Diablo® III

TL2 Boring already

45 hours played Im bored of TL2 already .

900 hours playing In D3 I would still play it if the loot wasnt UTTER !@#$ POO WEES
Reply Quote
try minecraft
Reply Quote

900 hours playing In D3 I would still play it if the loot wasnt UTTER !@#$ POO WEES

Pretty sure D3 destroyed that experience for you, i'm practically drained of ARPG's altogether, D3 isn't the only ARPG i've been playing (and no I haven't played POE)
Reply Quote

Pretty sure D3 destroyed that experience for you, i'm practically drained of ARPG's altogether, D3 isn't the only ARPG i've been playing (and no I haven't played POE)

I think the only reason I played D3 for so long was that inferno was super hard at first and good loot was super hard to obtain .

But now that I beat inferno I have almost no incentive to play at all .
Reply Quote
I think the only reason I played D3 for so long was that inferno was super hard at first and good loot was super hard to obtain .

But now that I beat inferno I have almost no incentive to play at all .

I wouldn't consider game where loot took forever to gain be good at all, especially if it amounts to nothing vs. every other player out there. The game is 4 players at max. Is not an MMO, therefore loot should be at least DECENT or mediocre. To be grind and farm-like for hours on end with nothing to show is just weak design. There isn't any competition at all to compare vs. someone else other than a race at how "far" you've played into the game.

The no incentive to play after beating Inferno is justified very well because there's nothign to do after Inferno. Inferno isn't endgame, it's just another difficulty. What was your incentive after you beat normal nightmare and hell? To get to the next difficulty of course. It's just a psychological suck-in for those who think D3 has more after normal.

normal is practically 90% of the game's content already.

I've played single player games like Disgaea where you can take 900 hours to grind yourself to level 9999 or for super drops at extremely low rates or you can take a skilled route by pumping up and levelling your weapons and drop chances with lower items and voting to level monsters up to make them much harder to speed you way up there, then you rebirth yourself back to level 1 and have a % of your stats carry over and such. very complicated system, there's more to it than just that.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 10/1/2012 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
So it's Diablo 3's fault that he's bored with TL2? Okay. . .
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Ryaskybird

900 hrs in one and 45 in the other it's very clear what game he likes.
Reply Quote
61 hours and still having fun. Only really played one class (Engineer though I've dabbled with the others) and haven't touched New Game+ or Mapworks. Just been clearing the game with different Engineer specs. Halfway through Act 3 on my elemental tank Engineer. Was rough early on but it's gotten so much better and more fun since 42 that I'm thinking about taking her to NG+ and beyond.

Could cheat and just try them out but that takes the fun out of it.
Reply Quote
61 hours and still having fun. Only really played one class (Engineer though I've dabbled with the others) and haven't touched New Game+ or Mapworks. Just been clearing the game with different Engineer specs. Halfway through Act 3 on my elemental tank Engineer. Was rough early on but it's gotten so much better and more fun since 42 that I'm thinking about taking her to NG+ and beyond.

Could cheat and just try them out but that takes the fun out of it.

im just abt the same area as an embermage just killed a big dragon... running arcbeam locus chaos build w/ ice priison very very laser-like.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 02:33 AMPosted by KradisZ
im just abt the same area as an embermage just killed a big dragon... running arcbeam locus chaos build w/ ice priison very very laser-like.

Laserz pew pew! I was going to go Embermage as my next class but I've found so many Berserker uniques that I think I should go with a Berserker.

In case this kind of stuff interests you, this is the build I'm working on. Obviously not quite there yet in game since I'm only 45. Been doing a 3/2 (Focus/Vit) stat distribution.

http://torchlight2armory.com/skill-calc?i=3#gMBMyEgByHxSSrrDDSxt09HPIhbWYTnoiDO

In game character

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576716632385703718/60727F65C4E52A7EE558A7BAB8C934D620BD5701/

Jumping around with Onslaught, dropping a Seismic Slam followed by a Dynamo Field with Emberquake as needed. Lots of fun darting around the screen smashing stuff. Sometimes I get too excited and forget about Forcefield, which is ridiculously good. Even on multiplayer the mobs take a long time to chew through it's absorption if it's a fully charged one.

On a side note, a guy in another thread talking out his !@# claiming Focus was useless on an Eng. Looks like he was wrong huh? lulz

Edit: Forgot to mention what made this build rough in the beginning was not spending points in Strength. This forced me to wait to reach the level requirements on most gear instead of being able to use it earlier by meeting the stat point requirements. It payed off in the long run with really good elemental damage that scales better that if I was strength based.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 10/2/2012 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Laserz pew pew! I was going to go Embermage as my next class but I've found so many Berserker uniques that I think I should go with a Berserker.

