Diablo® III

Sell Equipment Before Patch 1.0.5 Hits!

Blizzard just announced that the drop rates for legendary and set items are going to be doubled. Combined with the giant boost to MF/GF provided by the monster level system in patch 1.0.5, your current gear is going to plummet in value as "good items" become more common.

If you haven't already, you should consider converting your current gear to cash via the RMAH since real $ is the best hedge against gold devaluation. For instance, the value of gold has dropped by 70% IN THE LAST WEEK ALONE from $2 per million to 57 cents per million.

If you can't sell via the RMAH, convert your current equipment to ingame gold since you'll likely be able to buy back your equipment post-patch at a fraction of current costs.

Update: Blizzard has nerfed the Hellfire ring into dirt. Now there is no reason to gear up for high monster levels when you can simply farm MP1-3 at insanity pace. The time to unload gear is now!
Edited by SlingFox#1477 on 10/6/2012 12:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:02 PMPosted by BriztankNZ
I just found 2 legendary items in one run of act 4 inferno, Diablo actually dropped one him, err herself!

You're lucky man! I also found a legendary in Act 3 just not but it's a crappy level 57 gloves worth nothing! If you're new items are sellabe, unload them ASAP and save your gold to for a post-patch selling spree :)
Reply Quote
2 * 0 = 0
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:04 PMPosted by papaHav
2 * 0 = 0

I see that you sold all the gear on your monk. Smart man!
Reply Quote
don't matter, rare item drop quality is still garbage..
Reply Quote
sold everything just now, all naked. good luck to the others still selling.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:26 PMPosted by FromtheAshes
c'mon lets get some cheap gear to flip, panic more plz

this
Reply Quote
I bet OP just hit puberty. Major overreaction alert!
Reply Quote
The sky is falling.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yes! sale now! sale cheap! and run fur yer lives!
Reply Quote
View profile
The sky is falling.

No it was an angry bird.
Reply Quote
yes. sell your stuff cheap and thanks!
Reply Quote
If you haven't already, you should consider converting your current gear to cash via the RMAH since real $ is the best hedge against gold devaluation. For instance, the value of gold has dropped by 70% IN THE LAST WEEK ALONE from $2 per million to 57 cents per million.

Ok, that is definitely NOT true, gold was NOT at $2 / M last week. I personally don't think gold can devalue anymore, it hasn't moved last few days, still around $0.55-$0.6 range. Only problem if you covert all your case to real $$$, is if the gold value goes back up (for whatever reason, maybe when PvP comes out and people want to buy gold), then you'll get screwed.
Reply Quote
we wouldnt be so upset if this game had anything else to it other than farming? making items easier to get just makes this game pointless
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]