Diablo® III

Rate the Monk Above You Part 3

@silver

Belt would work as well, you'll probably just have to sacrifice the 11% MF, but 11% will be nothing when the new patch comes out and you can bump up the difficulty. It is better to be able to survive and kill faster in higher difficulties than to worry about a few percent MF and have to end up killing slower in higher difficulties.
@CaptainCarl

Nice monk few things I see that you could use would be, swapping your blackthorns pants
for a pair of INNAS for 2 piece set bonus. And also get rid of your mempo try and get ahold of a andariels, or innas but I would only go for 2 set bonus on innas.

And nice MH wish i Had that /drool
Very nice crit... Res seems low. How is your survival? I would consider a Won Khim Lau. I bet it would be great for your current build. @ Gooftroop

Rate my low level monk! lvl 60 will come soon...
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 10/8/2012 10:06 AM PDT
@Gooftroop I'd say you can get a better offhand fairly easy and get damage stat on your ring that doesnt have it.
@OldSchool

Hard to really rate what a lv 40 monk can do. The legendaries are pretty nice. Once you get to lv 52 start looking for new weapons. You can get pretty awesome weapons and do 20k damage when your lv 52.
Very nice crit... Res seems low. How is your survival? I would consider a Won Khim Lau. I bet it would be great for your current build. @ Gooftroop

Rate my low level monk! lvl 60 will come soon...

My res is like 550ish unbuffed, solo play with 420% crit damage everything dies way to fast to hit me, and with 5%+ LS I have the healing when needed.

But I usually play with a barb friend so sit around 700-800 resist, so as far as being able to stay alive I got that covered.

I would upgrade my OH but im waiting for 1.0.5, hopefully get a good drop I have not purchased any gear from the AH in forever I only sell stuff(I hate the AH with passion), everything you see on me was found by me or a friend except my chest and OH.
Edited by Gooftroop#1564 on 10/8/2012 10:20 AM PDT
Any weak links in my gear or suggestions to get my dps up?
10/08/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Jusmat

@Jusmat Immediate thoughts. Make those LoH gems +400s. Get new rings. Same things, no sockets, make sure they have at least ONE of these features but preferably 2, and also make sure they have AVG DMG rolls. The features I just mentioned are : LoH, Crit, Crit Dmg, AtkSpd

Changes those rings to avg dmg roll same dex and resist and 1-2 of those extra affixes I just mentioned and you will see a huge diff. And dont forget to bump those 300LoH gems up to 400 for the moment
10/08/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Jusmat

Your natural All Res seems to be low as does your Dex count. That is of course in my humble opinion.
@DrWho

6/10 but still very nice monk. I see you prefer life regen over LOH/LS.

Instead of making gear suggestions (as I'm not really sure of how to price regen gear) I'll make a general suggestion: I think you'd do a lot better replacing AR with VIT on a lot of gear pieces. It would be a drastic increase to your EHP. Plus, Arcane Res + Vit is usually cheaper than Arcane Res + AR with main stat so you should be able to upgrade other stats on those pieces for the same price. Just my opinion!
@MartialSage

Pretty nice gear. i would rate it as 8/10.
Only have to look for a 100dex Witching hour instead of int :X
@Martialsage Lovin your dps, but what's with the chest piece?
@MartialSage

Thanks. Although I think the 500mil it would cost to get a high dex, vit, Arcane Res Witching hour with 9% IAS all for like 75 dex would be much better spent on upgrading my main hand to a 1100 dps Echoing Fury with CD+OS. That's my next upgrade I think!
@MartialSage

Thanks. Although I think the 500mil it would cost to get a high dex, vit, Arcane Res Witching hour with 9% IAS all for like 75 dex would be much better spent on upgrading my main hand to a 1100 dps Echoing Fury with CD+OS. That's my next upgrade I think!

I concur! Try to get your odd int pieces with dex when you can though! Meanwhile I suppose the int just helps keep you up on AR haha.
10/08/2012 11:26 AMPosted by TucciMane
@Martialsage Lovin your dps, but what's with the chest piece?

Got a better suggestion? D3Up seems to be down at the moment so I can't give you the exact numbers, but that 9% IAS I get is worth like 150 dex for me. Plus, I get all the other benefits of attacking faster (More LOH, more tornado spawns).

Any other "godly" chest piece I've looked at only raises my DPS by a tiny bit and I'd rather have the attack speed. And this thing was only 15mil. If you've got a suggestion on what I should consider replacing it with, I'd be happy to check it out! I may have missed something.
someone do me! (sounds wrong)
@sweethology

Wow paragon 90 not too much to say.

All of your sustain comes off the 3% lifesteal. You will probably want to upgrade to an EF with lifesteal and give up the 50% crit damage (It will cost an arm and a leg, mine did for sure)

When 1.05 drops theat 5.5-6% LS will make a huge difference + you can upgrade your jewelry when the new stuff hits post patch.

NOt really much to say, great monk
9/10
@martialages

All of the most godly dps monks surely have a 175+dex innas chest with 3 radiant star emeralds. At least from what I see at diabloprogress.com. Not to mention itll take care of that EHP problem the other guy mentioned due to the nice vit roll and big life% roll it comes with. That way you can leave some of your AR on have higher dps and EHP and sitll do awesome.

Also I'm not sure if people know this, but with that high of dps I'd go crippling wave with last rune over FoT. The 2nd and thrid hits are true AOE (actual circle around you) and if you crit more than one mob it will spawn a tornado for each one you've crit. Also the last rune choice gives you 10% increase to ALL dmg while attacking whatever it is your are hitting around you so thats gonna not only boost your dps more (under the radar) but also make thsoe tornadoes do more dmg. Id say a new chest and ttrying out crip wave with last rune may make you pretty happy.
Edited by TucciMane#1820 on 10/8/2012 11:45 AM PDT
@CaRoTid

Badass weapons, i believe you when you say that EF cost a fortune. Great MF for farming, I think nats boots/ring would be your next step (if you don't have them already).
Oo oo do me now do me! lmao
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]