Diablo® III

Buff Icons.... needs to be more than 5

the Buff icons why is there only 5

i get buffs from others + buffs that last 3 seconds and i cant see them because ive already got 5

it should be unlimited row, and not cap at only 5

eg. nef stacks, shrines + buffs
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
We do need more.
Reply Quote
I'm surprised this still hasn't been addressed yet since it was mentioned months ago but numerous people including famous streamers like Kripparian and Athene.
Reply Quote
Nerf Icons
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Estoppel
I'm surprised this still hasn't been addressed yet since it was mentioned months ago but numerous people including famous streamers like Kripparian and Athene.

Amazing that none of the "testers" thought this was an issue... could you get more than 5 buffs in the free trial? on the glass half full side: I bet the story surrounding the production or lack there of of this game is pretty interresting. either no one on the team had ever played a video game before, OR ...
Reply Quote
Yes the 5 limit buff icon is extremely annoying. When I'm in archon mode playing co op I can't even see when my archon time is up.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

That's fantastic news. The need to juggle short-term buffs like shouts, VQ, bladestorm, etc makes the 5-buff limit almost gamebreaking.
Reply Quote

could we just increase it by 2? that wouldn't cause too much clutter would it?
Reply Quote
The least you can do is make self buffs take priority over others so you can watch your own buffs and increase the buff icons to 7 for now.

Heck even order them by lowest durations first so we can keep them refreshed.
Edited by Medalink#1781 on 10/1/2012 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How about have the toolbar actions have 3 different stages instead of the current ready/waiting. Have an already buffed action show up as... blue? Then when it expires have it clear to normal.
Reply Quote
is there an option somewhere where you can toggle buff icons on and off because I have never really seen more than 3 at a time and I play co-op only.. It's usually a shrine and 1 other icon if I am standing in my totem as a witchdoc
Reply Quote
I have zero issues with a line of buffs on the bottom of the screen. I'd rather see what's going on than not.
Reply Quote

Can we just "double it" I think even with 10 buffs shown it still doesn't clutter that much.
Reply Quote

Why not just fill that whole buff "row"? It wouldn't add any more clutter than what is already there and I doubt very many classes could fill the whole thing unless they're doing it intentionally.
Reply Quote
Hell double it to 10!

=)
Reply Quote
Can you guys PLEASE add a button to deactivate Archon? I know it's off topic, but it can relate and sometimes the icon is hidden and I can't right click it to switch back to more defensive spells. It caused me some deaths quite a lot lately...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]