Diablo® III

Rate the Monk Above You Part 3

Hey somebody rate mine.
Actually those bells are pretty decent now that they made some tweaking BUT, kiting is not really your forte. I would suggest to swap whatever you are using on the secondary with blind. Have you heard of monk combo's? They are the best when combined with your style if you ask me :)
10/07/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Sharenis
pay exorbitant amounts of gold for such items.

I feel i am in that position, i have nearly 50 mill so if someone could advise me it would be appreciated. Must point out i do not want to lower my resists.
10/07/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Stuffy
Actually those bells are pretty decent now that they made some tweaking BUT, kiting is not really your forte. I would suggest to swap whatever you are using on the secondary with blind. Have you heard of monk combo's? They are the best when combined with your style if you ask me :)

By monk combos do you mean popping damage cds all at once and killing all the mobs before they run out? Otherwise I am not familiar with the term, I apologise.

My playstyle is basically to keep breath buff and mantra up, hit mantra and sweeping wind, then engage the mobs. This way I do consistent damage while simply steamrolling over everything. As I mentioned in previous posts, dps is not an issue for me. I also dislike the burst damage style. Thank you for your input though. I will consider swapping out exploding palm (secondary) for blind, it might yield an overall dps increase.
@ ChipStaque

To be frank I dont particularly like your build, it seems focused on splitting apart and slowing groups of ennemies, and then eventually picking them off with SSS. I did the same at lower gear levels to clear through inferno, but as you progress to farming more effeciently you will want to group enemies and aoe them down not seperate them. Im not sure why you are stacking attack speed, the benefit of a 2h weapon is getting a slow weapon with a high damage range and using weapon damage based skills (WoL/SSS). The only real use for a attack speed 2h build is becoming a ghetto DW cyclone monk by grabbing a Flying Dragon and stacking crit chance everywhere. In terms of raw stats on gear I would replace both your rings first, then bracers and then on to amulet probably (you dont want lifesteal). But you need to decide now if you want to stick with attack speed and swap to Flying Dragon + Sweeping Wind, or if you want to start picking up crit damage and crit chance everywhere.
anyone wanna rate my monk?
Rate me por favor
You will see a massive increase in DPS when you pop out blind. But if you have time please do research on monk's combo they rock. You are always welcome. You have one of those super fun build would love to see those in action. Add me up :) lets do a run sometime.
@ oldman
Nice build and gear! I would advise replacing your weapon with some of your 50mil. Your gear is fine, and jewellery is great. Sure you can inc the crit chnce on bracers or get a bit more dual resist on all armour, but there's enough there and those small changes will cost a lot for not much benefit. The vit rolls on your armour pieces are also huge, so replaceing them is a shame. The weapon can easily be replaced with higher LoH, higher dps and socket/higher crit for less than 30mil. My weapons all cost under 30mil each, and I reckon they're pretty efficient. Maybe having shoulders or belt with dual vit and % life will also benefit. Since you have at least 1k vit, dual vit and %life gear will increase your hp by 10k easy. For example, 50vit and 10% life on shoulders/belt is same as 150vit, thus a rough 50 vit increase.

You can consider dropping the shield, it's a blow to the armour but the extra weapon and attack speed means you can get more dps and LoH, the latter being the big difference. You attack 15% faster and have an extra item that can roll big Loh figures. The dex on the other weapon will provide some armour via STI, but there is a nerf coming. The shield is a personal preference though, so just a suggestion.
10/07/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Stuffy
You will see a massive increase in DPS when you pop out blind. But if you have time please do research on monk's combo they rock. You are always welcome. You have one of those super fun build would love to see those in action. Add me up :) lets do a run sometime.

I have added you, I still have a number of questions for you as well :P
10/07/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Stuffy
@JohnnyBravo. If you can maintain that resist and that vitality and Pump in more Dex that would be awesome. You need speed IAS to be able to punch those crits faster.

ok telling me i need more dex to get better is like telling me i need to breathe to continue living. someone tell me something that isn't so obvious. I have 20 mil for upgrades right now. can someone tell me what pieces of gear i should change and what stats I should be looking for on the new gear? I'm assuming i need to change out a lot of things for legendaries and set pieces if i can afford it. since i most likely can't afford inna's and nat's sets yet i need advice on what to do til i get the gold for them.
Edited by JohnnyBravo#1936 on 10/7/2012 7:05 PM PDT
@ JohnnyBravo

