Diablo® III

Rate the Monk Above You Part 3

^Well since you guys traded gear checks, I guess I will start a fresh one.

You should plan your upgrades with a damage calculator though! My favorite is the asiangamer, it is by far the best in my opinion:

http://theasiangamer.com/d3-damage-calculator/

You should also be looking at max value for every item slot and possibly and effective health calculator, which can be pertinent in 1.0.5 because @ MPlvl 10 you can get 1 shot even with 40k hp and 700+ AR.
@Modz

I'm amazed. Really speechless at the amount of DPS you can maintain while not compromising on armor and resistances. I'm assuming that you're saving up for a Natalya's Reflection as your next upgrade, which will up your crit by abit.

200k unbuffed isn't too far!
I would really work on those pieces you have that have a low DEX score, it'll really help set your DPS higher. I would start with your helmet since it has low DEX and its crit chance stat isnt capped (you could get a 5.5% CC helm with more dex). I really like your swords though!
@modz

those are the sexiest nats boot i have seen...excellent job on build would swat ring for nats but really nice.
lol im just lookin 4 advice cuz im not very good cant seem 2 get much dps without saving and i cant do that well but sorry bout me not rating anyone im in no postion to
@baggins

if you want hiogher dps and like the 2-hand weapon get a skorn. your really missing out on a lot of crit on your weapon. thats the first thing i would do if it was just about dps. thats a simple way to get a lot more
i was completely skipped, TY baggins...
@fuzzy

sorry for the skip ill get you too, i would look for some movement speed and some better weapons, both open sockets, try to get a helm with your res your stacking and some more all res for sustain. i can see your a starting out monk so gear gets pricey quick but a couple decent of weapons and a rare helm should be too bad, wait for jewelry post patch and nice gloves for a begining monk. but looks good just gotta work one piece at a time
@rubsesh
330k dps monk ..... one word ... nice
any suggestions for me? i cant really say anything for you ^rubsesh haha. looks like you got the idea.
Thanks for the reply rub. Actually i've been playing sporadically since release, i bought the game on day-1 but i thought it was !@#$ty at the time. I came back after 1.04 and just now started getting serious about this monk :)

About the weapons : It's pretty hard to find good fist weapons with Dex, Natural Crit, LPSS and Socket!! I'm always looking to upgrade them but they're just so rare...

As for YOUR monk, well, you haz 330k DPS. Need i say moar? lol

@IMSTYLEZ : Drop the shield for a second weapon, get more critical hit chance and critical hit damage. Try to keep your dext as high as it is right now. You have more than enough HP, if you can find items that offer you a tradeoff between less vit but more DPS you should definitely do it.
Edited by FuzzyWuzzy#1793 on 10/7/2012 6:26 AM PDT
@Thoth
You need upgrades in just about every piece. Farm more!

Dual wielding is much better than shield, shield really doesn't do much to save you.
thats buffed dps, last night i got booted from party mid play lol so i just logged and i was buffed out.

fuzzy i just gave away a 1k dps fist with dex and vit 0s last night in trade channe.l i try to help new monks out with gear when i can. but you can find upgrades on weapons for 500k-1m no problem.
Edited by rubsesh#1616 on 10/7/2012 6:25 AM PDT
@imstyles

you got the right idea with everything..... your to the point of massive gold upgrades well done.... i would recommend a echoing fury with life steal. best weapon in game IMO
Edited by rubsesh#1616 on 10/7/2012 6:28 AM PDT
thats buffed dps, last night i got booted from party mid play lol so i just logged and i was buffed out.

fuzzy i just gave away a 1k dps fist with dex and vit 0s last night in trade channe.l i try to help new monks out with gear when i can. but you can find upgrades on weapons for 500k-1m no problem.

My problem is that i'm a pure LPSS monk, LPSS is how i sustain myself in fights so i cant buy a weapon upgrade that doesnt have a decent LPSS stat on it so that means i cant buy anything else than fists and trust me i'm looking everyday for a fists with the stats i need (DEX, VIT, LPSS, CritDmg, Socket) but they dont come around too often and when they do the price tag is through the roof!
@rubsesh
thanks , i can't afford a good one that would raise my dps right now though =(
crit damage with LS is crazy give up the crit and get Ls alone higher damage though look for a 1k dps with good dex and LS 0s crit is great if you can find or afford... i dont even have one lol that is how pricey they are im looking too. a huge upgrade would be a echoing fury with life steal open socket but very pricey.
I think everyone above me has been rated. Someone mind rating mine?
@imstyles

i know how it goes when everyupgrade is min 250 mil..... its not fun lol but yeah you are onthe right track
@Aman

Nice monk! You need to find a way to build up more armor and crit damage though. Look for items with armor bonuses and STR. Look for rings and an ammy with crit damage.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]