Diablo® III

Rate the Monk Above You Part 3

@yzee

Nice Monk. Very interesting gear set-up. It surprised me that you were able to get to such a high DPS with those weapons and not much focus on CD.

Obviously you know, the next step for you is a Nat's reflection to replace that Bul Kathos wedding band. If you replace the weapons, you're doing more than enough DPS now that I think Life steal might be worth it instead of LOH. Although I prefer to stack both.

Great monk!
@Martialsage

7/10 you have some really amazing gear but can boost your dps buy a lot by changing only a couple of things.

You could switch out your main hand for one with more dps by getting a mace or get a main hand with similar dps but more crit hit damage. I don't think that you need the life steal on it. Try to switch the vit gem for a dex gem in your pants.

A big change would be your plate body cause you can get another 150 dex or more on it. Maybe try going for an inna's belt and body.

You can get the mf tat you lose on the belt on your enchantress since I see it doesn't have mf ring's on. Your enchantress doesn't need survive-ability you get the mf buff even if it dies.
@srank wow nice mf but low dps low life might be able to act 1 inferno maybe not even that.

sorry if this seems harsh but u didn't ask for constructive feed back, because i would honestly say pawn it all and start from scratch.

You haven't geared for one resistance

and skills and passives set up i cant work out at all

actually on second thought that looks like a set up for hell act 4?

1/10
Edited by Taross#1144 on 9/30/2012 10:21 PM PDT
@taross lol, np, i was farming it up for leoric's signet in act 2 normal...still no luck -_-
@stefan540

nice overall gear you got, esp the chest armour. you almost got the max CC you can get.. nice!

probably can get better with your weapons?
View profile
^ New to the monk but i'd say you look pretty good, maybe a helm/spirit stone with a socket? 7/10
@vince, if you're gonna use one with everything, match up all your single resists. It looks like it's still work in progress.

It also looks like you borrowed items from your WD because a few of your items have more intel than dex.
@Vince

definitely switch to dual wield or 2h if you want more dps.

stacking cc in you rings, ammy, gloves, bracers, and helm is a good dps booster and would benefit your sweeping wind with cyclone rune.

be sure to decide which resist you are going to be stacking. stacking your preferred resist would cost you way less than getting it with all res using OWE.

really good vit and high hp. you could definitely sacrifice some for more dps.

p.s. more dps = less def needed

GL and just keep playing. you'll be an awesome monk! :)

@m3lloyello

would also suggest dual wield or 2h for faster and better dps

stack crit chance and when your 20%, i think t would be better to switch to cyclone rune for more dps output.

you definitely have high resist

upgrade your chest with socket for better dex. dex means def, dodge, and dps

change your helm for a crit chance one.
Edited by dogyumy#1765 on 9/30/2012 11:20 PM PDT
@burning, wow you have some really nice stuff. Your vit is a little low I think, but I wish I had some of your gear. 9/10
@dogyumy, Thanks for the advice. I just switched my rune, and I'm gonna work on more dex next. I have a really defensive build cus I hate dying. My chest piece I just happened to find in my stash hehe. It's hard to find a good chest piece on a budget!

My helm I just slapped on there cus I saw it for only 500k on AH. I like the extra 8% block. Probably will upgrade it to a better one once I save up, and upgrade the chest for sure. I have better weapons in my stash (shen long, wan king lau or whatever), but I can't survive A3 with them.

Your monk is amazing. 10/10. I can see why your barb is naked now, you probably sold all that gear to beef up your monk.
Edited by m3lloyello#1306 on 9/30/2012 11:41 PM PDT
@fei

not a big fan of ur main hand, glove is weak, everything else looks fine

I am set for monster power 7 on PTR. For me its the most speed and efficiency. That's why I have life on hit and high spirit regen.
Edited by Fei#1259 on 9/30/2012 11:45 PM PDT
View profile
@fei

not a big fan of ur main hand, glove is weak, everything else looks fine

I am set for monster power 7 on PTR. For me its the most speed and efficiency. That's why I have life on hit and high spirit regen.

great gear is your current dps buffed? You have high dps w/out having any crit dmg on your mainhand. Again great gear, 9/10
@burning: nice sets :) you're almost done. Get +average damage and higher dex on your ammy, get a 6% cc bracers, maybe think about a new helm later too...madstone with CC & sweeping wind or FoT maybe ;P

for me...
I dont know what to do with my monk yet? maybe attack speed gloves? better rings? a Won Khim Lau?
@Xan

You probably need some lifesteal and more attack speed from your weapons and gloves for better survivability.. Socketed swords with critical damage and lifesteal are quite cheap now..
@ SwiftBlade - swiftFists

get a new amulet with cc and icc, also get more cc on at least one of your rings and bracers, also get at least one item with 7 m pick up radious as it will speed up your runs and the amount of gold u pick up.

edit: I m playing on Europe
Edited by dominiQ#2442 on 10/1/2012 2:28 AM PDT
@dominiQ

I'm quite surprised you got 100k dps on that.
Im guessing that is not the base damage... around 84k dps?

either way, I'm not sure how you survive without LoH or life steal.
Is it just melt the enemies before they melt you?
Edited by Nicothology#1350 on 10/1/2012 3:18 AM PDT
@dominiQ

I'm quite surprised you got 100k dps on that.
Im guessing that is not the base damage... around 84k dps?

either way, I'm not sure how you survive without LoH or life steal.
Is it just melt the enemies before they melt you?

i like yo shield
Im Jelly of your char :) not even ganna nitpick it
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]