I hated almost all of those 900 hours

I hated getting vendor trash for 899 hours

I hated grinding act 3 for 800 hours

I hated lag

I hated disconnects

I hated the fact I only played to sell items on RMAH

I hated that I was earning 6 cent an hour playing a boring game

why didn't you just play a different game or diablo2...? lol

wasnt really any games around I could see myself liking at the time .

Borderlands 2 is out now too tho so I might get that .
Reply Quote

why didn't you just play a different game or diablo2...? lol

wasnt really any games around I could see myself liking at the time .

Borderlands 2 is out now too tho so I might get that .

there are many out there if you spent a fraction of the time searching rather than dwelling on d3 you probably would've discovered something of interest sooner or later, indie games aren't widely known and are generally much more innovative than big corporations or big companies like blizzard & ea as examples. They're basically the ninja companies of the industry that release really good games and are hidden until someone discovers it and starts blathering all over the net about it.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/02/2012 06:27 PMPosted by KradisZ
They're basically the ninja companies of the industry that release really good games and are hidden until someone discovers it and starts blathering all over the net about it.

And then they stop being cool as they grow bigger and more successful. It's an endless cycle.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 06:32 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
They're basically the ninja companies of the industry that release really good games and are hidden until someone discovers it and starts blathering all over the net about it.

And then they stop being cool as they grow bigger and more successful. It's an endless cycle.

Sure if they lose their way to money... I don't think ANet has that reputation.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well, Blizzard didn't lose their way to money, that's for sure: had it been the case, they would be playing it safe, but no, they're still taking risks and trying to break the mold. Ironically, in this case, it's the indie alternative (Torchlight II) that turns out to be the most conservative effort.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 10/2/2012 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 06:44 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
Well, Blizzard didn't lose their way to money, that's for sure: had it been the case, they would be playing it safe, but no, they're still taking risks and trying to break the mold. Ironically, in this case, it's the indie alternative (Torchlight II) that turns out to be the most conservative effort.

I feel like they have, NOT disagreeing with you.
It's because of the RMAH being one and D3's patch messages literally revolve around it. Why else would you nerf a 4 player game constantly with such big changes? Every patch always has a twist in regards to things on the RMAH. 10 million copies sold. That's something to brag about, but if with that influx of cash you should be able to fix your game in less then 3 months. Which hasn't occurred thus why I imply the greed they have drowned in. And another expansion to WoW, further milking. Most players since vanilla WoW would agree it's been beating a dead horse since WotLK.

But to stay on topic, sure RMAH was an innovative design to begin with to allow players to trade what they earned for a little something back, but the way they're setting it up and further encouraging ways to do it, it's very greedy. I thought it was cool, now me and friends were like "*whew* thank god we cashed out before everything got nerfed to useless value" and not to mention all the bots that abuse that economy and inflate it massively altogether. With such income from WoW and that massive sales of D3 I conclude that Blizzard falls on Greed, not creation & implementation of innovation. Also on top of that with such big budget their security measures aren't exactly what some would call "great" for their system regarding REAL money.

but that's just IMO.

p.s. Still believes the conspiracy that Blizzard pumps the AH with high-near-max stat items on the RMAH due to its anonymous posting for 100% transaction profits.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 10/2/2012 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Blizzard always takes its sweet time patching and tweaking their games. Always.

As for the greed allegations, I don't buy them: even at its peak, the RMAH just can't be expected to generate big profits because of its optional nature; also, Blizzard is only taking a 15% cut on real-money auction AND the players have the option of using gold instead of real money. It's like calling Valve greedy for having put the equally optional Mann Co Store in TF2.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 10/2/2012 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 06:44 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
Well, Blizzard didn't lose their way to money, that's for sure: had it been the case, they would be playing it safe, but no, they're still taking risks and trying to break the mold.

Umm.. i couldn't disagree more. Please elaborate how you think blizzard(since being acquired by activision) is "breaking the mold" and not just after more money.

This is what i feel....

Starcraft 2,
-1/3 game at full price.

Diablo 3,
-WoW inspired grinding design
-DRM (privacy infringement registration)
-released an unfinished game at full price. (free if you sign up for 1 year WoW = worse!)
Reply Quote
well d3 is boring Tl2 its okay jsut missing something to make the game shine

Now waiting for grimdawn last hope of hack n slash
Reply Quote
well d3 is boring Tl2 its okay jsut missing something to make the game shine

Now waiting for grimdawn last hope of hack n slash

there'll always be another sir, don't be so grim.
Reply Quote
Blizzard always takes its sweet time patching and tweaking their games. Always.

