Diablo® III

Buff Icons.... needs to be more than 5

I agree with OP. Ten icons across the bottom wouldn't bother me and I don't think it would add any extra clutter.
Reply Quote
I also agree that 10 buff icons would be fine with me.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

"In software development, a beta test is the second phase of software testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out. (Beta is the second letter of the Greek alphabet.) Originally, the term alpha test meant the first phase of testing in a software development process. The first phase includes unit testing, component testing, and system testing. Beta testing can be considered "pre-release testing." Beta test versions of software are now distributed to a wide audience on the Web partly to give the program a "real-world" test and partly to provide a preview of the next release."

"Second level, external pilot-test of a product (usually a software) before commercial quantity production. At the beta test stage, the product has already passed through the first-level, internal pilot-test (alpha test) and glaring defects have been removed. But (since the product may still have some minor problems that require user participation) it is released to selected customers for testing under normal, everyday conditions of use to spot the remaining flaws."

So Alpha to Beta to PTR.
Reply Quote
Probably the easiest way to remedy this would be to have UI customization. Just saying. Put it on the player, then the devs have less to worry about.
Reply Quote
Before the implementation of 1.05, since rare rings and amulets are going to be roll 63 stats,
i highly suggest that the best set/legendary rings and amulets be able to roll 63 stats as well.

Or not, we will just be moving back to pre 1.04 days where rare items are better than legendary ones. Since 1.05 is a step forward i really hope the developers can take this into serious consideration. thanks.

Will appreciate if a nice blue poster can bring this up to them. thanks in advance!

This was actually addressed in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=10#181"]Lylirra’s post here[/url]. We’re currently considering allowing random Legendary affixes (the magical properties, not the hard-coded ones) to roll at the monster’s level, but that is not yet decided. If you’d like to discuss that possibility further, however, we’d kindly ask you to post in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918"]this thread[/url] so that we can keep each of these threads focused and on-topic. :)

Interesting idea!

The question isn't whether or not you guys decide that yet or want it
The question should be asked to us whether we want it or not...
Reply Quote
Then back to PTR, Beta & Alpha?
Reply Quote
I'm just so happy I paid $100.00 CE for this 5 month open beta game :)
Reply Quote
Wow did it fine.
Reply Quote
Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons

You people made WoW. I mean come on.
Reply Quote
i agree this isnt wow keep the ui clean, if people dont knoe thier standing in dececrate pools its thier fualt they have the intellect of an elephant.
Reply Quote
We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

This is a change that is almost a must. I have had WotB expire countless times because it was the sixth icon. Honestly, having icons allowed to span across the screen between the globes, at least in my opinion, wouldn't constitute too much clutter, and the benefit it brings greatly outweighs any negative aspects.

How many buffs do some characters run with anyway, is it typically more than 7-8 so that it would be an issue to increase the limit?

This is my only issue with the game that I feel is 'game breaking', besides when elites turn invisible (happened twice so far).
Edited by operwolf#1116 on 10/1/2012 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Please fix this glaring oversight. You are Blizzzad for crying out loud. We are tired of your beta.
Reply Quote
Can you reduce the number of icons?
At least for Wizards. We are just too strong, and it would be a nice way to nerf us even further.
Thank you.

since they think we freeze the screen anyway, then may as well do with a blank screen and wizards can perma freeze via audio only.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Lize
Please put the patch up this week. I get sick of doing same thing over and over and over again. And yes that is 27k killed elites. I want something new ingame :s

Very close to where your at and totally agree. As for the opinion on legendaries i would be indifferent either way, if you decide to do it cool, if not oh well. It will not change my opinion of this patch whatsoever. The neutral voice is general unheard, but i thought this would be a good place to voice it. I have legitimate reasons both ways that would make me happy, so its really up to you guys entirely.
Edited by Osirisis#1959 on 10/1/2012 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yea was wondering why would blazing wrath have an icon but not foresight..

same category of buff isnt it?
Reply Quote
This game needs opensource UI, after wow that should've been a standard for every mmo style game.
Reply Quote
Before the implementation of 1.05, since rare rings and amulets are going to be roll 63 stats,
i highly suggest that the best set/legendary rings and amulets be able to roll 63 stats as well.

Or not, we will just be moving back to pre 1.04 days where rare items are better than legendary ones. Since 1.05 is a step forward i really hope the developers can take this into serious consideration. thanks.

Will appreciate if a nice blue poster can bring this up to them. thanks in advance!

This was actually addressed in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=10#181"]Lylirra’s post here[/url]. We’re currently considering allowing random Legendary affixes (the magical properties, not the hard-coded ones) to roll at the monster’s level, but that is not yet decided. If you’d like to discuss that possibility further, however, we’d kindly ask you to post in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918"]this thread[/url] so that we can keep each of these threads focused and on-topic. :)

This patch will never come, so the game will die eventually... You don't have more important problems than delaying the patch because of such stupid question? OFC you have to allow them to roll 63 stats, give us the damn patch already...
Reply Quote

I suggest halves the size of shrine buffs and armor to save space, while having those skills with quick expiry time the same. For the UI, can just stack the smaller icons above the current row.

Might need some identifier to separated these buffs, or you guys can filter via expiry.
Reply Quote

It's great that you recognise this as a problem, but I'd like to ask: how or why was the 5 buff limit ever implemented in the first place?

Are you really that worried that the D3 gamers wouldn't be able to cope with managing or understanding more than 5 buffs?

Has the profile of your typical gamer really changed that much over the years? :/

Personally, I've always found that restriction pretty insulting.
Edited by Rumpy#2543 on 10/2/2012 2:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]