In case this kind of stuff interests you, this is the build I'm working on. Obviously not quite there yet in game since I'm only 45. Been doing a 3/2 (Focus/Vit) stat distribution.

http://torchlight2armory.com/skill-calc?i=3#gMBMyEgByHxSSrrDDSxt09HPIhbWYTnoiDO

In game character

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576716632385703718/60727F65C4E52A7EE558A7BAB8C934D620BD5701/

Jumping around with Onslaught, dropping a Seismic Slam followed by a Dynamo Field with Emberquake as needed. Lots of fun darting around the screen smashing stuff. Sometimes I get too excited and forget about Forcefield, which is ridiculously good. Even on multiplayer the mobs take a long time to chew through it's absorption if it's a fully charged one.

On a side note, a guy in another thread talking out his !@# claiming Focus was useless on an Eng. Looks like he was wrong huh? lulz

LOL YOU HAVE THE SAME SHIELD AS ME HAHA I found that just today in Act 3.
Damn wtf that sword you have. My wand is only like 244 but does like 700 damage physical over 5 seconds.
I don't have screenshots on me its on desktop, im on laptop atm.
Lol yess i'm more famous then you :P I'm at Memorable I think it was Remarkable. or something, like 2 ranks past Widely Known

Here's my build it gets fking messy and colorful.

http://torchlight2armory.com/skill-calc?i=2#gBqqAWbY-lpy4cEeLPl-ZRgSgFW7b8h75A0U5CoKbu80

my combo generaly starts with a thunder locus on a screen somewhere and i frost phase dance around it then when enemy is standing on it i Ice Prison it so it stays stuck w/ the thing, then I shockbolt like 5 times and bolts fly everywhere and chaos wond procs like 5-6 times and you get massive colors everywhere or meteors/fire/acid dropping like no tomorrow. then as the bolts travel there slowly i switch to beam and add extra firepower and if i get the lucky proc on death by the arcbeam it procs the split and we get a lightshow as well.

WORKS EXTREMELY WELL IN CORNERS. I play on Elite difficulty solo'ed from beginning to where i'm at, 0 console use.

everytime i play i'm too busy LMAO.

as for focus or stats, i don't think any of them are useless for any class they just give you derivatives to build something unique for your own style of play.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 10/2/2012 3:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Haha, that sounds pretty awesome. I've apparently not played coop with an Embermage that uses that build as I'm sure I'd remember a light show like that :P

As for the sword, I got that from transmuting some uniques I gambled. I'm guessing the really high dps comes from the combination of physical and fire damage (as a base) then adding the physical damage mod and the fire damage gem. Not sure if it factors in the -Armor mod though. Funnily enough, the weapon dps isn't really all that important to me. Everything dies from the elemental damage I'm doing from my spells. If I found a lower dps weapon with some +Electric or +Fire damage I'd use that in a heartbeat.

I do wish I had more fame though. Those extra points would be nice to have. Guessing I missed some dungeons/quests when playing coop which in turn caused me to miss out on a fair bit of fame. I also don't reroll my map for farming either so I'm stuck with what I got. :/

10/02/2012 03:09 AMPosted by KradisZ
as for focus or stats, i don't think any of them are useless for any class they just give you derivatives to build something unique for your own style of play.

Absolutely. Your build determines the stats you'd benefit from the most. Of course, ya gotta plan ahead (unless you use console, which I don't).
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 10/2/2012 3:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ah.
i have some level 14 gloves i've been using and i'm like level 49 now? LOL low level equipment viability whoever heard of it right?

since my embermage was mostly electric the gloves i have give +38% electric damage... i don't think i'm ever replacing them LOL...

there's an elemental oasis in act3 taht you're near, i think i gained like 2 fame levels in there, SOOOO many elementals ALL purple named. try to find it, it's a big optional dungeon and at the end it was brutal -.-

I don't re-roll my map also. I do clear like everything though before moving forward on main quest. It's really rough on Elite if i don't. I only have like 2k health and guys hit me for 400-1.7k my source of heal are actually scroll spells only too... i have to time them with my pet's heal all, then i heal self, then i heal all as well, because my money is just like dirt poor. sitting at like 7k

good thing there's an actual dodge mechanic in TL2 which d3 doesn't have -_- and by dodge i mean manual skilled movement out of reach dodge.

the best procs for Chaos Wand is the meteor and plasma blast, meteor gives crazy knockback and huge damage, and plasmablast is like instant and does i dont know what kind of damage but it hits hard... like 1.8k and it's instant.. and it splashes around the target small area. not as big as the meteor area. when you have shockbolts its retarded yuo shoot 4 out and they bounce too so they hit more than once and each hit has 26% chance to proc a Chaos Wand effect at rank 9/10 chaoswand.

Sad i didnt find my cobblestone sword T_T mine didn't spawn...

before this electro mage i ran a fire mage
that was funny too haha
firebombs were like melting puddles with elemental attunement to extend durations i just drpped firebombs then flame pillars chased things down like a satellite ion beam, then just fire maced mobs into the puddle and kept them standing there since the hammer stuns like 80% chance for 3s and with 2hstaff lower their resists too.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 10/2/2012 3:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+38% electric damage gloves... /drool. That would push my already beastly Dynamo Field to even more ridiculous levels. It's a 2s DoT that just melts away HP (especially combined with Seismic Slam dot, but that's fire damage over a longer period).