As for the greed allegations, I don't buy them: even at its peak, the RMAH just can't be expected to generate big profits because of its optional nature; also, Blizzard is only taking a 15% cut on real-money auction AND the players have the option of using gold instead of real money. It's like calling Valve greedy for having put the equally optional Mann Co Store in TF2.

15% is a lot. Imagine banks charging you 15% for every transaction you make. Do you how many hours i have to work to get that 15% back?

And the 15% also applies to gold auction house so theres no running from it. RMAH creates an enviroment that gold can easily be traded for real money so you cant deny the value of 15% in gold.
Reply Quote
View profile
Starcraft 2,
-1/3 game at full price.

29-mission campaign and all races playable in multiplayer... Sounds like a complete game to me.

Diablo 3,
-released an unfinished game at full price.

It wouldn't be a Diablo game without grinding. Also, Blizzard *always* releases "unfinished" games at full price. You really think SC1, D2 and WC3 were perfect on release?

As for "breaking the mold", well, all Blizzard had to do was remake D2 with prettier graphics and the game would have still sold like hot cakes. That's essentially what Runic did with TL2.

Instead, they completely revamped combat mechanics, streamlined the skill system, removed the need to hoard scrolls and potions, made followers unique...

10/02/2012 07:37 PMPosted by TheCursed
15% is a lot. Imagine banks charging you 15% for every transaction you make. Do you how many hours i have to work to get that 15% back?

Except RMAH transactions are completely optional.

Again, it's just like the Mann Co Store.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 10/2/2012 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Starcraft 2,
-1/3 game at full price.

29-mission campaign and all races playable in multiplayer... Sounds like a complete game to me.

Diablo 3,
-released an unfinished game at full price.

It wouldn't be a Diablo game without grinding. Also, Blizzard *always* releases "unfinished" games at full price. You really think SC1, D2 and WC3 were perfect on release?

As for "breaking the mold", well, all Blizzard had to do was remake D2 with prettier graphics and the game would have still sold like hot cakes. That's essentially what TL2 did.

Instead, they completely revamped combat mechanics, streamlined the skill system, etc.

Don't forget that's what SC2 did guess they thought it was too good of a thing. lol.
And yeah I don't feel cheated of $60 when I think of SC2 with like... 100 hours less of game play than D3. When I beat d3 i was pretty much in shock and awe going "what... that's it? -_-..." TL2 40 hours in not even at Act 4 yet, playing on Elite diffic. first play through.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 10/2/2012 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Sounds to me as if you haven't been playing SC2 a lot, as you couldn't be farther from the truth: even its haters accuse it of being too different from SC/BW. :P
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 10/2/2012 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 07:51 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
Sounds to me as if you haven't been playing SC2 a lot, as you couldn't be farther from the truth: even its haters accuse it of being too different from SC/BW. :P

That wasn't the point, the point was the campaign didn't make me feel like sh1t. and it didn't feel short of what it was worth not by a mile anyways; it built on things that were already good and just revamped it with better sugar, not the meal. and it CERTAINLY didn't warrant me to go wander the SC2 forums to see if anything was going to be changed or updated. and even when things did, they didn't reflect the campaign. the campaign stayed as is.(unless they changed that) so i still have my original game, solo wise.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 10/2/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 07:40 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
You really think SC1, D2 and WC3 were perfect on release?

yes, i think they were complete because they were playable without updates or expansions.

As for "breaking the mold", well, all Blizzard had to do was remake D2 with prettier graphics and the game would have still sold like hot cakes. That's essentially what TL2 did.

I dont understand why you would say TL2 is D2 with better graphics. TL2 has many unique features and some which are an improvement to D2 features. Thats like saying Streetfighter4 is streetfighter2 with better graphics, not worth upgrading.

D3 gameplay is not revolutionary. Its just a patchwork of previous games but with lots of limitations included to stifle player creativity.

Starcraft 2: i finished the campaign in less than 20 hours and couldn't connect multiplayer with friends. Missions too straight forward imo. I felt many unit "ideas" were borrowed from C&C:TW which was released years ago. In general its faithfull to starcraft but did not bring new things like WC3 did.

Except these transactions are completely optional in this case.

AH is NOT OPTIONAL. You would not survive act 1 inferno without AH.
Edited by TheCursed#6888 on 10/2/2012 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
10/02/2012 08:06 PMPosted by TheCursed
yes, i think they were complete because they were playable without updates or expansions.

