Diablo® III

Worst Item On Monk Above You!

@Aeth

Your gear is getting better by the day man. Nice new Blackthorne's Ammy so close to mine now and that WKL is crazy sexy. If I had to choose it would be the Jousting Mail you can get better AR on those and either 2 socket or 225+ Vit Roll.

Havn't been on in a few days but hit me up on the PTR if you see me on. See you in game none the less.

@Bisho

Many primo items but the one that stands out is your VW. Prolly get one with higher Dex and some Vit. It came with a low CR roll which could be better as well. Overall nice gear.
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 1/18/2013 9:56 AM PST
@Bisho, IK items with Dex aren't much more expensive than ones without. The deciding factor for the IK Chest prices are always going to be the Vitality rolls. If you get one with Dex, it limits the chance for double vit rolls, so it'll be cheaper anyway. Getting a high single Vit roll will raise the price, but not nearly to the astronomical prices that a double Vit roll would be. IK Gloves with 150+ Dex and the Crit Damage roll are a bit more on the expensive side, but again, not too bad, considering that most people aren't really looking for dex IK gloves.

Carl, man... I decided to give up and sell off the stuff on my Wiz and my DH, so that has funded my Barb and Monk, which is why I've been fortunate enough to upgrade to where I am. :) I'll definitely hit you up. As far as my BT Jousting Mail, the ONLY reason I am keeping it and haven't upgraded is because I haven't been able to find an "Upgrade" on AH. Any of the options that I've seen have been a side-step, either losing Vitality or Dexterity. So until I find one that suits my needs... I'm stuck with what I got... :)

As far as your upgrades, I guess a trifecta glove with AR? Getting in the really pricey range for upgrades though...
@Aether

It's pretty hard to identify the worst piece as all your pieces aren't exactly "bad". If I'd go with anything it'd be Ik set pieces. But going for all legendaries/sets like that makes it one of the only available options left. Is it possible to get 70~ dex and 100+ hit on Ik chest? If so, that could be an option. Or tyreals chest and a tasked and theo but I doubt you get as much ehp.

Very nice gear and love the gold and green look.
@davidluv,

Thanks. The all legendary/set pieces was not intentional, actually! I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it just now! I was just looking for pieces that would be nice upgrades and slowly but surely that happened, I guess!

As far as the IK chest, it cannot roll 100+ vitality and another stat, unfortunately... I wish it could... I also chose the IK set because not only did it serve for the EHP boost I needed, but it was also the best-looking set that I found on the monk. Functional and Stylish! :)

Also, regarding your toon, you've gotta great one as well! I guess the "worst" item on you is your Cold Damage main-hand ring! Otherwise... I'm sure you are very happy with your toon!
@Carl - since you seemed to be skipped over. Attack speed seems to be king in your build. I wonder if EF would perform better in your offhand? I cant imagine the ef that would be needed to replace what you have there but id have to go with that item as your weakest. Maybe also inna set pants over blackthornes if you dont need the loh and huge vit boost...

Overall, amazing monk.
@TehArnold

This is my first time doing one of these, so pardon my inexperience. Nice monk BTW! I see you are using fleet footed, which I'm guessing is because you don't have Lacuni, so I'd say get one of those with crit chance to increase your damage and movement speed, freeing up that passive. I'd also say upgrade your offhand ring to something quad/quintfecta. Nice boots too, but I'm guessing you'd be able to find a nice pair of ice climbers if you're not into the whole overpriced nats combo. Hope this helps!
@bluephoenix- Looking good, about time for a witching hour belt.
@ oldman

On Illthilen, either get some bracers with plus to pickup radius, or replace your rare ring with one that has useful primary stats.
@ TheProf

Your ring or amulet, make sure to get critical hit chance on all your gear at least. Also you should use the "same" stacking resist on all your items not a mix of fire, cold, lightning and arcane. One with Everything is doing nothing for you atm.
01/18/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Bisho
@Morax: What MP level can you handle with that setup? Your resistance and armor seem really low, but maybe the LS and your DPS make up for it? I'd go with your boots so you can pick up some resistance.

I've only been running mp0 for speed. On the ptr I tried mp3 fairly easy - was getting massive xp!
@Modz

I think your the best monk i saw in the game... definitly nothing to change except you can go with a faster main hand or trifecta nats ring or amulet :P
@Thebrys
As awesome as everything you have is I think you have room to play with your gloves, ammy and your unity.
Of the 3 I'd say Unity is the worst. You can get a much higher Admg roll and you can certainly afford to lose a bit of armor in favor of IAS or CDmg.

I bet you have struggled mightily to replace that ammy.

Good luck.
@Analbumcover

Sick gear. Worst piece (among a set of sick gear) to me is that main hand. Don't understand why you haven't grabbed a 1h with a socket, even at the expense of losing some dex.
@defcon

Chest probably. You can get a rare 3 sock chest with 130+dex/80+vit or vice versa pretty cheap with the resist of your choice, maybe even a resist stack.
Edited by Lakkin#1312 on 1/19/2013 11:01 PM PST
@Lakkin

Your Lacuni's, since that is 11% movement speed that is wasted. You should get Strongarm Bracers with arcane or all resistance.
@Cyrus

Found this hard finding a fault with your gear but maybe them Nat's boots could do with more dex on with the arcane resistance but that would be pretty expensive...

or you could try and get a new echoing fury that has crit damage on with an os to improve your dps so that your life steal would work better, this could help you on higher monster powers/
Edited by Deon#1922 on 1/20/2013 5:45 AM PST
@Deon

since u r already on nata boots maybe u can get a nata ring to get that extra 7 cc
@Shakyspeare, I'm no pro and you may already know this, but i think the litany ring could be better and you may also want to consider the nats ring and boots suggestion too.. But your vit will take a further dip unless you can afford it. And if you went this route, then i reckon you can get a better rare shoulders to boost your EHP or just splurge on a VW with Vit :D

To anyone rating me, please rate something other than my belt as i'm still searching on a big upgrade for my belt, probably inna's.
@Shakyspeare, I'm no pro and you may already know this, but i think the litany ring could be better and you may also want to consider the nats ring and boots suggestion too.. But your vit will take a further dip unless you can afford it. And if you went this route, then i reckon you can get a better rare shoulders to boost your EHP or just splurge on a VW with Vit :D

To anyone rating me, please rate something other than my belt as i'm still searching on a big upgrade for my belt, probably inna's.

you need better gems :)
@sono, I know! but i'm a tightarse! :D

i think you could use more CC on your bracers.. but you already knew that :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]