Diablo® III

Buff Icons.... needs to be more than 5

(Locked)

You could save some space (and annoyance) by making 100% uptime buffs (such as Wizard armors, Barbarian shouts, Monk mantras, etc.) passively always-on, eliminating the need for a buff icon.
10/01/2012 12:13 PMPosted by kalisti
You could save some space (and annoyance) by making 100% uptime buffs (such as Wizard armors, Barbarian shouts, Monk mantras, etc.) passively always-on, eliminating the need for a buff icon.

+ 1 million

Except it would be a wizard buff, which is against the mantra.
10/01/2012 12:13 PMPosted by kalisti

FYI -- monk mantra buffs give a 3-second bonus to the monk depending on the buff.
+1!

Although with wizards being nerfed so hard, the only buffs Blizz wants us looking at is Force Weapon and Force Armor.... =P
Edited by Zapados#1900 on 10/1/2012 12:28 PM PDT
Isn't this an issue that should have been tested prior to the release of the game? Anyway, just make the icons a tad smaller and have them stack on top of each other kind of like wow.
View profile
10/01/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Estoppel
We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

Can we just "double it" I think even with 10 buffs shown it still doesn't clutter that much.

I can see the explanation now... "We saw how cool buff icons were, so we doubled them!"
10/01/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Andernut

FYI -- monk mantra buffs give a 3-second bonus to the monk depending on the buff.

I know and I don't think that's a problem. It's the primary effect (the 100% up buff) which should be made passive and not use an icon. Secondary effects such as the 3-second extra buff can remain as they are.
10/01/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

PTR RETRIVING HERO LIST, FIX PLZ
Or even make up a "popup" type display in the middle of your screen or in the toast location, make it transparent enough so we can still see important things, but only have it popup for a second or two when a buff falls off. That way we know if its our class buff we need to renew it.
agree, need to see what all up
Why don't you let us choose whether we want to have our UI cluttered? Or at the very least sort the buffs in order of time left so we know which buffs we need to keep up.

It isn't rocket science. It's common sense and should not take thought.
ADD A BUFF ICON FOR RESOLVE PLZ!! I DON"T CARE IF IT'S ONLY 2.5 SECONDS
10/01/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Vaeflare

What would be cool would be if you guys allowed people to make UI add-ons for the game so that we didn't have to wait half a year for any kind of minimal improvement.

Here is the thing. I can't turn the UI off completely to play on my plasma TV. So that end of the U.I. kinda hurts. It's a pc game anyways i know, but if you release on consoles it is definitely something you will have to address. No one wants to get burn in on their TV, and the 600 frames/second a plasma displays makes it the best choice for serious gamers.

Now on the flip side of the coin... It is not even displaying all the info.

I feel that it should be fully customizable. let each player choose on their own how much they want displayed, from a range of none to all. Maybe a button to hold in/toggle (again leave it up to each person to decide on their own) when you need to see it, like TAB for the map.

just my 2 cents.

600 frames a second is overkill to a ridiculous point. Like, not overkill by at least 400 frames to where there is no visual improvement. Furthermore, if you're worried about UI burn-in, your TV choice is obviously not the best choice for serious gamers, as the majority of games have some sort of stationary UI. Finally, burn-in isn't even a problem on modern plasmas.
Edited by Bergtau#1516 on 10/1/2012 1:02 PM PDT
10/01/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Storm

Why not just fill that whole buff "row"? It wouldn't add any more clutter than what is already there and I doubt very many classes could fill the whole thing unless they're doing it intentionally.

Exactly, this is why I think Blizz's official answer is garbage. You're already taking up part of the screen, why would you think leaving that tiny sliver of screen space is more important to a player than seeing their buffs. This is just poor planning.
No excessive buffs are allowed by Blizzard.
Only nerfs.
You know what would be a good add on, add a button or something to lock your gear so right clicking wont switch the gear, that way u can turn it off and on so you don't sell something by mistake
Edited by Scorn#1329 on 10/1/2012 1:17 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]