Diablo® III

Do you all kill normal monsters?

1 : When do I Farm? : 95% of the time,pub some when bored.

2 : I kill everything,open all chests,break all barrels etc.. If soloing w MF set,I have 29 yard pickup,so I scoop all the gold :)

6-700? hours,7 chars at 60,have yet to find a single useful Legendary,(or one worth listing on the AH) and not ONE SINGLE SET piece yet!!!! My luck blows,but the 2 people remaining on my friend list haven't found a set either,and one has yet to find a legendary of any kind..RNG is RNG my A$$
Reply Quote
For those who are still wondering why some poeple can farm more legendaries than you for the same amount of time spent, here is the truth.

My barb is at MF 202% and I can consistently farm one legendary every 3 hours without using WW or Wotb. I am able to do that because I don't kill everything instead I run straight to elites. It is a complete waste of time to kill small monsters for legendary as you need to kill thousands to get one legendary but you need to kill hundreds of elites to get one legendary.

I only collect gold ahead of me, I don't pick up rares below level 62 and I never open chests in order to keep runnng. Chests, gold and rares become jokes when you can consistently find a legenday that can sell 10M+.

If you have carefully read this post, congratuations your life will be changed.
Edited by FTW#1196 on 10/1/2012 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When you start trying to do everything the most efficient way possible, it's a sign that the game's no longer fun.

I play games to have fun, not work them. As long as I'm enjoying myself I'll keep playing. When I start having to time everything out and find the most efficient way to do it, it's now work.

Once the game stops being "play", I stop playing.

So I don't worry about the fact that killing everything in my path isn't as fast as simply searching for each elite group, or that it takes time to sell all those blues. As long as I'm having fun, that's all that matters. And as long as the game doesn't require me to be "efficient", it can be fun.
Reply Quote
I kill everything that moves, just out of principle more than anything, nothing I hate more than kiting an elite pack backwards to run into a trash mob that I missed.
The only thing I don't bother with is goblins if they start running through multiple elite packs. This is where followers really annoy me, I like to find a goblin, clear a path in all directions then go back for it but if a follower hits it before I've cleared, all hell breaks lose.
Edited by TrippyHippy#1819 on 10/1/2012 10:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
1.) When you farm? Do you clear everything or run and find champions?

I kill everything I find while I am out hunting. I like to kill stuff. A lot.

2.) Do you open up normal chests, bodies, barrels, ect?

I smash anything and everything that can be smashed but only open normal containers if they are right in front of me.

3.) Do you pick up all gold or leave smaller stack sizes to rot?

Gold will only get me to back track if it is a shiny enough pile, but in general I try to vacuum everything. Sanctuary has enough problems of its own and doesn’t need my litter after all.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Grimiku

I smash anything and everything that can be smashed but only open normal containers if they are right in front of me.

Gold will only get me to back track if it is a shiny enough pile, but in general I try to vacuum everything. Sanctuary has enough problems of its own and doesn’t need my litter after all.

A lot of people are going to enter this thread only to find this. Oh well.
Reply Quote

This is going on Facebook! Excellent! Btw, you forgot to answer "do you pick up all blues to sell or wait for only the yellows?
Reply Quote
1. I kill everything!!
2. I smash everything!!
3. gold.. eh i try to pick up all the big clusters

But I am currently trying to gain exp. If i were to farm for legendaries i would skip a lot of all the useless crap. But even when I go through almost everything it takes 30 minutes to clear the entirety of act 3.
Reply Quote
View profile

1) I clear everything from trash to elites.

2) I destroy all environmental elements and I flip over all corpses.

3) I leave nothing including piles of 1g. Every little bit counts.
Reply Quote
I skip everything and kill goblins only. I only care for goblins. There needs to be more goblins and pandas.
Reply Quote

At 60, it pays to smash and kill everything.

Before 60, there is ZERO value in going out of your way to break an urn, check a chest, kill a mob, or attack an elite. I'll be honest, the game is built to totally ignore everything until 60 and patch 1 dot something pretty much made that happen. The developers removed good loot from urns, they removed good loot from armor or weapon stands, they nerfed drops of decent gear from any mob unless you have a five stack of nephalem or are working towards your paragon level.

The loot just isn't worth pursuing unless it drops right in front of you.

This is your game and that's why a lot of people think it sucks. Loot prior to a five stack of nephalem valor and high paragon level is just craptastic. If there is a mob in my way toward the end boss of an act in normal, nightmare, or hell... i kill it, but rarely bother picking up the loot it drops because i know it's gonna be worthless other than selling it to a vendor or salvaging it (but lets face it, there is zero reason to bother crafting any items short of the rare recipes that drop in inferno).

The game is fun once there is something to play for... but 1-60? Nope... worthless junk and not worth going out of your way to explore or pick up an item or kill a mob as you make your way toward the end boss of an act.
Edited by briarben#1697 on 10/1/2012 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I farm when I want money for some reason, or my char is not powerful enough against some foe, or I want to search for legendary or set itens. I try to clear everything...chest can drop rare items and trash mobs can drop legendaries.

Mostly I look for chests. Bodies, barrels, etc, unlike chests, can drop nothing. It's a waste of time, since there is a possiblity of no drop, the drop rate becomes even lower than normal...

3.) Do you pick up all gold or leave smaller stack sizes to rot?[/quote]

Pickup all gold and blue items to sell, to repair my equips is too expensive.
Edited by rafastv#1928 on 10/1/2012 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When I'm farming, I kill everything, unless it's in act 2. I won't spend all day chasing down those wasps, but everything else is fair game. I generally hit all dungeons, picking up all the coin and any rares ilvl 61 and up. Same goes for act 3, but I only recently got gear good enough to go all the way through. I just pick a chapter in either act that's as far in as I want to go so I'm not slowed down by the storyline, then start at the beginning and burn through it all. I do all three levels under the keep, and I've found a couple of nice legendaries and a set item on level 2, so I don't mind the kamikaze goblins.
Reply Quote
i disagree with every little bit counts answers. The time it takes to pick up/id/vendor and get back into action, and the amount of money you would need to buy something of worth would take far too long. I did that for a solid month is how i came to this conclusion.
Reply Quote
1) i farm. i npced.

2) read no 1.
Reply Quote
1) I farm because that's all there is to do in this game. I sometimes run only champs, but mostly do full run killing everything, mainly because the some of the best legendary items that have every dropped for me came from normal creeps. the first one was a storm shield with good stats (29 block, 60+ all res and some str) which sold for 10m in under 5 minutes. it dropped from a normal "fallen" in act2 i wasn't even on 5 stack valor yet. And a bat in one of the caves of act 2 gave me a butcher's sickle, socketed with crit dmg% 60+ and life steal 2+% around 700dps. sometimes i wonder why I still bother with champs. A goldskin dropped from act 3 in a cave, normal creep...

2)yeah I open everything just because. good friend of mine got a "gibinn" from a pot so...

3)blues to sell but often find blues with high mf/gf for ah vending. I'm patient enough to keep going back to town for repairs and selling blues. with my WD on goldskin +gf gear i have frequently seen 3k gold stacks so yeah i pretty much loot everything...
Reply Quote
don't lose faith.

i had a legendary drop for me off a white mob in stonefort without NV.

I'm lvl 31 paragon and had a 31% MF gem in helm.

it can happen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]