Diablo® III

15 Reasons Not To Play A Monk Part II.

adding:

at that person saying nobody using tempest rush?

incase u didnt realize its the best skill on monk

wat other skill in the game lets u move at + speed and knock back and dmg all in ur way with no cooldown?

nn abuse
Reply Quote
adding:

wat other skill in the game lets u move at + speed and knock back and dmg all in ur way with no cooldown?

nn abuse

You'll have to excuse me if I don't put much weight in the opinion of someone who uses "wat", "u", and "ur".
Reply Quote
adding:

nn abuse

Tempest rush? the best skill on monk?
In order to use that skill efficiently you either need billions worth of gears or sacrifice a lot of damage.
In addition, the damage output only tickle the monsters.
Unlike "the other class" where you can .........
To sum it up, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
Edited by Heisenberg#1917 on 9/30/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1

I WANNA PLAY MAH MONKY
Reply Quote
To be very honest.... I'd rather utilize my monk the way he was 'intended' for THIS game. Granted, we can all agree Diablo III wasn't what we all expected, but I think they need to do one or all of the following concerning the Monk class:

**Buff up and replace some weak skills for healing/shielding skills that help a team!!

**Give us back some more attack speed. That first nerf hurt. The rune that we get should be upgraded - this would make it a good alternative to Overawe.

**Dodge viable? Give us a little more/better, plz.
Reply Quote
Dodge REALLY REALLY sucks.
other classes get tons more benefit from dexterity because dodge is non-linear and gives the most benefit below 500.

Monks get punished, especially now that you cannot dodge reflect.

Thank you for this post. It is so true.

I could fix monks in 1 single pass with one single change though (and maybe break the game):

Monks get 1% bonus damage from strength as well as dexterity.
Suddenly there are more gearing options.
Man that would be a game changer.
Reply Quote
Dodge REALLY REALLY sucks.
other classes get tons more benefit from dexterity because dodge is non-linear and gives the most benefit below 500.

Monks get punished, especially now that you cannot dodge reflect.

Thank you for this post. It is so true.

I could fix monks in 1 single pass with one single change though (and maybe break the game):

Monks get 1% bonus damage from strength as well as dexterity.
Suddenly there are more gearing options.
Man that would be a game changer.
Reply Quote
my gear is mid grade, and my monk is incredible. you are way off.
Reply Quote
@Weightless

Hi. Do you know why Barb's gear are expensive? Because Barbs are OP and EVERYONE wants to roll one. Check your end-game IK affixes set and now check our Inna's set. Once again, check your base all resist IK set (50~60 I guess) and now check ours (Oh wait, we dont have, once again we depend on random stuff to get all res on it). You dont have to compete with any other class to get your gear (Str) and we have to struggle ourselves to buy itens that DH also wants.
Let me quote you: "I wish blizz could make monks equip from 300mil to 3billion worth". I'd gladly pay for super expensive gear if we could do the same (or really close to) as Barbs can.

An example? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beZXYhihXfE

Now show me an ubber geared monk do the same, even with 3bill (like you said) we cant get close to this. Why? Broken passives, awful set affixes and more. Btw, he mentioned Barbs because its the only melee class to compare. The one that thinks its all about Barbs is you, we just want some attention to our class, they're nerfing every single defensive passives we have (OwE will be nerfed soon) and we dont have any offensive passive to output these nerfs. How it sounds for you?
Edited by Carnage#1366 on 9/30/2012 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Tyche
my gear is mid grade, and my monk is incredible. you are way off.

*That's* mid? My gear is a good ways below that, and I also get along just fine.
Reply Quote
I'm not much for "whiney little slitch" posts but damn this is a good post. Thumbs up.

I started a monk not long ago and have played and had fun but realized quickly that it's basically a skinny melee class with none of the devastating stuff a barb gets to dish out.
Reply Quote
my monk just cleared inferno, twice

not very good gear, check it out on profile
Reply Quote
Measure up monks EHP passives against barbs,
+25% armor vs +15% dodge.
Dodge has no effect on molten, arcane, ghom, belial... AND is weaker eHP wise?

MONKS SUCK.
Reply Quote
Bump, lets keep this thread going.
Reply Quote
Blizzard, as an avid monk fan and player I disagree with this post, I don't know why he is crying, maybe his real life problems are seeping in behind the wall of text.

1. Monks are fine and not what he makes them out to be

2. Stop comparing two different classes that aren't mean to be played the same way

3.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAQYTFUKyBs
monk solo monster level 10, so much for this thread

another monk in mlvl 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7IhGFYHfbg

Please don't waste forum bandwidth on useless posts.
Reply Quote
Blizzard, as an avid monk fan and player I disagree with this post, I don't know why he is crying, maybe his real life problems are seeping in behind the wall of text.

1. Monks are fine and not what he makes them out to be

2. Stop comparing two different classes that aren't mean to be played the same way

3.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAQYTFUKyBs
monk solo monster level 10, so much for this thread

another monk in mlvl 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7IhGFYHfbg

Please don't waste forum bandwidth on useless posts.

This guy knows whats up.

Less QQ, pls.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]