Diablo® III

Do you all kill normal monsters?

1.) When you farm? Do you clear everything or run and find champions?

2.) Do you open up normal chests, bodies, barrels, ect?

3.) Do you pick up all gold or leave smaller stack sizes to rot?
Reply Quote
1) i clear big groups of monsters only, + champs/elites

2) i only open resplendent chests

3) i leave smaller stack sizes to rot
Reply Quote
1.) Yes, in most parts of Keep Depths 2, Battlefields/Fields of Slaughter, Crater 1/2 or Stonefort I kill the white mobs because they are numerous and clumped together. Inside the Tower of Cursed/Damned I skip them if possible/don´t hunt them down, just running to the next champions if i can.

2.) No, no and no. The only thing I would consider to open are chests, and barrels/trash piles are breaking while running past them with RltW anyways.

3.) I got +7 pickup radius increase which is enough to get like 90% of the gold that drops in a fight without needing to move towards it and waste time collecting. I would not run back to a stack that is less than 2 k, sounds "stupid" or wannabe-rich I know, but it´s just not worth the time/fury to jump after smaller piles imo.
Reply Quote
Im not godly but then i just play for fun.

1. chose one of 5 characters.
2. chose some random runes
3. work my way slowly to a boss. I explore, kill and open everything.
4. play another game.

Or play my new hardcore barb.

Im still new to inferno but dont care about godly items. theyre always junk anyway. i hunt for good yellows.
Reply Quote
1.) When you farm? Do you clear everything or run and find champions?

Kill everything.

2.) Do you open up normal chests, bodies, barrels, ect?

Kill, slash burn or hack everything.

3.) Do you pick up all gold or leave smaller stack sizes to rot?

Pickup everything.
Reply Quote
I kill every monster I see because the only consistently rewarding action in this game is gaining paragon xp.

I can't imagine the insanity of grinding for repeatedly with absolutely nothing to gain except gold from vendored loot.
Reply Quote
everything

everything

everything
Reply Quote
kill, break, pick up all the things!
Reply Quote
Yes to all the above
Reply Quote
I only kill normal mobs if they are grouped up. I got most of my set/legendary item from normal mobs anyways. I've gotten a Nat set once from armor rack.
Reply Quote
Kill big groups of Mobs and Elites.

Dont break anything only open replesant chests.

only pick up 1000g + piles if my pick up radius misses it
Reply Quote
Everything. I'm in no rush.
Reply Quote
1.) When you farm? Do you clear everything or run and find champions? Yes

2.) Do you open up normal chests, bodies, barrels, ect? Ever since the nerf to resplendant chests/chests in general I don't bother with them. I do like breaking stuff though.

3.) Do you pick up all gold or leave smaller stack sizes to rot? I pick up all gold but I leave all blue items/rares that aren't ilvl 63
Edited by Pentakill#1591 on 10/1/2012 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I usually explore the map fully unless the map is huge and I missed one little section of it...but even then my brain is all "there could be a monster over there who is going to drop a legendary" even though I know full well that monster is no different than any other monster and I have just as much a chance to get a legendary from the next monster who isn't a 5 minute walk away...but it's not THAT monster...not THAT roll.

Efficiency? Yeah...I need to work on that a bit.
Reply Quote
1.)

I kill everything that bars my path.

2.)

Opening chests for whatever is inside, gold is gold.

3.)
Gold is gold, whether it's 1g or 1000g.
Reply Quote
Everything because it increases my chance of finding something nice.

Couple weeks ago I found 2 legendaries and 2 set items all in 1 day. I made a handsome amount of gold that weekend.

But every now and then I let one or two slip by and pray to the lords of loots that they had nothing to drop to begin with.
Reply Quote
Kill everything, destroy almost everything. Most players will get loot more efficiently that way.

In fact, for most players, they would be better off playing games with 100% normal monsters and zero elites than playing against 100% elites with no normals. Normals are less likely to produce a piece of quality loot, but you can kill them so quickly, that it makes up for it. In other words, you will get more quality loot per hour than just cherry picking the elites.

I don't go out of my way to destroy a barrel (and slow down a fast group), but if it's along the way, I take it out.

Also, some of the out of the way places almost always have a chest of some kind. In Act 3, in the hell zones, there are certain locations most people don't go, but I go there looking for that loot.

The time consuming part of your game, which you have to make up for is when you are building up NV stacks. Once you have 5 NV stacks, you USE THEM! You use them by killing everything. You don't skip dungeons.

Now, don't cross an entire zone just to unfog a tiny piece of map. Maybe let one fast guy go out to check it out and let you know if there is an elite group.

I am going to qualify what I have just said. If you can kill elites so quickly that you don't even stop moving, but just slaughter them as you pass by, then your most efficient farming mode might be to kill only elites and the normals that get in your way as you go after elites. The problem is that you have to cover the entire map to make sure you get all the elites, so you might as well take out all the normals and a bunch of the objects while you are at it.
Reply Quote
I kill everything in big groups in act 3 inferno. Won't chase down the random single guys. Have found my 6 legendaries off of trash mobs, while none (but my only set item) off of elites. I open up all chests (have found quite a few 2 mil plans this way), but nothing else. And I'll pick up anything out of my way over 600 gold. I pick up all blues and yellows that are 61 and over (pushing control while they're on the ground to inspect them quickly), vendoring trash yellows and salvaging blues. Looking at the blues quickly ensures I don't miss any gem plan drops, although they're changing to yellow in 1.0.5. The salvaged blues net me an extra 150 k or so a run.
Reply Quote
Kill everything open everything. Seeing as my two legendary drops so far have come out of keep 2 dead guards and barrel.

Also i mainly farm for gold, so killing dweeb whites is not all that bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]