Diablo® III

authenticator removed but still being asked

I thought unchecking the "require an authenticator code every time you log into the game" checkbox meant you'd only get asked for a code once a week or once every 30 days.

D3 keeps asking me at least every day when I log in to play, and sometimes every few hours.
Reply Quote
please remove my authenticator every time i log in too thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Unfortunately my account will also need a "reset".
I have tried changing my password and deleting my WTF folder (incase there was a local setting that remembered my account has an authenticator).

Still unable to log in
Thank you in advance
Reply Quote
Happening here as well
i tried to change the password but now its coming up with wrong details and the old password still works :(
Reply Quote
I have the same problem too...
Changed my pasword, but the valid password is still the old one.
Please help!
Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Hello, I was able to fix my problem.
Rather than changing your password, log out and submit a form to "reset" your password as if you had forgotten it. Check your email for the new password and like magic it also fixes the authenticator problem. :)

P.S I think this is the "change password to reset your account" quick fix the blue above was referring to, not literally changing your password
Reply Quote
I too have the same problem i'ved removed the authenticator but i am still asked for it please help reset thank you
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Hey I am having the same problem on my diablo account. removed authenticator and can't log in. changed password and still the same problem.
Reply Quote
Same problem here guys- Removed authenticator & changed password.

Now, only old password will work at D3 login page & still getting prompted for authenicator code.
Reply Quote
Same problem for me too! Help me reset my account please!
Reply Quote
Sorry to add to the this, but I have been receiving the same problem.

Following the most recent patches, I have been unable to log in. I've removed the authenticator, added the authenticator, and changed my password to no avail.

May I have an account reset as well? Thank you!
Reply Quote
Help me reset my account too please. I lost my phone and the authenticator is with it....
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem too.. removing my authenticator but still request for it when logging in to the game.. please reset my account thanks.

a fix will be appreciated rather than helping people to reset each and every time.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
For anyone experiencing a problem with their authenticator or password, you'll want to submit a support ticket or call in so a Billing representative can take a look at the account.

This article will lead you through the process.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
Reply Quote
Can you please reset my account too. Thanks! I need to play the game now! Having the same problem
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
SwannSin,

You'll want to submit a support ticket or call in so a Billing representative can take a look at the account.

This article will lead you through the process.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
Reply Quote
There is nothing about authenticator issue in the article and if I want to call the Billing Rep, I need to wait till morning! Can you help please reset my account just like all those account before me. I can't wait till morning as I want to play the game now.
Reply Quote
Yup. There's no option to submit this type of ticket. The form forces you to pick from a small set (even if you chose the option to submit a summary).
Reply Quote
please remove my authenticator every time i log in too thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]