09/27/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Gnusounduave
You're looking good.

@ Gnun

you need to up AR and probably find a better mojo. The choice of skysplitter is nice I guess but you might want to find one with a socket.

@ Kitty

you are set unless you wanna up small things with extra money yopu got lying around

*btw Gorim the Sun Keeper has max MF of 45% so getting one with a socket and same MF won't be hard at all.
Edited by NgArclite#1673 on 9/27/2012 2:09 PM PDT
09/27/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Baamboo
Ok, gotten new shoulders and gloves since last thread I posted in, so please re-fix me, assuming I am a casual player without tens of millions to spend. I figure the best "value" pieces I should work on next is a chest that improves stats a bit and adds an extra ability, and a helm that has a socket. Pretty hard finding a helm with similar stats to mine though, with a socket, that doesn't cost a bundle.

I would choose new passives - you have good armor and resists your pets will stay alive, you'd be surprised how much quicker you can clear things if you stuck with 3 dogs and didn't give them your life regen.

*btw Gorim the Sun Keeper has max MF of 45% so getting one with a socket and same MF won't be hard at all.

Very good point. Well if he has 300 mill laying around it would be a solid upgrade.....
id say some more crit hit and damage and ur good gorim
@ anagram8

Gear is top notch. Only thing I would change is the Amulet. Although it will be expensive adding crit dmg to it would be ideal.

Also your weapon only has 58% crit dmg and 8 mana per sec. It will be very tough to upgrade, because of the high LS and dps, but maybe......
Fix me please!
09/27/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Necrolysis
Fix me please!

I don't play a sac build so I dunno much about it but I can try. Maybe a sac player can help out more.

You could always use more AR though you are near 400 with soul harvest so it shouldn't be that big a deal. Your weapon could use a socket for more CD. and you pants and helm could use more sockets as well for fast vit or int increase.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]