Diablo® III

Do you all kill normal monsters?

1.) When you farm? Do you clear everything or run and find champions?
When I can. Kill everything.

2.) Do you open up normal chests, bodies, barrels, ect?
Only when I feel like it.

3.) Do you pick up all gold or leave smaller stack sizes to rot?
Rot.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Raserei

Act 1, I ignore normal mobs and find champions.
Act 2+, I kill everything. champs are hard enough by themselves, I don't want to have trash mobs hitting me during the fight. Only exception to that I guess is when I play my WD.
My summons can tank everything while I kill the trash mobs, so it isn't a big problem. I ignore a bit more on that class.

I open chest, nothing else. Unless there's an animation ( leah blasting belial's door, stuff like that ) in which case I break stuff/loot whatever there is to loot.

Depends how lazy/tired I am, and how far the stack is.
I usually try to get all 100+ gold stacks.
But if they're too far away, I let them rot. I'm pretty sure it's not very profitable ( gold/hour ) to run after low gold stacks, and most of all, it's boring.

I pick all blues tho. I never really counted if it was profitable, but well, it's really fast. tele, sell every blue, tele back. Takes 20 seconds to make maybe 10k gold, it's a good rate.
Reply Quote
It is easier for me to believe that superman exist and Santa Claus lives in north pole, before anything you just post about the game.

what?

why would they lie about their gaming habits?

You're a tool.
Reply Quote

1. As a rule, I kill everything, full Act map clear, starting the end boss quest then clearing until not a living soul is left.

However, with Furious Charge being so broken right now, I won't be able to fit a full clear in, I will inevitably be stuck, invulnerable, can't loot. Need to restart game and loose my stacks. For this reason I now cherry pick the cream from the map, it's not a way I like to play but it is the best of two evils and makes the game less frustrating.

2. I used to open everything, but when the nerfs hit it became pretty pointless. I do however wear fire walkers now which pop bone piles etc for me, just how empty they are is quite amusing.

3. As Blizzard in their wisdom decided to unify gold and globe pick-up in one stat, I have no radius. This is simply because globe pick-up is detrimental to me, I don't want to be soaking up globes when I don't need them. This means that many a good find is ruined because of this stupid stat. It also means that I need to run over gold piles sometimes more than once, for that reason, I pretty much ignore gold and pick up only what I happen to by chance.
I find it unbelievable that rather than realize pairing such a detrimental stat as globe radius with a beneficial is bad, they repeat it again with the new 1.0.5 shrines.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Grimiku

I kill everything I find while I am out hunting. I like to kill stuff. A lot.

I smash anything and everything that can be smashed but only open normal containers if they are right in front of me.

Gold will only get me to back track if it is a shiny enough pile, but in general I try to vacuum everything. Sanctuary has enough problems of its own and doesn’t need my litter after all.

This is the cheesiest reply I have ever seen on a Diablo forum. Almost makes me question whether if Blizzard employees actually play their own game.
Reply Quote
1) kill everything
2) smash/open everything
3) collect everything on the ground except white item
Reply Quote
1. I kill everything!
I have it in my head that; that 1 mob that I miss will have some uber loot on in and I missed it lol.
Just on this, all the Legendary & Set items that I have found have come from normal mobs. Have not got a single one from a Rare or Champ pack.

2. Pretty much smash/open everything as well.
For the same reason as above, that 1 that I miss is going to have something good in it. I just know it :)

3. I pick up all gold & all blues & above.
If I had more space so I didn't need to go back to town as much. I wouldn't leave a thing on the ground.
Edited by Drakkon#1763 on 10/2/2012 2:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i have the habbit of searching every nook and crammy of a dungeon and killing everything and breaking everything i see regardless of its worth it or not. i blame the zelda games for this bad habbit. breaking stuff is just so fun
Edited by Ballistixz#1552 on 10/2/2012 2:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Grimiku

Gold will only get me to back track if it is a shiny enough pile, but in general I try to vacuum everything. Sanctuary has enough problems of its own and doesn’t need my litter after all.

At least we all agree that gold is trash.
Edited by GreenY#1269 on 10/2/2012 2:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
wooho im not the only one here who farm killing lots :D and not any leg or set find 8)
once i got 5valor stuck 5 goblins in a row hehe lots of elite kill 398%MF 250%GF do run 10x per day over and over 1Act use my Templar as a living shield [thats is so fun :) ] kill regular monster to get some extra gold or rare :D and u know whot i got %$##$#@#$#$%#$%
but its fun hehehe im thinks gona do run in public at normal dificulity and do freee GIVE all wot i find xD
Reply Quote
1) i clear big groups of monsters only, + champs/elites

2) i only open resplendent chests

3) i leave smaller stack sizes to rot

THIS.... AS A WW BARB...i notice i never get a legendary/set item on a normal mob...so screw them and play like Alkaizer style!...
Reply Quote

1) smash every crap that stands in my way as normal creeps tend to drop legendaries more than the elites weirdly
2) only chests
3) i don't, cause good items can give way more gold compared to the small stacks dropped. I focus fast kill, fast moving and clearing fast, turning back and circling back to pick up small bits of gold is not an option

Additional 4) do i pick up blues and all rares?

No i don't. I only focus level 61+ items(rare only) pickup in my run as i dont like making trip back to sell and come back for fight, waste of precious minutes farming
Reply Quote

I kill most of trash mobs to keep archon going.

No.

Only big stacks.
Reply Quote
Yes I kill, open, loot, break and pick up EVERYTHING on my runs. Usually why I run solo when I farm, because other people just skip to elite and only pick up higher lvl rares.
Reply Quote

I kill everything except event monsters since they don't give paragon exp.

I do because they might drop gold. [or a good item] ^^

I pick up everything. Every bit of gold counts.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
1) Kill only big groups and run for elites
2) Open almost everything as i found two legends since i play
3) Leave golds below 70 to rot
Reply Quote

I usually clear everything. I'd love a mode where you could have LOTS more normal mobs but no champions, just the occasional named purple. Sort of a "zergling horde" mode. :)

Of course! I also love destructibles, it's fun watching chain electrocute rip through a room full of barrels and statues and stuff.

Anything bigger than a single digit gets hoovered up. :)
Edited by Amrynel#6773 on 10/2/2012 4:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I kill every single monster in the map, except for that single fallen who ran away the opposite direction.

I also break everything that I can to pick up gold and stuff.

I've gotten most of my legendaries and sets from white mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]