As I move up in levels I'll have to gravitate more towards +fire damage since my biggest attack will be Emberquake and with the tier bonuses giving an additional +20% to the fire damage it will scale ridiculously well. Dynamo still will be my charge builder of course but it's dot will become less useful. Emberquake already is doing more damage, I just don't have the mana regen to really go wild with it just yet. Putting it into my trash clearing "rotation" would force me to drink mana potions more often so it's relegated to named and boss killing for now (which it does really well).
Reply Quote
hmmm. i'm so tempetd to play an engineer now... my stash is full of uniques atm, i was going to make my ninja outlander next or my berserker.. didn't have an incentive to play engy til now..........................
damit... now i'm in a dilemma.

yeah my mana gets trashed in seconds, building up my charge takes a lifetime too.

shockbolts is a shocking 26mana per cast, elemental boon is like 26, my astral ally is like 57 and arcbeam is 28mana/sec channeled thunder locus is my cheapest spell being like 22 and it hits like a truck,

i USED to have 22 mana steal on hit that was AWESOME now it's just reduced to 8 because i needed the shield to live more frequently. every execute was basically 44 mana back.

my mana is only 207.. -_-.. so you know.. it's like good bye all of it in a few seconds. i can cast zombies too for another 34 to create 3 guys with suicidal 2k dmg.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 10/2/2012 3:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Heh, the Elemental Engineer tank is pretty rough going early on. It really doesn't have a whole lot of damage output early on and since it's Focus based, you aren't getting really good Engineer gear until you hit the level requirements. Your only real source of damage early on is Siesmic Slam. Plus the damage doesn't really kick in until the 30s with some solid points in Seismic Slam, Dynamo Field and Fire & Spark. On top of that, you aren't really kicking a powerful Forcefield for defense either.

Veteran is rough, Elite is a pain. It's a build that you have to suffer early for the long term payoff.

...Okay not really suffering, but it requires patience unless you use console to respec later in the game (you miss out on the fun of leveling into a spec though).

As for your mana, good lord you must have some really good mana regen to be putting out all those expensive spells. As an Eng I have my Healbot giving me mana on top of regen from gear and I still have to be careful. Dynamo and Seismic are both around 20 mana. Emberquake is my mana drain at 45 mana.

As for scrolls, I give my pet all the summon scrolls so he has a little army to help out with dps (got lucky with finding some of those). I'm using Barter, Haste, Mana Regen, and Magic Find. I do have a Block one that I can swap in but I'm already close to 50% block so I may not have to.
Reply Quote
Heh, the Elemental Engineer tank is pretty rough going early on. It really doesn't have a whole lot of damage output early on and since it's Focus based, you aren't getting really good Engineer gear until you hit the level requirements. Your only real source of damage early on is Siesmic Slam. Plus the damage doesn't really kick in until the 30s with some solid points in Seismic Slam, Dynamo Field and Fire & Spark. On top of that, you aren't really kicking a powerful Forcefield for defense either.

Veteran is rough, Elite is a pain. It's a build that you have to suffer early for the long term payoff.

...Okay not really suffering, but it requires patience unless you use console to respec later in the game (you miss out on the fun of leveling into a spec though).

As for your mana, good lord you must have some really good mana regen to be putting out all those expensive spells. As an Eng I have my Healbot giving me mana on top of regen from gear and I still have to be careful. Dynamo and Seismic are both around 20 mana. Emberquake is my mana drain at 45 mana.

As for scrolls, I give my pet all the summon scrolls so he has a little army to help out with dps (got lucky with finding some of those). I'm using Barter, Haste, Mana Regen, and Magic Find. I do have a Block one that I can swap in but I'm already close to 50% block so I may not have to.

o dam i want barter.. $$..
i found early levels not to be a problem as long as i only used 3 skill points thanks to small-respec.

electric wands with manasteal are soo good since the hits bounce.. can steal more than once i think.

my electro mage started with the prismatic bolts & the electro gauntlet so it wasn't too bad.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 10/2/2012 4:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 02:21 AMPosted by KradisZ

I hated almost all of those 900 hours

I hated getting vendor trash for 899 hours

I hated grinding act 3 for 800 hours

I hated lag

I hated disconnects

I hated the fact I only played to sell items on RMAH

I hated that I was earning 6 cent an hour playing a boring game
Reply Quote
Have you tried Path of Exile? I personally didn't like it, but it may work for you.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Grailer

I hated almost all of those 900 hours

I hated getting vendor trash for 899 hours

I hated grinding act 3 for 800 hours

I hated lag

I hated disconnects

I hated the fact I only played to sell items on RMAH

I hated that I was earning 6 cent an hour playing a boring game

why didn't you just play a different game or diablo2...? lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]