Diablo® III

Buff Icons.... needs to be more than 5

(Locked)

View profile
09/29/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Sphinx
Yes the 5 limit buff icon is extremely annoying. When I'm in archon mode playing co op I can't even see when my archon time is up.

This. I don't know when to break off from elites to kill whites for extra archon time.
they will not increase the icon limit. They will nerf the amount of buffs you will be able to get.

/lol but thats how they been acting...
10/01/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

Nice, while we are on buffs, any chance of seeing buffs on followers? There is no way to tell whether they caught it or not. In fact, Tyrael, who can't die, while not showing my shout buff on the UI just like followers, actually shows it around his feet, even though he can't benefit from it, yet my follower who can die and can benefit from it, doesn't have it showing except in the character stat sheet.

Also, on the subject of follower icons, they could really do with something to show death, as it is now, there is just the health bar which can be at almost empty and look empty but the follower is still alive, or it could be dead, there's no real way of knowing whether to grab a health globe to save them or waste a health globe in trying to save them but they are dead, the dot on the mini map gets hidden by your own icon.

And, now that I mention health globes, after the 'detrimental to some builds/classes' stat which is health globe radius and its unity with gold radius as a stat, after the feedback given many times about how health globe radius actually ruins gear for some people, was there really any need to go and yet again put that same detrimental stat, at a full 20 yards, with a beneficial stat on the new shrines?

And while I'm ranting, please, please fix the three bugs with Furious Charge, the skill is paramount for the few reaction Barbs left, ignoring such a prominent and broken skill in a build that uses cooldowns to mitigate the affects of mob affixes while the barb population move more and more to a build that completely negates mob affixes is not doing build diversity and choice much good, not to mention the point of said mob affixes.
In fact, 1.0.5 takes another escape skill cooldown, leap-iron impact and while buffing it in a pack of mobs, nerf it to oblivion as an escape, right now, my most reliable escape skill in 1.0.5 is the new mob fear mechanic (which is awesome btw).

Kthx.
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 10/1/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Needs:

1) Buff icons for all buffs.... This is obnoxious, and there are a bunch of buffs that just don't show up.

2) Ability to turn on visible buff timers and CD timers.
Also would be nice to have the option to turn on a "show timer" feature that would count down the buff duration for those that constantly keep checking it. I find myself looking at the remaining time for archon a lot.
10/01/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Sorceress
Also would be nice to have the option to turn on a "show timer" feature that would count down the buff duration for those that constantly keep checking it. I find myself looking at the remaining time for archon a lot.

Well needing to mouse over a visual buff to show duration, in a point and click game, is the strangest design idea ever.
10/01/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

How about when you have more than 5 they scale down to fit?

I would rather have screen clutter than not have the information i need.
Just resize the boxes?! No need for them to be as big as the skill boxes.
Make it 7;
Make it so that self buffs have priority over say, shrines;
Make it so that the one with the least time left appears first;
That is it. Problem solved.
I can see the response now....

"Dear Players, it has recently come to our attention that buffs are stacking beyond the 5 buff limit. We will be nerfing down the total allowed number of buffs to 5 in 1.0.5. This will be a net buff for players though because we are DOUBLING the drop rate of iLvl 58 in Inferno!"
Blizzard Employee
Before the implementation of 1.05, since rare rings and amulets are going to be roll 63 stats,
i highly suggest that the best set/legendary rings and amulets be able to roll 63 stats as well.

Or not, we will just be moving back to pre 1.04 days where rare items are better than legendary ones. Since 1.05 is a step forward i really hope the developers can take this into serious consideration. thanks.

Will appreciate if a nice blue poster can bring this up to them. thanks in advance!

This was actually addressed in Lylirra’s post here. We’re currently considering allowing random Legendary affixes (the magical properties, not the hard-coded ones) to roll at the monster’s level, but that is not yet decided. If you’d like to discuss that possibility further, however, we’d kindly ask you to post in this thread so that we can keep each of these threads focused and on-topic. :)
Can you reduce the number of icons?
At least for Wizards. We are just too strong, and it would be a nice way to nerf us even further.
Thank you.
Please put the patch up this week. I get sick of doing same thing over and over and over again. And yes that is 27k killed elites. I want something new ingame :s
Edited by Lize#1825 on 10/1/2012 3:58 PM PDT
I would like an option to have the buff icons at the top of the screen.
please add an option to clear al the UI on screen

i memorize it all, and i can see my health bar above my character

the skill bar and big globe UI on bottom
chat column on bottom-left corner
mini char portrait on top-left corner
social icon on bottom-right corner

are either blocking my view or made me accidentally click on them all the time

thx
Why are your UI Elements so TINY? And your text is pretty small too when playing 1920x1080...

Seems like you guys made your UI really crappy. NOT USER FRIENDLY...

wait what do u mean?! the health globes are gigantic. what else matters? :P
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]