Diablo® III

Can a Blue poster please explain?

I recently read that the Sword "Sever" is having its rest in pieces proc damage reduced.

The common complaint is that the legendaries, specifically the weapons,have beautiful graphics, and sadly do not have numbers or special effects to generate heavy interest in them. And when I say the models look good they look GOOD. But if you step back and look at the landscape of legendaries it looks like Saskatchewan. It should look more like Middle Earth

Are us players not looking at the game the right way? I feel that although the items are good they are not INSANE. which some of the truly truly rare should be. Even after the massive item overhaul. why so few awesome weapons? and now why are those effects being "severed"

I cant believe I just said that....

I personally only want interesting and valuable legendary items. and sadly the sword having its special effect damage removed from the game will have been one of the few that are interesting. Like I said, when all the items are looked at from afar they don't seem very attractive.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
No such changes to Legendary sword Sever were ever announced, and we have no current plans to change how Sever or the Rest in Pieces affix functions. You can find out a bit more in my other post here.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Vaeflare
No such changes to Legendary sword Sever were ever announced, and we have no current plans to change how Sever or the Rest in Pieces affix functions. You can find out a bit more in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6678848859?page=2#36"]my other post here[/url].

No offence but you're just a CM, you have absolutely no idea what the dev team is doing. The Sever sword is getting nerfed into the ground unless I see one of the top tier Dev's say otherwise.
Reply Quote

No offence but you're just a CM, you have absolutely no idea what the dev team is doing. The Sever sword is getting nerfed into the ground unless I see one of the top tier Dev's say otherwise.

No offense, but you're just an idiot. Don't you think the CM's check with the Dev team before posting on issues like this?

Stop trolling; get a job.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 02:58 PMPosted by pug
No such changes to Legendary sword Sever were ever announced, and we have no current plans to change how Sever or the Rest in Pieces affix functions. You can find out a bit more in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6678848859?page=2#36"]my other post here[/url].

Lol, I think I'll go with the blue poster over you. No offense.
Reply Quote
whoa a blue sighting
Reply Quote

I am sure all Vaeflare needs to do is get up out of their chair and walk over to a dev and ask. Which I am sure they have done on many topics.
Edited by GenghisKhan#1476 on 10/1/2012 3:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Is this pick the least inclusive topic to the masses and paint it blue day?

You completely destroyed the Wizard class to the point where thousands of people are going to quit your game out of frustration and we are talking about how Sever didn't get nerfed?
Reply Quote

LMAO. Guise I really don't think we can trust this blue who is constantly and directly speaking with the devs about changes to the game. But "some guy" says sever is definitely getting nerfed seemslegit.jaypeg. Get off your high horse, pug, he may be "just a CM" but you're just a nobody.

Thanks for the info Vaeflare
Reply Quote
lol who cares its still crap, nerf or no nerf.
Reply Quote
Wow, is it just me or has that been removed from the patch notes? Why pretend like it was never there? Just explain that you decided to leave it as is if that's the case.

Also, that kinda gives the a-hole up there a bit more credibility. It was clearly in the notes at one point so if it's not being changed now, them pretending like it was never announced in the first place would appear someone didn't know what they were talking about.

Anyone able to clarify?
Edited by FatNHappy#1729 on 10/1/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
FatNHappy, if you bothered to actually follow the link that the blue provided in their response you would see the fuller explanation.
Reply Quote
Holy crap, this weak !@# subject about a weapon that is hardly used now got 2 blue posts? What the hell is going on?
Reply Quote
if sever gets nerfed, barbs get nerfed, so no, it won't be nerfed.

blizlogic
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Is this the same kind of No Changes that was talked about with Sprint 'Run Like The Wind?

Blue came is saying nobody worry there are no nerfs planned so everybody use the build have fun.

Very next patch notes have changes listed to Sprint 'Run like the Wind.....

Yeah I trust what blue posts pffft!
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Krogothic
lol who cares its still crap, nerf or no nerf.

tru dat
Reply Quote

No offense, but you're just an idiot. Don't you think the CM's check with the Dev team before posting on issues like this?

Stop trolling; get a job.

It's not a troll. I was a coder for the largest MMO developer (which is not Blizz I might add) in the world for 6 years. The CM's never knew what was going on, and when they asked questions people would just give them the shortest/easiest answer so they would go away because they are annoying. Blizz's CM's are exactly the same. They get paid slightly more than minimum wage and know slightly more than you or I. No, they do not have a direct line to the designers, because it would drive the designers absolutely mad.

Want proof? The CM's for this very game have already came out saying XYZ would definitely not happen, and XYZ did happen. CM's don't know ANYTHING.
Reply Quote
WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT SOME GARBAGE SWORD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]