Diablo® III

15 Reasons Not To Play A Monk Part II.

09/30/2012 01:12 AMPosted by Sorrow
Why do we have a 0.33 increase to spirit regen while other classes get 2-10x more than us, and us being probably the most resource starved class of them all (since the WD buff)?

Barbars dont have any ( the only class that has no resource gain, only on autoattacks* and procs -_-' that on 1.0.5 will get heavy nerfed.)

09/30/2012 01:12 AMPosted by Sorrow
Crazily expensive gear

U got one of the cheapest gears in the game, first is WZ and WD, then its MONK then DH and on the last place is a Barbarian ( have rolled a monk myself i know what i talk ).

15) Our class doesn't feel 'monky'.

Monks, i think, is the only class who can get most easy the max atsp, isn't it?

And btw, do u wanna know why your topic sux and blizz will never even listen to u?
Becous u compare 2 different game play styles and classes. Srsly so retarded. u just went to that lvl of players who says "why WZ cant surlive like 10billion worth barbarian, nerf barbarians" Thats why blizz will ignore again your/and all thous kind of posts.
Srsly, guys are u just so mentaly disabled that u none of u can nowdays write a normal post about why a class needs a buff/nerf?

On top of that blizz already told they will change the monk, but they cant do it now 'coz it will to heavy effect the best geared monks, they cant just say: "sorry u 3bil worth monk there, but your gear is now worth 100mils and u need to regear up from new".
Why people dont have logical thinking nowdays?

Like why u just cant stop by saying "We monks dont have useful skills. We got only 2 passives that are good - will be !@#$ after the 1.0.5 patch - the 3rd passive we just pick randomly for individually suited gameplays (movement speed/doge/etc ) but in fact its still useless. The rest of skills where bad already coz they cost tons of spirit and we need to gear with a lot of spirit regen or have nearly max atsp for a good regen, but after the new patch thous only good-well used skills will be nerfed again and will do less dmg/be less useful " And so on.. srsly -_-' i rolled monk myself, but as i saw how bad it will turn out i just droped it, not worth. After the new patch i might play it again coz monk gear price will drop like 75% while my barbarian prices will rise up again -_-' as we will need to oneshot mobz so we dont have to worry about loh or fury.
I will agree with u, that monks are bad, but the way u post the topic is just stupid and will be ignored from bliz, as always.
Too bad.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 10:12 AMPosted by PavelB1
I missed the other thread.. but I'm curious.. did some smarta$$ list "play a barb instead" 15 times? lol

No, just a lot of monks with bad builds and bad equipment agreeing.

And about 20 people saying 'we all have the same build!'...which...isn't true.

Go play patch 1.05. Start at MP7 which shouldn't be impossible for your great build and gear. Let us know how it goes.
Reply Quote
These posts get taken down a lot it seems. Anyways, bump, sticky, and like.
Reply Quote
Posted by Sorrow
Why do we have a 0.33 increase to spirit regen while other classes get 2-10x more than us, and us being probably the most resource starved class of them all (since the WD buff)?

Barbars dont have any ( the only class that has no resource gain, only on autoattacks* and procs -_-' that on 1.0.5 will get heavy nerfed.)
Wut?
Barb's IK set increases Fury Generation by 2. That's pretty large.
They also have a Passive that increases Fury Generation on ANY crit, not just Generators.

Monk's set doesn't have +all resists like others do. Monk's set doesn't have resource generation like others do. Monk's set is mostly used by DHs. :P

Nevermind, I just read some of your remaining post. Waste of my time to read your inane babbling.

In language you can understand - "waist" of my time for ur wall of txt
Reply Quote
You left out Generators though.

Generators need a big pass. Compare to Barb Generators, and you'll see it clearly. Monk Generators don't offer enough variety, and don't do enough damage. They're all a flat 110% damage.
Reply Quote
bumping away from the temple of doom
Reply Quote
Bump for the fists of justice
Reply Quote
I think that Monk defensive skills should give us spirit like Barbs, but yeah agree with eve3rything here.
Reply Quote
more like 1100 to 1200 for most monks and that with the nerf of resolve. This is done to give other passives some way back into monk builds but the others are just so bad that almost no-one will change them anyway?

1st of all, hardly anyone uses Resolve. 2nd of all, even the loss of 1200 armor is countered by the decrease in incoming damage. Its a net buff from what i've heard. Even if its not, its easy to equip some +Armor gear to make up for it.

There's a few other passives that are playable: Fleet Footed, Transendence, Beacon of Ytar, Guardian Path, Exalted Soul, and Chant of Resonance.... just to name a few.

It's not just the fact that STI is getting nerfed, it's the fact that monks are rather gimped, especially when it comes down to the passive skills.

Only 1 of those passives that you listed are relatively decent, which is transendence. Beacon of Ytar seems like something they just threw in there to have something. Guardian path is worthless because of the harsh diminishing returns dodge suffers from (which in the patch 1.05 will be even worse) Exalted soul is horrible and I don't have to explain it, and lastly I don't even know why you mentioned chant of resonance as most monks.

