Diablo® III

15 Reasons Not To Play A Monk Part II.

bump so a blue reads!
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beZXYhihXfE&feature=relmfu

This is the reason why you should not play monk. Reroll time!

And? 3 mins in and he still hadn't finished off the elites.
Reply Quote
I missed the other thread.. but I'm curious.. did some smarta$$ list "play a barb instead" 15 times? lol
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
I Heartily Endorse This Event Or Product!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsiuxim8vsM
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Deadlysynz
I missed the other thread.. but I'm curious.. did some smarta$$ list "play a barb instead" 15 times? lol

No, just a lot of monks with bad builds and bad equipment agreeing.

And about 20 people saying 'we all have the same build!'...which...isn't true.
Reply Quote
I've only one pg, tried the prt and.....so sad.
Reply Quote
I agree as well. I put my monk on the back burner and rolled a barb recently. it's cheaper to gear up and to faceroll.

Once I read the posts, I tested out my monk on PTR (granted im not very geared but loved playing my monk)... unfortunately my beloved monk will remain on the back burner until things turn around for the monk class.

Such a shame, a sense of frustration and feeling defeated with how much more effort it takes to gear up and clear content more efficiently on my monk.

smarten up blizz.
Reply Quote
Bumped for monks.
Reply Quote
Will tank monks still be a viable build after the patch if so what should i improve?
Reply Quote
Great post, so true.

I never knew SW had 0 proc on anything. 15 paragons later, I now understand why LOH always seemed so useless on my monk . . .
Reply Quote
Justice for monk..... We want justice...
Reply Quote
Still true. Bumping once more, for great justice.
Reply Quote
Bump+bump+bump.
Reply Quote
great post X)
Reply Quote
Why are people agreeing with this? Just because you're losing 800-1000 armor from Seize the Initiative getting nerfed?

Wow. Talk about making a big deal out of nothing.
Reply Quote
Why are people agreeing with this? Just because you're losing 800-1000 armor from Seize the Initiative getting nerfed?

more like 1100 to 1200 for most monks and that with the nerf of resolve. This is done to give other passives some way back into monk builds but the others are just so bad that almost no-one will change them anyway?
Reply Quote

more like 1100 to 1200 for most monks and that with the nerf of resolve. This is done to give other passives some way back into monk builds but the others are just so bad that almost no-one will change them anyway?

1st of all, hardly anyone uses Resolve. 2nd of all, even the loss of 1200 armor is countered by the decrease in incoming damage. Its a net buff from what i've heard. Even if its not, its easy to equip some +Armor gear to make up for it.

There's a few other passives that are playable: Fleet Footed, Transendence, Beacon of Ytar, Guardian Path, Exalted Soul, and Chant of Resonance.... just to name a few.
Edited by Didley#1646 on 9/30/2012 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 please do something about this bliz, I understand you were worried about the monk becoming as OP as the old pally, but all you've done is completely ignored us as a class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]