Diablo® III

Worst Item On Monk Above You!

Saw this thread on another forum (forget which one), and thought it was a great idea! A one-stop shop for a quick, objective look at your gear and the next piece to be upgraded.

I suspect the next poster will say my helmet, but so far my sustain strategy is LpSS (working relatively well, I'd say, with high attack speed and crit chance, with Quickening rune), but I'm looking to eventually get a strong weapon with LS and dump LPSS.

Let the feedback begin!
@gooddaytodie

if you wanna use 2h i will recommend getting skorn. if you do not have the budget maybe get higher dps with socket for 2h. it goes quite cheap even for dps around 1.2k
@chuck

....... the ammy, only coz it is not green and brown, and not tri fecta like the glove. Seriously tho, how do u pick a "worst gear" from a pwnage set like this?
@seansky (Trish)

A bit difficult to decide.. boots or shield :S

A lot of items are mediocre, but even though the boots have really low dex, the shield has 4 wasted stats: globe bonus, int, durability and MF (but you have a MF build so it still is not so bad!)

Verdict: shield. Needs armor, vit and single/all res.
@evilution
hard to say which? Im going to say off hand sword Crit is good but im sure you could find a bit more DPS there
@rize

I assume you pealed that IK irons off your barb, i would criticize that peice since i'd much rather sell it for whatever u can get and just get a bifecta gloves with dex/vit/resist instead, but i'd much rather criticize your build/itemization all together. If your going to build a LoH sustain set, why get a board? Your amulet and ring obviously hints towards somewhat stacking a modest LoH as well as your MH fist. In that case, get ANOTHER OH weapon to compliment. That 9.5crit on your board is not getting the full utilization. Now if yoru going to use a board instead, I seriously wonder why not just roll out the high crit crit damage. Your board's crit will be fully utilized by a 180+crit damage MH wouldnt it? And instead of adding attack speed, move away from LoH all together and get CHD instead of AS as a secondary option after CC.

So there you go.
@Emao.

All of your gear is pretty good. I'd probably look at upgrading your shoulders, though.
@Emao,
Cheers for the critique of the whole build. thats exactly what I needed. Ive only been runnin my monk for 4 days so had no idea how to go about building him. Im trying to run a tank so I can sit in the middle of mobs and let the party DPS them to shreds. Thanks for the advice will look into a second fist with LOH
@ hotSauce
some really nice gear overall, if your going for more damage you could pick up some legs with higher dex with bit lower vita, although your dex seems huge already so maybe just replace the mainhand with something with alot more crit hit damage.
@ Qesh
probably get the most out of a crit helmet
@ Gravitiate
thanks, I'm looking to buy one but im unsure if the markets going to crash after the patch comes out so i might just wait since i can farm act 3 fine atm
@gravitate: your gear looks awesome. However, it is obvious that you can get more by investing in perfect star emerald.
@ffantasy87: your rare ring needs aspd.
@chock : Your amulet needs to go. Low dex and only 1 stat boost. Try and get one with crit chance or crit damage to go with your attack speed.
@jrdiiorio

erm. there's nothing much for me to comment on! how about finding a better ring? 1 with same +ias and CC instead of crit dmg.
@JRDIIORIO

So i'm left with the unenviable task of trying to pick out your worst peice? Maybe when 1.05 comes out, you can upgrade your board to roll out +FoT instead. Until then, I really cant see what to upgrade without dumping huge amounts of gold, so lets just say I fail!
@Emao

Your monks gear is quite balanced and not one piece stood out as being a weak link. I was trying to decided, if I was you, would I go for gloves with attack speed or upgrade the shoulders to vile wards first.

Vile wards are probably the cheaper option so I'd say your shoulders are your worst piece.
@JRDIIORIO

So i'm left with the unenviable task of trying to pick out your worst peice? Maybe when 1.05 comes out, you can upgrade your board to roll out +FoT instead. Until then, I really cant see what to upgrade without dumping huge amounts of gold, so lets just say I fail!

@emao

actually you just conveniently missed me.

@martialsage

i wont say your helm is the worst item, but i think you could do with more dex on your helm.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]