Diablo® III

Do you all kill normal monsters?

hey blues quick question do you play a wizard because you just !@#$ed the class
Reply Quote
1.) When you farm? Do you clear everything or run and find champions?

When I farm, my goal is to kill Rares / Elites / Champs / Bosses, however I kill anything in my path and cover the entire map. Over time I develop a method or path that takes me to the most likely Elite locations first then weave along the unexplored lines until the map is completed. I AM A BIG FAN of clearing secondary quest areas such as caves and barracks since my looting luck has been better in those locations.

2.) Do you open up normal chests, bodies, barrels, ect?

I open and break everything. Gold is good and that darn loot 100,000,000 gold achievement is still a long way away. I have also had more luck opening these then my mates.

3.) Do you pick up all gold or leave smaller stack sizes to rot?

The pile needs to be pretty small for me to leave it. Every gold piece counts towards the gold looting achievement that I am working on. I only loot yellows no exceptions. Sure the odd great blue gets away but overall they are a waste of my time and effort since so many people are color picky anyway.

Oh, and when I level I do it speed run style killing only quest item mobs and such. I skip all elites and everything unless they are a threat to my life. My goal is to finish each act in an hour when leveling.
Edited by onlinegaming#1966 on 10/2/2012 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
13 Legendaries to date, 3 of them came from Elites. The rest came from White mobs and Destructibles. Yes, I kill/break everything.
Reply Quote

I kill everything I find while I am out hunting. I like to kill stuff. A lot.

I smash anything and everything that can be smashed but only open normal containers if they are right in front of me.

Gold will only get me to back track if it is a shiny enough pile, but in general I try to vacuum everything. Sanctuary has enough problems of its own and doesn’t need my litter after all.

Are you !@#$ing kidding me how about you answer us some of really important questions instead? Im 100% certain you dont play this game, you would be pissed as well how your devs are handling this game...
How about you ignore every %^-*ing thread? Now im pissed to see some cm is reading forum but with the intention to ignore the real questions nice work as cm.

Whats your problem kid? Go outside and take a deep breath dude. I'd do the exact same thing just to piss people like you off if I worked for blizzard. Anything I said would make hundreds of people mad no matter what. That's hilarious! I really hope you're just trolling and aren't actually that mad, but if you are, I'm sorry man. hahaha
Edited by Devious#1108 on 10/2/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
kill em all. open everything. even smash urns in crypts. pick up every pile of gold. explore almost every fragment of map. ive found pretty good item drop points in random, usually ignored areas. so anything can drop everywhere and i always need gold lol.
Reply Quote
@devious, some questions are more difficult to answer for blues. they probably dont want to answer us the wrong way or be too presumptuous. seems they like to keep as neutral and out of the fire as possible. i mean, just look at this thread as an example. a simple questionare the cm decided to reply to, and he is criticised for even responding lol. we re a very aggressive community, some much more than others. if they answer just one question wrong or use the wrong word in a reply, everyone is all over it. our questions will be answered in time, im sure.
Reply Quote
Depends on your class honestly. As a DH, I can kill all normal mobs will stutter stepping forward, I can see how a monk may not want to as it wastes plenty of time.

My favorite part of this series was the breaking and busting of everything and the potential to actually get items from them.

This is worse then fallout (99% time gathering items, changing weight, stealing and stashing). When they made barrels and such unable to drop items I wanted to end it all, such a staple to the franchise was the breakables. I know it is impossible to fix without giving botters way to much to work with.

Anyway, as my ranged DH, I kill and break everything as it is not as time consuming.
Reply Quote
smash Jay smash
L0L
Reply Quote
Ans: I clear everything and anything i can smash. My legendaries come from white mobs.

Ans: Open all that is possible to open coz I get legendaries even on weapon racks.

Ans: Pickup small or large gold. Its there anyways along my way.
Reply Quote
i clear specific zones only
i open every chest and break anything in sight
i didnt feel like wasting an affix for radius pickup so i leave smaller
stacks to rot
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Raserei

I clear each area one-by-one.

I open every chest, break every barrel, turn every stone.

I pick up all gold, blue, light blue, rare, and legendary items.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 01:32 PMPosted by eternalite7
@devious, some questions are more difficult to answer for blues. they probably dont want to answer us the wrong way or be too presumptuous. seems they like to keep as neutral and out of the fire as possible. i mean, just look at this thread as an example. a simple questionare the cm decided to reply to, and he is criticised for even responding lol. we re a very aggressive community, some much more than others. if they answer just one question wrong or use the wrong word in a reply, everyone is all over it. our questions will be answered in time, im sure.

That wasn't me saying that. I was quoting the guy who was angry about blue posts. I'm glad they keep it neutral. That guy doesn't realize that. But it makes him angry, and it makes me laugh.
Reply Quote
1. ) When you farm? Do you clear everything or run and find champions?

When I farm, I start the act from the beginning (except for act 1) and play all of the way to the end of the act. I clear the entire act, so literally when I am done there is not even one monster left to kill. The only monsters that should be skipped-but can't be-are the bosses, because out of however many boss kills I have only found two legendaries and neither was any good (warden and siegebreaker). Honestly, I cannot say if I have ever gotten an legendary from an elite (I am sure one or two at least, maybe during co-op) as I cannot explicitly remember getting one. I have found a legendary on a weapon rack once, and in the jar of souls one time (I would love to know how those will roll after the patch when the rolls are to be based on the monster it dropped from). The rest of the fifteen to twenty legendaries all came from regular or white monsters, and that includes the four set pieces that I have found. Elite packs have not been good to me, so I kill everything.

I open everything, and break everything. I have found one legendary on a weapon rack, and one in the jar of souls. I do this more for gold and experience than for items.

Yeah I pick it all up. I've only a few small piles that would require a large loop-around. Movement speed and teleport help make it quicker to do so.

If you are having trouble trying to find legendaries, then I would suggest being more thorough. It's a numbers game. The more enemies you kill the more chances, gold, and experience you will get. Don't be afraid to use your gold to just buy what you want. More experience leads to a higher paragon level which leads to finding more items. If you only go for elites, then you will never level up.
Reply Quote

Everything - got almost all my legendaries AND set items off normal mobs (about 30 now since patch)

Chests - I open all, I skip some bodies and barrels though, but I break most of them

I pick all the gold and ALL blue items (btw thanks to those players whom throw out 1k+ gold blues they really make up for my repairs).
Reply Quote
usually, but only because theyre in my way. i occasionally get a nugget of loot out of them, but for the most part theyre more like the destructible debris that litters dungeons and sewers than any real source of loot or progress.
Reply Quote

I'd kill the birds if I could.

Yep I open everything, destroy everything, search every body, etc..

I even pick up stacks of 10, because who knows, maybe you need 10 more gold to buy a legendary and while you log in, kill a monster, log out and go to the AH the item has already been sold and you wanna cut off your balls.
Edited by Ometius#1366 on 10/2/2012 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really don't farm as farming in not fun but I clear the whole map even on the corners and open all chest, smash all stuff and move all the stones. But more importantly for me, is killing monsters and killing them with different classes.
Reply Quote

Yes.

Mangos.

Gooby pls.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 12:30 AMPosted by Katsukaze
i had a legendary drop for me off a white mob in stonefort without NV.

All 11+ (I stopped counting after 11) and 4 set items I've found have all come from white mobs, and barrels. Relying on Elites seems more reliable, but it's just foolish with the recent changes to white mob drop rates.
Edited by Seraphi#1863 on 10/2/2012 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]