Diablo® III

Now This IS Loot

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/6957/2012092800001.jpg
Reply Quote
I guess you're probably one of the people I was just playing with - Mick 20 something Engineer, but spot on. I was a higher level than recommended for the area and still came out with good stuff.
Reply Quote
Damn right! Got TL2 today. My first thought upon playing the game was, "where have YOU been the past ten years?" Freaking masterful.
Reply Quote
Dude. You got one blue and one green. Elite monsters in D3 drop more than that.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Begaria

He's just trying to show how the sheer quantity of loot exceeds D3's...TL2 isn't afraid to create loot explosions before the final boss.

Tellin' ya, man, give TL2 a try. You don't know what you're missing. Until today I was hesitant. Now I'm converted. :)
Reply Quote
But I already played Diablo 2 :\
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Begaria
But I already played Diablo 2 :\

TL2 is the first game to make D2 feel obsolete. D3 is a decent game, but Diablo it ain't.
Reply Quote
It's all small amounts of gold though.
Reply Quote
That's my phase beast! Damn I love those things. Got two oranges at once which was EPIC... If they had matched my class. Oh well eventually I will create a second toon and there they will be in the loot chest.
Reply Quote
Trying to overprotect D3 more ??, now i know that you really got payed for saying that....
Reply Quote

And how many of what you find on a D3 elite is actually useful for your character?
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Incarmine

And how many of what you find on a D3 elite is actually useful for your character?

Except that at the top levels of play your actual variance in loot is very small. As you progress further and further in the game, the amount of loot that is useful for your character shrinks, very quickly. Unfortunately, the accepted reality is Act 3-4 Diablo 3 is basically end endgame. As in there is a wall here you cannot pass (hehehe Gandalf). The chance you have to get that perfectly rolled item is abysmally small. So basically you are an endgame character, looking to build on a very small amount of endgame equipment that is viable.

The problem is, we are only 2 weeks into Torchlight II, it will happen in this game too. You will reach the endgame (level 100 in this case) an the item upgrades will stop flowing in and youll start farming. It has already started. Ive seen posts in other threads where people go You can do X area with Y to get better items. If you really believe when you reach the same level of endgame in both games and expect something magnificently different, you have deluded yourself. The problem is Torchlight is designed to make the endgame further in terms of levels. However, its still a grind as you get to 100 to get to your maximum loot potential.

I understand, if you found the RMAH disgusting, hated online only, dont even agree with the GAH, I am glad you have found a game closer to your tastes. Personally, Torchlight 2 was a dud for me. However, deluding yourself into believing at the extreme endgame that TLII will be any different from D3 is some sort of fallacy you have convinced yourself of. EVen DIablo 2 at the extreme endgame had an upper limit that could only be improved by random rares that might replace a unique. However, rares in that game were actually, much rarer then in D3, making them seem more relevant as when you got that godly item, it felt godly.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 06:15 AMPosted by Diosys
However, deluding yourself into believing at the extreme endgame that TLII will be any different from D3 is some sort of fallacy you have convinced yourself of. EVen DIablo 2 at the extreme endgame had an upper limit that could only be improved by random rares that might replace a unique.

Have to disagree here. D3's endgame is quite different from D2's. TL2 might be closer to D2's. I have no idea - I am stuck in BL2. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]