Diablo® III

Diablo 3: A Deconstruction

I agree with your points OP.
+1
blizzard really needs to make a statement on what the hell their direction is with this game... right now they have 0 answers to the core issues stated in this thread.
View profile
09/30/2012 06:39 PMPosted by SkiTz
Still the legendaries/sets arent bountiful enough anyways (in terms of diversity)

@SkiTz

You are correct, I've addressed this in my first point regarding Itemization.

09/29/2012 04:02 PMPosted by CoolHandLuke
1)Lack of Legendaries - Diablo 2 had dozens of Uniques, available at all levels, many of them useful in the endgame. Diablo 3 has a fraction of the number of Uniques

Take the amount of Legendaries...

And double it.
+10

Bump!
Definitely agree with your points. Something I don't quite get is, where did people get their love of spell synergies from D2 from? Personally I think it was terribly implemented, and narrowed the skill selection process due to the necessity to max out multiple skills just to improve the one you want to use.
Great post, OP.

I'd love to see a blue response about this. These are real concerns, not just about D3, but about their development approach in general since midway through WOTLK.
Edited by Rumpy#2543 on 10/1/2012 1:07 AM PDT
- Runes (this is the biggest one, IMO)
- Skull and Diamond gems
- Jewels
- Charms
- Powerful Uniques
- Level 99 Cap
- Players 8 System
- Ubers
- Randomized Maps
- Skill Synergies
- Skill Points/Trees
- Allocatable Attribute Points
- Horadric Cube/Recipies
- Mana Potions
- Stamina/Stamina Potions
- Thawing/Antidote Potions
- Permanent Quest Rewards
- Item Imbuing
- Multi-Socket Weapons

Hey D3 developers... see the list above? Who in the world thought we gamers didn't like these things? These things were awesome. I know they must be coded in D3 somewhere. Just unlock those codes in your next patch/s and bring some more thought and depth in your game. ARPGs are click fests, but they don't need to be mindless click fests.
BTW amazing post OP. Hopefully someone on the D3 team reads it and takes heed.
View profile
three post of epic win and truth

i salute you sir, this is indeed what is wrong with this game
yup many points here which I also feel strongly about. Definite +1

I can see that almost everyone agrees, too bad blizzard won't pay attention to what everyone who plays the game wants. You wouldn't want us to actually get what we want, and not what you want, would you blizzard?
- Runes (this is the biggest one, IMO)
- Skull and Diamond gems
- Jewels
- Charms
- Powerful Uniques
- Level 99 Cap
- Players 8 System
- Ubers
- Randomized Maps
- Skill Synergies
- Skill Points/Trees
- Allocatable Attribute Points
- Horadric Cube/Recipies
- Mana Potions
- Stamina/Stamina Potions
- Thawing/Antidote Potions
- Permanent Quest Rewards
- Item Imbuing
- Multi-Socket Weapons

Hey D3 developers... see the list above? Who in the world thought we gamers didn't like these things? These things were awesome. I know they must be coded in D3 somewhere. Just unlock those codes in your next patch/s and bring some more thought and depth in your game. ARPGs are click fests, but they don't need to be mindless click fests.

+1 million
I know 6-7 pages into a thread will seem like jumping on a bandwagon, but I love the OP's thorough explanation of what the majority has tried to put into words.

I personally think that if blizzard just quit treating it's customer base like juvenile simpletons, by dumbing down every single part of the game, maybe just maybe they would quit acting like one.

A large part of previous diablo release's popularity and longevity was the complexity behind the simple act of bashing monsters and gremlin's faces in.

Put down the nerf bat and pick up the thinking caps, set straight this vile assumption that people are incapable of using intellect while enjoying a game. Let us decide how powerful we want each of our character's skills to be. Let us figure out how to prioritize that power while not hindering other skills. The ability to mash 4 buttons in a semi-random manner will never satisfy anyone with an appetite for skillful mastery of such a time consuming endeavor.
Edited by l8nights#1929 on 10/1/2012 6:56 AM PDT
Best read I have had in this forum to date I agree with you OP

Wow another example of diversity from Lod.
Took all of 5 sec for google to find the prime example of D2's build diversity.
You can polish the op's knob if you want , but then I guess that means you really never played D2 or lod.

PS. Looking at op's barb I'd say he has a handle on cookie cutters.

I'm assuming you read a guide and played one character in d2?

You never found a single item that made you level a new character to try out the viability of some strange build?
I may have to reassess my last comment about the community not wanting dumbed down games. :/
Edited by l8nights#1929 on 10/1/2012 7:10 AM PDT
+ 1 HUNDRED BILLION
whatever noob! OP only complains.. L2P! less than 5k elites LOL... wait a minute...

OP has over 21k elite kills and all chars at 60... oops!

thanks for proving that classic comeback i keep seeing here wrong: only L2P noobs complain cause they havent put in the "work and effort" to reap the benefits! what horseshat.

thank you OP for summarizing all of our gripes and concerns. unfortunately this has been said time and again, however we need to keep on saying this.

i want a blue to respond to each of these points, but i doubt this will happen.
bump for justice
This is why I still come to the damn forums.

Thank you OP for posting something that Blizz needs to see.

p.s. I would like to add SHRINES to the list of mechanics that blizz left out. How the F do we go from having all those cool-!@# shrines in Diablo 1 and 2 to what.....4 (boring as hell) shrines in Diablo III?????

Ohhhh how the mighty have fallin.
three post of epic win and truth

i salute you sir, this is indeed what is wrong with this game

This!

Good job OP!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]