Diablo® III

Do you all kill normal monsters?

10/01/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Hellfell
A lot of people are going to enter this thread only to find this. Oh well.
He answered the questions. Why is that a bad thing?
Reply Quote
1.) When you farm? Do you clear everything or run and find champions?

2.) Do you open up normal chests, bodies, barrels, ect?

3.) Do you pick up all gold or leave smaller stack sizes to rot?

1) when farming i kill everything in view.

2) nope, chests (even res) bodies and barrels are all just a trick to fool the bads into wasting their time. if you even so much as stop running to THINK about clicking on one you have already failed much less if you actually take the time to click. don't even get me started on all the poop that falls to the ground, the sanitary problems displayed in this thread are apalling... peeps picking up ilvl 60-62 armors (that aren't class spec or jewelry) or even worse, the idiots picking up blues... i cringe just thinking about it.

3) only really run for 1k+ piles and even that i'll ditch if i have to go more than a step or 2 (damnit i need some p/u radius).
Reply Quote

I kill everything I find while I am out hunting. I like to kill stuff. A lot.

I smash anything and everything that can be smashed but only open normal containers if they are right in front of me.

Gold will only get me to back track if it is a shiny enough pile, but in general I try to vacuum everything. Sanctuary has enough problems of its own and doesn’t need my litter after all.

10/01/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Hellfell
A lot of people are going to enter this thread only to find this. Oh well.

Sad yes?
Reply Quote
when I'm bored, only clear the large group of mobs and those with elite/champiam pack.

not all

only 1k above.. i got no pick up radius D:
Reply Quote
1.) Generally kill everythign in my path. This doesn't mean i explore every nook. But i dont run past thigns to get to champions

2.) If its in my way i usually smash it, if the chest is next to me i open it. But ive run past plenty of barrels, and ive run past plenty of chests. With the nerfs, these are mostly a waste of time, but its fun to smash things....

3.) I pick up most of the gold stacks, however if its behind me and its double or single diget, i usually leave it.

I can say one thing its extremly annoying to play the game with 0 pickup radius! lots of gold piles getting stuck in geometry and time wasted trying to get them etc. They really need to raise the default radius to like 2 or 3 yards instead of 0 heh.
Edited by Caladel#1386 on 10/2/2012 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It depends whether I'm in a group or by myself. When by myself however I do clear levels by killing everything on the map, break everything I can find just cuz its fun, and pick up EVERYTHING including trash white items to vendor and add to my gold. When with a group though I just go along with whatever the group is doing and most times will leave behind white items but pick up everything else and vendor it. I do wait until after the game to ID everything so I don't waste the time of the group.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Grimiku

Interesting . Tell us more.
Reply Quote
I kill everything that I see, open every chest I get close to, pick up everything blue and above, and have a pickup radius something over 30... any more questions?
Reply Quote
Basically when I have time.
Yes, I clear everything and kill 'em all

No

Yes, my gear has 21 yards pickup radius. So pick-up all gold is not my problem.
Reply Quote
waste of time, no
Reply Quote
If it's a large enough clump, I'll kill everything. In Arreat 2, I'll kill the Occultists because if they follow me they make elite kills more difficult so they're worth the time to kill since if they're not shielded they're super easy.

I try to break things so long as they're on my path. I've gotten set items from the piles of bones in the tower, so I believe they're worth it overall.

I pick up what is easy to pick up. If I'm running right by a few stacks, even if they're less than 1K, I'll grab them. If they're all around the room, I'll just leave them.

I'm not super rich or anything, I'd just rather do more runs than make the most out of each one. I do the Alkaizer runs in about 25 minutes because I'm slightly more thorough but since they're so compact, I feel like it makes sense to just skip over the small things.
Reply Quote

When I encounter any threats I run away because they are a waste of my time and I don't want to pay any repair costs.

As long as there are no threats nearby, I will open barrels and chests - if they are guarded, I just move along until I can find something easier to open. I never get anything good out of chests or crates but I'm hoping because I sell blues and yellows to vendor that sometime next year I'll be able to afford a weapon from the AH.

Since I'm avoiding creatures, I don't get too many piles of gold except I still pickup the 2 or 3 random piles of gold that can be found such as at the start of the crater act3. If I get killed and cannot afford repair costs, I like to restart act3/crater over and over and it's like usually almost 2,000 gold laying on the ground per game I can get right near a gate! I make big bank when doing this (sometimes as much as 50k an hour!!)
Edited by Svendre#1554 on 10/2/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Kill all humans !!!

Wait, what? oh.

I kill/search/pick up everything

why?

first legendary
Nightmare, act 2, killing a normal forsaken.

Not the greatest legendary, but it is one.
Reply Quote
i do everything, everywhere. some of the best yellows ive found have been from regular chests and regular mobs. and before it was patched i found a legendary out of a barrel.
Reply Quote
i get most of my legendaries from lone white mobs (ie: the big worms), normal chests and the destructible bone piles
Reply Quote
Yes to all three, I kill, open, and pick up everything I can. But I'm quite in hell yet. so you might not think this post matters.
Reply Quote
1. I farm 99% of the time now. Clear mostly everything, including breakable stuff. But definitely look for those champion packs. My opinion: Farming feels rewarding. I agree with briarben:
...I'll be honest, the game is built to totally ignore everything until 60...
Mixed feelings about farming... feel like i do it because I have to, and yet it doesn't feel challenging, it doesn't engage me. I want rewards from challenges and being more engaged in gameplay through different mechanics.
2. Yea I open up most things - crossing fingers hoping for loot! mostly gems and gold.. meh.
3. I pickup most gold stacks. definitely avoid those random low <100 stacks.
Reply Quote
I smash and kill everything. It's a looting game right.......
Reply Quote
1) I kill all mobs and occasionally I also skill on players in my party (it's funny!)

2) Anything

3) I collect also the gold of 1
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Grimiku

I smash anything and everything that can be smashed but only open normal containers if they are right in front of me.

Gold will only get me to back track if it is a shiny enough pile, but in general I try to vacuum everything. Sanctuary has enough problems of its own and doesn’t need my litter after all.

More a list of how Blizzard want you to play. They are hardly gona tell you they use the same farming spots everyone does.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]