All these reasons ARE correct. Been playing Monk since release and I have rerolled barb ... having A LOT more fun, MORE efficiency, yes I got power rushed as a barb and helped with gear but whatever.
My points views are
1. Monks are like a train: they have to kill EVERYTHING in order to take one step meaning no mobility.
2. Monks have NO AOE dmg apart from sweeping winds, and even then a lot of dps could be lost due to tornadoes spawning in the wrong direction
3. Monks does not have any other viable build other than:
FoT - Thunderclap
Sweeping Winds - Cyclone / Blade storm
MoC - Overawe/ MoD - Backlash
Serenity - Ascension/Peaceful Repose
BoH - Blazing Wrath
Choice Of Skill (Usually SSS or BF)
Choice of Passive (Usually Guardian's Path, Resolve, Fleet footed or Transcendence)
These are the USUAL build(s), not because it's OP, it's because none other is viable. Dashing strike - Quicksilver, MAY be a viable skill, but imo SSS's invulnerability, from a defensive view, is much better.
4. Not very fun as it's usually left click and hold, watch health, spam serenity when health is low, if serenity is on cooldown then spam SSS, if that is also on cooldown BoH or Pot and refresh SW ... repeat until elite dies.
1. you NEVER miss loot, as you kill everything before moving (usually to keep SW up)
2. you have one hand free to snack since it's just left click and hold
I would think of more advantages, but I am trying extremely hard to think of any that the Monk has, considering that I've been playing them since release.
I've also noticed that most people who says Monk's are OP!. they don't play Monks. They don't understand the humiliation of playing a Monk and watching other classes farm quicker than you with less gear.
Barb's gear is worth a lot due to demand, demand is currently increasing as more people are rerolling barb, meaning that there's more competition. More competition = prices raise, as sellers know that they can still gain a profit, although items are overpriced.
Just because items are overpriced, does not mean a class is better than another, it just means there is a growing demand.
Btw, Barbs are fun, Monks ... not as much. I really hate rerolling as I've been playing monk since release, and yes I have tried DH and WD, but I still loved the monk the most. I'll be back to the Monk, WHEN blizz has decided to fix them up. But other than that ... hi barb!
P.S benchmarks for a monk to complete A3 with ease and even A4
In the scenario where you cannot gain the DPS, drop DPS increase AR to 800, and LoH to 1.2k, AS the same, and also armor. I garuntee you, you can still farm, but not as efficient. and DPS should be around 30 - 40k. Thats some advice for someone trying to play monk.