Diablo® III

X-COM:Enemy Unknown Demo is out !!!

This game is going to be game of the year . Alot of people dont really know much about this game but its a reimagination of one of the greatest PC games ever made .

http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/
Reply Quote
I played the original way back in 1994. Freaking amazing, way ahead of its time. So excited they're doing a remake!
Reply Quote
I hope the demo isn't supposed to be representative of the final product; the two actual missions are short, virtually identical and locked in easy difficulty. The multiplayer also looks kind of half-assed. Still, I like the concept and I'm looking forward to purchasing the game.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 09:48 AMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
I hope the demo isn't supposed to be representative of the final product; the two actual missions are short, virtually identical and locked in easy difficulty. The multiplayer also looks kind of half-assed. Still, I like the concept and I'm looking forward to purchasing the game.

yeah it sucks the tutorial missions were so easy .. what were they thinking ?
Reply Quote
Unfortunately the xcom series have been really bad except for the first. Don't go spending money on this until you know its good. I'v been let down time and time again with their sequels.

I really hope they do it right this time.
Reply Quote
Let's also not forget that it's still published by Take-Two, who initially approved the XCOM reboot.

I'm still not convinced it is worth $50.
Reply Quote
If you want to try tougher opponents using the demo someone made a tool which helps you edit its configuration settings to unlock higher difficulty levels, more enemy types, and later game weapons. I think you're still limited to just the two missions though.

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/xcom-enemy-unknown/1226279p1.html
Reply Quote
Oh, I'm sure the game itself will be at least decent. What I'm not sure of is if the game is worth its initial price: the demo is ridiculously scripted and the gameplay videos they have been showing always seem to revolve around the same kind of maps, weapons and enemies, which make me wonder just how deep and diverse the full game actually is. I also can't dodge the feeling that this game has been commissioned in a hurry in response to the negative reception to the XCOM reboot.

I don't want to spend $50 on a game that I will get bored of easily. :/
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 10/6/2012 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I can't wait for the full game to hit shelves in a few days. I loved all 3 of the main series games in the past. The mix of new options building on what made the game great in the past is a good start. The fact your base design will affect how your troops perform should lead to interesting replayability options.
Reply Quote
Got 91% on metacritic . Its better than Diablo 3 already
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]