Diablo® III

[Suggestion] Fixing Tempest Rush

- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Hey Kaho, thanks for your input.

I can see where you are coming from that monks are "fine in isolation."

I actually agree with that point. I only made this thread because they are instituting a change for WW that basically models EXACTLY what I think would need to change for TR for it to be a competitive skill in our current meta.

I also agree that TR was never meant to be a primary damage dealing skill which is why I didn't even both addressing the knockback's extreme anti-synergy with the damage portion.

I think the skill has a lot of potential (obviously as I currently use it) and I think it could be accessible to WAY more monks if the cost was less harsh on people stacking extremely simple attack speed buffs (duel wield fists alone make it nearly impossible to use for non-super geared monks).

All in all, seems like you understand where I am coming from. Which is good because if any monk has a reason to be "okay" with TR how it is now, it's probably you. :P

P.S. Still dying to see your gear ... we were theorycrafting what stats you must have to do what you do in the "run like the wind monk" video and I want to know how close we are! :D
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
^
Reply Quote
I finally reached a gear limit where I could use TR-tailwind with echoing fury and in playing A3 group games, it's pretty neat. I'm pretty content with my monk's farming efficiency, but I don't think it should have to be such an expensive route for other monks to take to enjoy this kind of mobility due to increased attack speed. If the blues make good on their post to look into monk resource management, I'm hoping they can find a compromise where this type of build wouldn't have such a disproportionately high gear cost.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/06/2012 10:48 PMPosted by seraphim
I finally reached a gear limit where I could use TR-tailwind with echoing fury and in playing A3 group games, it's pretty neat. I'm pretty content with my monk's farming efficiency, but I don't think it should have to be such an expensive route for other monks to take to enjoy this kind of mobility due to increased attack speed. If the blues make good on their post to look into monk resource management, I'm hoping they can find a compromise where this type of build wouldn't have such a disproportionately high gear cost.

Yea I hear ya Seraph. I finally got to the point where I can TR pretty well with my EF duel wield but the entry cost is just so prohibitive to most monks.

This is why you see SO few monks with TR!
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Druin
Druin, the happy monk

For real? haha, after reading the updates, i couldnt be more depressed.

But anyway, the solution is fair. Just that maybe, to add on, monks wielding twohanded weapons should be given a base of 2 to 4 spirit regen per second to make it fair. (Right now, dual wielding is so much better, can even swap an offhand for a shield anytime, so twohanded is pretty much at a loss)
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/07/2012 05:34 AMPosted by ChuckNorris
Druin, the happy monk

For real? haha, after reading the updates, i couldnt be more depressed.

But anyway, the solution is fair. Just that maybe, to add on, monks wielding twohanded weapons should be given a base of 2 to 4 spirit regen per second to make it fair. (Right now, dual wielding is so much better, can even swap an offhand for a shield anytime, so twohanded is pretty much at a loss)

I actually adoped the "happy monk" title WAY back in pre1.0.3 days when monks were the most QQ they have ever been (far more so than now).

I am just one guy trying to stay positive in a miasma of negativity! <3

As for the 2h thing, I think that the guardian's path passive needs to give both spirit regen AND something else to 2h weps so that it is a reasonable passive to take because, as of now, equipping a 2h wep is akin to just giving up a passive slot which sucks.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
^
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
^
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
^
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
^
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
^
Reply Quote
I think I've tried TR twice. Once when I first got it (didn't see the point), and then later on when I was trying to decide between Thunderclap and Dashing Strike. To be honest, I couldn't remember what TR did so I thought I'd give it a shot to see if it could be used similarly for mobility.

It was really cool until I realized all my spirit was gone. Haven't touched it since.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
lol, campaigning to change that piffle!

Fight for TR rights!!! :D
Reply Quote
While I completely agree tempest rush needs something changed (not sure what besides costs), I feel that the amount of monks complaining here is ridiculous. The class really isn't "broken" as so many say. Maybe it's just my gear but this is honestly how I feel. It seems to me like most of the people who are complaining just want to play one way and one way only. Try new things, try to min/max...I move faster than a TR monk or WW barb quite easily.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/11/2012 02:15 PMPosted by mikrow
While I completely agree tempest rush needs something changed (not sure what besides costs), I feel that the amount of monks complaining here is ridiculous. The class really isn't "broken" as so many say. Maybe it's just my gear but this is honestly how I feel. It seems to me like most of the people who are complaining just want to play one way and one way only. Try new things, try to min/max...I move faster than a TR monk or WW barb quite easily.

No you don't?

You have relatively expensive gear. A barb with equal money invested would farm faster than you 100% guaranteed.

DS << TR.

I am not basing this on conjecture, I am basing it off lots and lots and lots of timed runs. There is no way to make up for the fact that DS does not increase your move speed through areas with no breakable objects.

Furthermore you don't even have maxed runspeed so when that does happen you would be extremely sluggish.

Finally, I am not "complaining." I love playing my monk. I also think things could be better and so, I am trying to make it that way.

Edit: You say "try new things" and "monks aren't broken" and yet you, like 99.99% of us, are using the exact same cookie-cutter spec. That isn't what diversity looks like and hence, my campaign.
Edited by Druin#1518 on 10/11/2012 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lol...
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/11/2012 03:22 PMPosted by mikrow
lol...

Nice one.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 02:15 PMPosted by mikrow
While I completely agree tempest rush needs something changed (not sure what besides costs)

They could start with rubber-banding :)
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
^
Reply Quote
Free bumpz fo da rush
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]