I also notice that you're in fact using the exact same build as everyone else is lol, except for beacon of ytar, even though you aren't even using any skills that have a long cooldown to begin with... :S
Reply Quote
Yeah I play a monk too as a main and I agree too with basically all you've said. I tried many, many skills and I'm always back to what I currently have, because everything else is not worth it.

With 2000+ dex, every skills that gives Dodge becomes completely useless.. And now they're nerfing StI too..

I'm not saying that Monk is necessarily a bad class, but it's always stuck with the same skills and it needs a lot of equipment (and money!) to be worth something.

And basically all you do while playing is spamming FoT and MoC :\
Reply Quote
Singed for truth. Jay Wilson's dream of only having WW barbs as a viable class is even more obvious with 1.0.5.

Even the Wizard is getting a severe nerf while the barb only gets a slight slap on the wrist for it's obvious broken mechanics.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Tick

No, just a lot of monks with bad builds and bad equipment agreeing.

And about 20 people saying 'we all have the same build!'...which...isn't true.

Go play patch 1.05. Start at MP7 which shouldn't be impossible for your great build and gear. Let us know how it goes.

START at mp7? "Wah...I can't beat on MP7!!!!" BFD, then i'll get better gear, but don't cry "I can't faceroll MP10 right out of the gate...no fairrrrrrrr"
Reply Quote
Barbarians feel more powerful, more mobile, and more agile than Monks. The sad thing is that we have to stay stationary, juggling defensive cooldowns just to stay alive.

Blizzard wonders why all the Monks are using the same skills and neglecting things like Tempest Rush and Wave of Light. I guess they really don't play this game at all. If anyone at Blizzard actually had a level 60 Monk they would understand what problems are facing the class.

The Monk is a paper tank with a book full of flashy, fast skills that he can't use because if he takes his defensive cooldowns off of his skill bar, he gets insta-gibbed. Funny enough, its even worse in 1.0.5, despite Blizzard's insistence that nobody will be nerfed defensively.
Reply Quote
Posted by Sorrow

Wut?
Barb's IK set increases Fury Generation by 2. That's pretty large.
They also have a Passive that increases Fury Generation on ANY crit, not just Generators.

Monk's set doesn't have +all resists like others do. Monk's set doesn't have resource generation like others do. Monk's set is mostly used by DHs. :P

Nevermind, I just read some of your remaining post. Waste of my time to read your inane babbling.

In language you can understand - "waist" of my time for ur wall of txt

U forgot something, a item (for example a shoulders ) with 200str/100vit/70all res costs 2x more then an item with 200dext/100vit/35 archon + 35 all res ( that gives in total 70 all res ), learn to build a monk and then talk ok? ;)
a monk can easly hit a 1,3k+ all res unlike any other class. And monk has the cheapest all res gear ever so dont talk about monk gear and dh gear as the same they are diff. and thats why there are a lot of people who thinks monk gears are expensive.
And about fury gener. for a barbarian u talked.
Do u know how much cost the whole IK set for a barbarian to gain the bonus? And how much cost 1hand x2 + helm + other craps for monk that gives spirit regen? :p
so lets not compare 2 different things. ( when i rolled a monk i had 2 fist wepons 900dsp with 50 life per spriritn spent + socket + 1.3 sprit regen. They bouth sustained the spirit problems more then u ever need, no need even for a loh or life steal ) Its simple, if u cant build a monk dont cry its underpowered or something like that. Talk only about thinks u know and can do.
Yes barbarians over all are much stronger, but thats why our items costs 3-10x more then any other class items.
Any class can get a end game gear withn 1bil but a barbarian can buy just ~4 end game items for 1bil ( the cheapest ones ).

As i said before, this topic is useless for a further discuss just waste of time, as becous its writed as a hater topic instead of a suggestion. And coments are keep going about hating barbarians as a gener.
For the topic creator i suggest u to change the way and create another topic similar like this without the barbarian hating crap, becous i, as myself, would really love to roll my monk once more, as its my fav champ here ( but i roll barbarian myself for now.). So i would really like if blizz would come and read it.
Reply Quote
@ op

did not read past where i rofld: 7 ways 2 fix bla

u should get good tbh

monk is great char as is , i agree that there is nn for nerfs on it aka seize the init, but come on, its not that hard

it wont let me see ur profile on d3 so i can criticize ur build , but let me know when u can play monk and not just complain~

no rage or abuse ty in advance
Reply Quote
barbarian items cost a lot more cause everyone knows how stupid strong they are so everyone is building one........
sigh rembmer the demon hunter days after release, prices were ultra high for dh
same thing is happeninng now with barb gear

we monks are asking for some buffs to be on a similar lvl of a barbarian, we are not asking tog ather all the mobs of a map and ww them to death
Reply Quote
^ it lets me see YOUR profile. perhaps you should post on an account with a monk?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]