Diablo® III

Sell Equipment Before Patch 1.0.5 Hits!

Sigh...you guys are hilarious.

Let me break it down to you guys with no economical sense whatsoever.

Double legendary drops (which actually equates to about triple in higher monster powers due to MF increase)

So now all the mid tier - high end legendaries will be cheaper in gold price. That means gold will gain it's value back so that you can try to afford the top items. The problem with this is since more gold is in the economy due to saving money on mid - high tier items the very TOP tier actually GAINS value.

So what actually happens is:

Less gold demand for mid-high tier legendary
More gold avaliable for top tier items
Top tier legendary rises in value because they are selling faster
Inflation on top tier legendary begins and they rise by 200-300%
You're back to square 1, however mid to high tier items didn't break you bank

It's win win for everyone. So save your gold for top quality legendary, it just got a lot more valuable.

Example:

My AR+Resist Lacuni's no main stat, 3% CC (mid tier)
My upgrade: AR+INT+5% CC (high tier)
Final upgrade: AR, INT+VIT+ 6% CC (top tier)

1.04 values:
80-100m mid tier (mine)
200-300m high tier
600-800m Top tier

1.05 after double legendary drops:
30-50m mid tier (mine)
80-160m high tier
1.5 - 2billion top tier

It's pretty much a BIS buff. However this effect will not happen for awhile. When patch arrives pretty much anything that was high tier will shoot up immediately due to the surging demand of gold for them, they'll actually shoot up in price before they fall.

Hardly any of your gear qualifies as mid-tier. Mainly garbage.

Edit*
Edited by Asmodeus#1574 on 10/6/2012 1:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Im not sure that I should sell my gear as you suggested.I take less than month farming to buy my current gear.And 1.0.5 still on PTR nobody know when it release.

But i'll take your advice.Stop buying crazy gear for a little bit upgrade.Save all incoming money for that time.
Reply Quote
the day RMAH came out-> cash out
regear after ias nerf-> 5M
Play->around 30M in gear and RMAH any piece with 9.99+ value
Sell all gear with still value and will lose value at 1.0.5-> only 55M :( many pieces with great increase in value but the rest worthless

Next Regear missing pieces with 55M after 1.0.5 prices lower-> hope for upgrade overall

I like DIII but i hate that sell gear and wait the patch is the best idea

I feel your pain. I got burned by the attack speed nerf early on. Since then, I've prepared for each patch very carefully. This usually means selling before patches hit, then rebuying my old gear at a fraction of the cost. Looks like this is the way to go with patch 1.0.5 too.
Reply Quote
Im not sure that I should sell my gear as you suggested.I take less than month farming to buy my current gear.And 1.0.5 still on PTR nobody know when it release.

But i'll take your advice.Stop buying crazy gear for a little bit upgrade.Save all incoming money for that time.

You patience will likely pay off in the long run.
Reply Quote
Sigh...you guys are hilarious.

Let me break it down to you guys with no economical sense whatsoever.

Double legendary drops (which actually equates to about triple in higher monster powers due to MF increase)

So now all the mid tier - high end legendaries will be cheaper in gold price. That means gold will gain it's value back so that you can try to afford the top items. The problem with this is since more gold is in the economy due to saving money on mid - high tier items the very TOP tier actually GAINS value.

So what actually happens is:

Less gold demand for mid-high tier legendary
More gold avaliable for top tier items
Top tier legendary rises in value because they are selling faster
Inflation on top tier legendary begins and they rise by 200-300%
You're back to square 1, however mid to high tier items didn't break you bank

It's win win for everyone. So save your gold for top quality legendary, it just got a lot more valuable.

Example:

My AR+Resist Lacuni's no main stat, 3% CC (mid tier)
My upgrade: AR+INT+5% CC (high tier)
Final upgrade: AR, INT+VIT+ 6% CC (top tier)

1.04 values:
80-100m mid tier (mine)
200-300m high tier
600-800m Top tier

1.05 after double legendary drops:
30-50m mid tier (mine)
80-160m high tier
1.5 - 2billion top tier

It's pretty much a BIS buff. However this effect will not happen for awhile. When patch arrives pretty much anything that was high tier will shoot up immediately due to the surging demand of gold for them, they'll actually shoot up in price before they fall.

