Diablo® III

Rate the Monk Above You Part 3

@Riem

I meant for Act 3+.. That LoH you have right now won't cut it by a long shot.
@Riem -- I don't play HC, but wouldn't NDE make a lot of sense for you? or even MoE/Divine Protection (or any other skill with a rune that protects you as your health drops)?

@Xenophis -- looks like you are built as a tank monk... do you play primarily in groups or are you doing solo? i dunno what to suggest though... looks like you have a great tank monk though... that's a lot of HP!

And anyone looking at mine... which piece of equipment would you suggest that I look to improve first (besides upgrading my gems)? I have a very limited budget - only about 7M ATM, and only able to play 1-2 hours a night max, so it'll be a while before I can be in a position to make a big splash in the GAH.
to be a tanky monk.. always range ur res all at 760-900 res all un-buff with passive one with everything.. , 35k hp above.. is better to survive at act3. if wanna know more.. check my profile hope it will help =)
Rate pls tnx :)
@powaaarf

Not bad for pre-inferno monk. Start working on consolidating your resistances to one type or all resist in anticipation for inferno.
View profile
@PuddingHead nice tank Monk haven't seen many hit 100k dps using a shield.
@burningjc007

For 900 elite kills thats a heck of a monk. I would get an ammy upgrade after 1.05 drops with the ilvl63 jewelry and also finish out that inna's set with the chest
View profile
@burningjc007

For 900 elite kills thats a heck of a monk. I would get an ammy upgrade after 1.05 drops with the ilvl63 jewelry and also finish out that inna's set with the chest

Haha thanks, my monk is sharing a bunch of my DH's gear that's why it's that well geared.

Skip me been rated
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 10/1/2012 2:51 PM PDT
@carotid

Nice monk. I'd work on upgrading all ur gems asap. Those alone will provide a lot more dmg

For whoever rates me this is my DPS setup. I also have a swap into more life more resist at slight cost of some DPS.
Anyways rate away thanks
@ douchking
What can I say. You are top 50 in the world on DPS and top 15 in the US. Your monk is looking great. You do have low rez, but I understand why you do it that way. Have you tried the PTR in MP10? I am sure you are crushing quite a bit, but die every so often...unfortunately I cannot speak of ways of improving your monk though. Sorry. I think that inherently monks are at a disadvantage due to the whole Dex=Dodge thing. You have a great monk there. Probably top 100 in the USA...Congrats!

I was hoping someone could help me. I think I obviously need new rings immediately and am at the point where I need to start breaking the bank for new gear (all of my equipment was bought for less than 500k on AH or found). What do you think? Any cheap ways of helping me out or do I need to break the bank? Thank you in advance.
rate me again!!!!!!!
ur gears are sexy enough
@Isoo

hmm i been looking for a amulet like yours :X put that aside

i think you can try getting more crit dmg to increase your dps
Jealous of that Nat's ring and boot combo. Guess I need to farm more gold.
10/01/2012 06:49 AMPosted by coco
could ug ur bracers

Done :) Thanks to you I found a affordable piece for 4M. Bumped up my DPS to 70k unbuffed
@Hades

Get a chest piece with similar or better stats but with three sockets. 3 emeralds will raise your dps even more as well as getting 2 solid one handed weapons over 1 and a shield.

my profile finally updated guys so can i get a rate?!?
@stryker

I would suggest balancing your resistances at this point. Some of your gear isn't synchronised in terms of res. 12% additional fire damage taken would be pretty bad for a melee class like monk. I'm aware that it does give a good dps boost, but with low res and additional fire damage (most common affix), I'm pretty sure you struggle quite a bit in A3. Nevertheless you have a good offhand to compensate for this so I may be incorrect. I would suggest upgrading the rings first. Good luck!
Hi i would like to know what improvement i can do to my monk?It seems crappy to me and i would like to increase my DPS but not sure where to start.What's the reasonable cap for resist in act 3 for me to farm comfortably?How much can i give up on my resist for my Damage?Thanks for your help!!
@stryker

I would suggest balancing your resistances at this point. Some of your gear isn't synchronised in terms of res. 12% additional fire damage taken would be pretty bad for a melee class like monk. I'm aware that it does give a good dps boost, but with low res and additional fire damage (most common affix), I'm pretty sure you struggle quite a bit in A3. Nevertheless you have a good offhand to compensate for this so I may be incorrect. I would suggest upgrading the rings first. Good luck!

Thank you man, and i agree with everyything you are saying. a couple days ago i switched to stack lighning resistance and still need a couple pieces as you mentioned rings and ammy. In act 3 i run with my brother an we !@#$ %^-* up. by myslf i struggle a lilbit from fire most likely becuz of andariels. Do you have any suggestions on what helmet would be a upgrade an still have my stats balanced.

my off hand does sustain me very well but in fire i still get demolished quite quickly if i sit in it for over a second which is aggrevating. So any suggestions on what helm i need an or if its jus a rare with good stats plz lemme know.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]