You have decent resists and health, so Ill add on to what Stuffy said. In terms of adding dex you could lose the MF/GF ring and grab dex there while maintaining the nice crit %/dmg. Your boots could also have a lot higher dex but Im hesistant to recommend you replace them because of the lovely resists and move speed on them. So the first item to swap out is going to have to be the chest, you will have to lose some vitality but with your current resist levels and the armor gained through the dex you should be fine dropping 3k health. Try to find one with double the dex of your current one and three slots, that will pump your dex substantially.
Good luck :)
@ Zergi

Damn! Quite the set up you got going on! I like that you have a different skill set up than most other Monks do, props for that. You also have a very nice Skorn with a ridiculous amount of Dex, which is impressive. Overall, I say 10/10 for you my friend! :) I can't really be giving out tips since I haven't gotten as far as Inferno. Anyway, great Monk!
10/07/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Sharenis
I have added you, I still have a number of questions for you as well :P

ATM i am at work, I'll confirm as soon as I log in which is 9Hrs from now. I'm on UTC/GMT +8 hours. I will catch you whenever :).

ok telling me i need more dex to get better is like telling me i need to breathe to continue living. someone tell me something that isn't so obvious. I have 20 mil for upgrades right now. can someone tell me what pieces of gear i should change and what stats I should be looking for on the new gear? I'm assuming i need to change out a lot of things for legendaries and set pieces if i can afford it. since i most likely can't afford inna's and nat's sets yet i need advice on what to do til i get the gold for them.

@JohnnyBravo. You have a decent amount of AR already. Find a similar pair of pants with 2 sockets and your Armor as well with sockets(3)with a decent dex(100+). Find a glove similar to what you have except it has IAS(9%) + CHC(9% will do)Sub those rings with IAS + CHC(this is quite costly but for future reference). Try to set your skills properly. You have over 800 already in resist. Drop MOH: TON and go with MOC: OVERAWE.
10/07/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Stuffy
@JohnnyBravo. You have a decent amount of AR already. Find a similar pair of pants with 2 sockets and your Armor as well with sockets(3)with a decent dex(100+). Find a glove similar to what you have except it has IAS(9%) + CHC(9% will do)Sub those rings with IAS + CHC(this is quite costly but for future reference). Try to set your skills properly. You have over 800 already in resist. Drop MOH: TON and go with MOC: OVERAWE.

see i actually die quite often though which is why i still use MOH. molten groups just demolish me, i can't take very many arcane hits, i last maybe 1-2 seconds in a desecrator pit, etc. i guess i don't see how dex will help that. CHC won't help that much either will it? attack speed should help with LOH, but will say a 4% (20% * .2) really help all that much for that?
@ stuffy - can't say much you logged with buffs on

Other then that gear is solid. Going to need some sustain if you plan to do MP10 for guaranteed drops.

Otherwise i'm sure the rest is a faceroll.

GL
@BossRigs. I just downloaded PTR. Probably try it tonight when I get home. I apologize that is with Blind on sorry.

@JohnnyBravo. You cant gain life if you are dead. You need to punch faster to stay alive and put on those crits, which in your current state you can only move well but not punch well. IAS helps you accomplish things (mopping elites on the floor) together with serenity + echoing fury + crit dmg, imagine what can you do in 7 secs if you punch faster than the punch you are doing now.
I'm not sure who I'm supposed to rate because everyone seems to have been done, so...

@stuffy - well you seem to have decent resistances and I bet you can kill most things before serenity ends with the damage from blind, so you're pretty well off. top end monk.

edit: well I guess Boss hasn't been done

pretty much the same as Stuffy, standard LOLDPS monk, but I really like that weapon, not something you usually see
Edited by Jurian#1268 on 10/7/2012 8:27 PM PDT
@ BlackLotus, tyvm, all valid points and looking for a weapon upgrade shortly.

@ Jurian, telling you the obvious but another couple of hundred dex would be good. Obvious places are you weapons but i know that is going to cost. Madstone like i have with fists of thunder % really helps as well.
@oldman54

Your dps is kinda low i would switch out you shield for a fast off hand that has dex, hight crit damage, and an open soket. You can look for some life steal on it. Swich your main hand for a mace that has 1000+dps, open socket, dex vit.

look for an offhand ring that has better stats and average damage. (really helps bump dps.) Switch out you gloves with a pair that has crit chance and damage. Look for a pair of bracers and helm that has more crit chance. Make sure that your helm has a soket when buying a new one.

Overall I would give this monk a 5/10 since you made some crucial errors. Keep in mind that when monks have more then 60k spa life steal is better the LOH.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]