Hardly any of your gear qualifies as mid-tier. Mainly garbage.

Edit*

sup glass cannon with dual mommy and daddy credit card

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Asmodeus-1574/
Reply Quote
if there are no new items in patch 1.0.5 which can surpass the current patch 1.0.4 decent/godly items... i don't see why item prices from patch 1.0.4 should drop to the ground... if you compare patch 1.0.3 to 1.0.4, yes.. there will be significant drop in prices for items from patch 1.0.3 because of new better/higher rolls from items of patch 1.0.4

If patch 1.0.5 (like patch 1.0.4) were to introduce new and better items... then OP has got a valid point...

Are they introducing new/enhanced items to patch 1.0.5?
Reply Quote
View profile
The possible deflation of value of my items is much more bearable than being naked. I love my build and wish to farm with it the moment 1.0.5 hits. Anyway, good rolls on sets/legends are still gonna be very expensive.

Unless this new patch comes with lvl64 items, I'm going stay put.
Reply Quote
if there are no new items in patch 1.0.5 which can surpass the current patch 1.0.4 decent/godly items... i don't see why item prices from patch 1.0.4 should drop to the ground... if you compare patch 1.0.3 to 1.0.4, yes.. there will be significant drop in prices for items from patch 1.0.3 because of new better/higher rolls from items of patch 1.0.4

If patch 1.0.5 (like patch 1.0.4) were to introduce new and better items... then OP has got a valid point...

Are they introducing new/enhanced items to patch 1.0.5?

Inferno is being nerfed in the next patch (i.e., monsters do less damage at monster power zero but drop the same loot as current infero), MF is being buffed, drops rates are being increased (i.e., the legendary drop rate is being doubled), and items affixes will roll according to monster level rather than item level. These changes will increase the supply of high quality items. This increase in supply will cause gear prices to drop even as its gets cheaper to buy gold on the RMAH.

This process will take some time, but if the last several patches is any indication, prices should drop within a week or two post-patch.
Reply Quote
Inferno is being nerfed in the next patch (i.e., monsters do less damage at monster power zero but drop the same loot as current infero), MF is being buffed, drops rates are being increased (i.e., the legendary drop rate is being doubled), and items affixes will roll according to monster level rather than item level. These changes will increase the supply of high quality items. This increase in supply will cause gear prices to drop even as its gets cheaper to buy gold on the RMAH.

This process will take some time, but if the last several patches is any indication, prices should drop within a week or two post-patch.

if the prices of items are to drop to a fraction of 1/10 like what you've or someone in this thread speculated for patch 1.0.5, i'd be happy as i can get more DPS for my DH but lets face the truth.. doubling the drop rate does not mean doubling your chance of getting perfect rolls... now you can get 10 ilevel 63 crap... patch 1.0.5, you'll get 2 times more crap... and as for legendary/set items... you'd might be able to see a very small drop in prices... not a fraction of 1/10...

i've seen a thread in this forum where the OP gets frustrated farming MP10 and getting nothing but crap (https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794480558)
but 2 runs is a very small sample size tho...

I'm gonna wait till patch 1.0.5 to see whats install for us player base...

good luck to players selling out their gears now and as for myself... i'm just gonna keep what i have and play for funz...

peace
Reply Quote
I detect, Slingshot effect at motion.
Reply Quote
I'd say the real threat is jewelry.. with it rolling level 63 affix's now. its going to _drop_ in value
Reply Quote
Gold on the RMAH is selling below 70 cents again. Nice.
Reply Quote
Everything seems to be playing out more or less according to plan.

Equipment prices have been on a steady decline. Gem prices are trading at 55-65% of crafting cost and gold is at an all time low of 50 cents a million!

Even if you don't sell you gear now, if you have money, wait till post-patch to spend!
Edited by SlingFox#1477 on 10/11/2012 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]