So is D3 then.

I dont understand why you would say TL2 is D2 with better graphics.

Because it plays like D2 and tries very hard to be like D2 despite the colorful cartoony graphics. Also, most of its "unique" features feel rather gimmicky (e.g. pets).

And please, don't get me started on Street Fighter IV...

D3 gameplay is not revolutionary.

A game can feature innovations without being revolutionary. Most Blizzard games are.

AH is NOT OPTIONAL. You would not survive act 1 inferno without AH.

Yes, I can. I just have to be careful and patient. ;)

Besides, it's not like you are forced to play Inferno either.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 10/2/2012 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 08:18 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
So is D3 then.

No, the first thing i saw was error. Then its no Ah, no PvP, etc... (these are things advertised on the box).

Because it plays like D2 and tries very hard to be like D2 despite the colorful cartoony graphics.

Also, most of its "unique" features feel rather gimmicky.

D2 and TL2 are by the same company/people. TL2 is not trying to be like D2. Its like saying the 2nd work from an person is copying the 1st work of the person. So... van goughs sunflowers are copies of each other?

Most Blizzard games are.

You need to elaborate.

Yes, I can. I just have to be careful and patient. ;)

Liar. you havent even started playing inferno and i have 4 lv 60 since 2 months ago...

-----------------------------------------------------------

i think you are either very inexperienced on gaming or jokingly trolling on purpose.
Reply Quote
View profile
So is D3 then.

No, the first thing i saw was error. Then its no Ah, no PvP, etc... (these are things advertised on the box).

It was a server issue; it had nothing to do with updates and expansions. Heck, I originally couldn't play SC1 because of some weird CTD issue and had to wait for a patch to address it.

But following your logic, TL2 is incomplete as well, as the much-hyped modding tools haven't been released on release date. ;)

D2 and TL2 are by the same company/people. TL2 is not trying to be like D2.

Wrong. The Schaefer Bros and Matt Uelmen are the only ones who worked on D2. It's like saying StarCraft II is made by Westwood because Dustin Browder worked on Red Alert 2 and Generals.

That doesn't change the fact that TL2 rips off D2 big time: almost identical gameplay, similar combat, similar story, similar settings, similar soundtrack by the same composer, attempts at similar atmosphere... Aside from the (underused) cartoony aesthetics and a few gimmicks here and there, it's D2 all over again, albeit nowhere near as memorable. And I didn't even like D2 to begin with!

Seeing an indie game playing it so safe is just depressing. :(

You need to elaborate.

Aside from maybe the original Diablo, none of Blizzard's titles are revolutionary. However, they did manage to distinguish themselves enough from the competition to be successful.

Liar. you havent even started playing inferno and i have 4 lv 60 since 2 months ago...

Yes, I have; I just like to take my time, that's all.

Besides, after three playthroughs, I'm getting kinda tired of playing as a Barbarian. :P

i think you are either very inexperienced on gaming or jokingly trolling on purpose.

No, I'm just a guy who plays games for fun, not out of obligation. ;)
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 10/3/2012 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 06:31 AMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf

It was a server issue; it had nothing to do with updates and expansions. Heck, I originally couldn't play SC1 because of some weird CTD issue and had to wait for a patch to address it.

But following your logic, TL2 is incomplete as well, as the much-hyped modding tools haven't been released on release date. ;)

D2 and TL2 are by the same company/people. TL2 is not trying to be like D2.

Wrong. The Schaefer Bros and Matt Uelmen are the only ones who worked on D2. It's like saying StarCraft II is made by Westwood because Dustin Browder worked on Red Alert 2 and Generals.

That doesn't change the fact that TL2 rips off D2 big time: almost identical gameplay, similar combat, similar story, similar settings, similar soundtrack by the same composer, attempts at similar atmosphere... Aside from the (underused) cartoony aesthetics and a few gimmicks here and there, it's D2 all over again, albeit nowhere near as memorable. And I didn't even like D2 to begin with!

Seeing an indie game playing it so safe is just depressing. :(

You need to elaborate.

Aside from maybe the original Diablo, none of Blizzard's titles are revolutionary. However, they did manage to distinguish themselves enough from the competition to be successful.

Yes, I have; I just like to take my time, that's all.

Besides, after three playthroughs, I'm getting kinda tired of playing as a Barbarian. :P

No, I'm just a guy who plays games for fun, not out of obligation. ;)

Now im sure you are trolling and a compulsive liar... Good day
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]