Diablo® III

Sell Equipment Before Patch 1.0.5 Hits!

09/27/2012 10:40 PMPosted by MadKittyCat
we wouldnt be so upset if this game had anything else to it other than farming? making items easier to get just makes this game pointless

PvP... well, they said most likely not this year....
Reply Quote
are legendaries themselves getting any buffs? can they roll higher stats, for instance? If it's just drop rates, then I don't expect prices dropping anything too bad.
Reply Quote
Double nothing is nothing, lucky me.
Reply Quote
It s good even 0.0001% to 0.0002% but price in auction house wont fall..because of inflation....

double the drop rate doesnt mean double the Godly item rate....

Godly still Godly and there are only More than Godly .

Todays Godly cost 100M and 1.05 Godly cost 200M....
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 9/27/2012 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Achilles
If you haven't already, you should consider converting your current gear to cash via the RMAH since real $ is the best hedge against gold devaluation. For instance, the value of gold has dropped by 70% IN THE LAST WEEK ALONE from $2 per million to 57 cents per million.

Ok, that is definitely NOT true, gold was NOT at $2 / M last week. I personally don't think gold can devalue anymore, it hasn't moved last few days, still around $0.55-$0.6 range. Only problem if you covert all your case to real $$$, is if the gold value goes back up (for whatever reason, maybe when PvP comes out and people want to buy gold), then you'll get screwed.

Gold was indeed $2 towards the start of last week (there are programs and several websites out there that monitor basic prices on the AH and RMAH for commodities and commonly sold items/popular legendaries). Yesterday you could sell gold for 75 cents per million pretty easily, now the average sale price is around 65 cents or so and selling for as low as 55 cents. This fluctuation isn't abnormal but the trend is clear.

I have close to 4300 trades on the gold and RMAH so I keep a pretty close eye on prices. Needless to say I've made more than my money's worth via the RMAH, but since school is back in session and new games have been released I don't play much anymore. It is fun to try to ride the Diablo 3 economy during these big shake-ups though. Right now is the time to gamble for sure!
Edited by SlingFox#1477 on 9/27/2012 11:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Artoklasia
are legendaries themselves getting any buffs? can they roll higher stats, for instance? If it's just drop rates, then I don't expect prices dropping anything too bad.

Since rolls are determined by monster level rather than item level now, sub-i63 items are getting buffed. For instance, a level 57 legendary ring will be be able to roll level 63 attributes if you are at monster level 1 or above.
Reply Quote
drop rates doesn't matter if you keep rolling bad stats. all this tells me is that we'll have alot of terrible legs/sets posted on AH by players hoping to strike it rich.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Artoklasia

i believe lvl 58-62 legandaries can roll higher,
lvl 63's should remain the same tho.
Edited by Razor#1728 on 9/27/2012 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 11:15 PMPosted by SlingFox

Since rolls are determined by monster level rather than item level now, sub-i63 items are getting buffed. For instance, a level 57 legendary ring will be be able to roll level 63 attributes if you are at monster level 1 or above.

that can't happen since inferno only drops 58+
Reply Quote
It s good even 0.0001% to 0.0002% but price in auction house wont fall..because of inflation....

double the drop rate doesnt mean double the Godly item rate....

Godly still Godly and there are only More than Godly .

Todays Godly cost 100M and 1.05 Godly cost 200M....

"Good" items will become more common post patch due to (1) the increase in drop rates, (2) the monster level system which gives more MF, and (3) how attributes will be determined by monster level rather than item level.

There is some degree of gold inflation since there aren't very many gold sinks and people are farming gold more and more efficiently. However, this is more than offset by the declining player base and the associated decline in gold prices week to week. Gold farmers are praying for PvP since that should bring back some players.

Nobody knows what is going to happen to the D3 economy during the next two weeks but I bet that converting gear to gold is the best way to go. Several of my hardcore farming and AH flipper friends have been doing the same over the last week and a half . . .
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 11:24 PMPosted by Razor

that can't happen since inferno only drops 58+

Yeah, level 58 is the new cut-off for Act 3 inferno drops. I had level 57 in mind because I got a level 57 junk legendary glove right before I posted. I wish it rolled under the PTR instead, ha!
Reply Quote
lousy will still means lousy, 0.00001% x 2 =.="

godly items will still be very much sought after and prices will still remain top notched. Just because ford doubled it's production of cars doesnt mean buying a Ferrari will drop in price
Reply Quote
Good prices are so high it's stupid. About time they raised the drop rate
Reply Quote
lousy will still means lousy, 0.00001% x 2 =.="

godly items will still be very much sought after and prices will still remain top notched. Just because ford doubled it's production of cars doesnt mean buying a Ferrari will drop in price

During the last week the prices of the high-level legendaries has declined slightly but gold has plumetted in value by 70% or so. If you converted your gear to real $ last week you could rebuy that same gear for much less since gold is selling for super cheap.

AH flippers are making their bets now. The question is, who (other than Blizzard which takes a cut of all trades) will profit from gyrations in the D3 economy. Feel free to keep you current gear and continuing with farming but if you want to regear for cheap maintaining the status quo is not the way to go.
Reply Quote
Not going to matter much if it continues to be a lot of INT and STR on One Handed Crossbows.
Reply Quote
BURN.
Reply Quote
all the prices are going to be halfed. selling right now
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Achilles
If you haven't already, you should consider converting your current gear to cash via the RMAH since real $ is the best hedge against gold devaluation. For instance, the value of gold has dropped by 70% IN THE LAST WEEK ALONE from $2 per million to 57 cents per million.

Ok, that is definitely NOT true, gold was NOT at $2 / M last week. I personally don't think gold can devalue anymore, it hasn't moved last few days, still around $0.55-$0.6 range. Only problem if you covert all your case to real $$$, is if the gold value goes back up (for whatever reason, maybe when PvP comes out and people want to buy gold), then you'll get screwed.

The gold price can & should drop more. If you want to know why, blame it on all the players posting items at crazy prices. Then again, with players increasing the prices in a desperate attempt to make more gold/money. Those who know what they're doing should be thanking them. LOL
Reply Quote
No one should be using the gold AH it directly supports the botters who are out of control now in relation to the player base. Either buy and sell using the RMAH or nothing at all.
Edited by Tenshard#1564 on 9/28/2012 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
good...
spread this rumor more haha
i just got my vileward yesterday for 15mil

hope i could get that Zunimasha Vessel for cheap soon too
:D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]