If you have problems.. fix them....
get equip with spirit regen
if dodge sucks big time, get a high block rate, not too hard i know plenty of monks who do more damage than me and dont die
Could you show us a profile of these monks?
Dodge is the only mantra I have ever used...I don't know what you guys are crying about...I don't even spam it that often. No, I can't stand in arcane sentries and desecrate pools long, I can stand in molten and plague for a little while...but then I have to oh no..MOVE. (Sam Kinison) MOVE GTFO DONT STAND IN S**T (/Sam Kinison)
Dodge no longer affects reflect in 1.0.5? That sucks, but it certainly isn't broken.
09/30/2012 07:40 PMPosted by StarbirdLet me get this straight, developers clearly state the Higher monster power levels are for the geared people who are bored with the regular game. -I.E. No one is forcing undergeared monks to farm Mlvl10The op comes in here and cries how bad monks need a buff, well guess what the video evidence I linked you show that monks are viable just like any other geared class.So please stop pointing fingers at Barbs and DH's - monks ARE FINE.Blizzard, Monks are fine - this is coming from a die hard monk player.
Not going to get too deeply into this - but from what I see from my own testing on the PTR, Barbs and WDs need about a 50m investment to start doing MP5 or above.
My monk on the other hand just couldn't keep up, especially against anything with a ground effect. And that's with 25k hp, over 1k resistances and nearly 1000 life on hit.
@PavelB1: Sure, if you take it in vacumm. But in the context of the other melee class (note: BARBARIANS) dodge is damm unreliable (RNG) and it's not that effective either (Diminished returns+Damm hard to stack).
Oh, +1 to OP again, btw
LOL maybe your problem is that you guys are all trying to use FOT thunderclap with only LoH for life recovery and find yourselves getting pwned because you can only use that build effectively with incredibly expensive gear. I mean gearing your monk that way REALLY sucks unless you have a !@#$ ton of gold or money to spend because the second you run into a mob that you can't tank down you're dead, so you have to get enough survivability to stand in any kind of elemental attack while dealing an enormous amount of damage to kill some mobs. Doing that costs a LOT of gold and it's just a stupid way to play your monk unless you can afford to do it properly.
edit: Yeah just surfing the profiles of the people complaining, 90% use the "standard" FoT overawe build and everyone who says "monks are fine" uses a "non standard" build with "non standard" gear. The other 10% of people complaining about monks haven't put much time into them and are the same guys who would complain about any other class sucking if they had picked them over a monk because they just haven't put enough effort into gearing their guy and expect the game to beat itself.
BeastMode View profile
Monks are fine. Just stop it
10/01/2012 12:21 AMPosted by bryanjudeThe point is that if you wanted to strive for greatness, then play the another melee character and not the monk. The monk is playable of course, and so is every other class. But once u've started farming with a barb, the only reason to play a monk is for fun, not farm.
That's so stupid, the balance in the game isn't supposed to be made around the speed at which you can clear certain content, only whether you can clear the content.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.