Diablo® III

authenticator removed but still being asked

did everything and even changed my battlenet pw.. still the same issue.. now, i got a new password for my battlenet account but my D3 is still using the old password..

Why does this still happen?? Initially reported back in OCtober 1, 2012 but its still happening??

really, please help.. 10am Pacific time is like 1am in the morning here...
Reply Quote
Hey Omrakos,

Can you please reset my account as well. I removed the mobile authenticator but I'm still being asked to enter it in Diablo 3.

Thanks alot!
Reply Quote
pls help reset mine too, changed the password but still using the old one.
Reply Quote
Hello technical support. I just had my Authenticator removed by via support ticket and the ticket has been answered and I am able to access my bnet account again. BUT when I try to login the game it still asks for my authenticator? Please help.

TIA!
Edited by Hamstar#6926 on 11/28/2012 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just got the authenticator removed by phone but it's still asking for it on D3!! Have the email confirmation and everything...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
rubytang,

Can you try it again please?

FYI, you really shouldn't be using the account without an authenticator as it becomes much less secure that way. If you do add it back on, or make any other account changes, you'll probably need to get us to reset the account again before it's recognized on the US servers.
Edited by Omrakos on 11/30/2012 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
46 Blood Elf Hunter
i lost everything on my phone and im fxing it now but i want to log my account now and i cant but i removed authenticator
Edited by MHD#1317 on 2/12/2013 3:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
is there actually a soulution to this problem of does support just have to reset you account?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Sometimes you can fix it yourself by doing a password change. That forces your account data to update. However, it usually is just an issue of the change making its way over to the Authentication Server from wherever they have your web account interface. Just be sure you are not waiting for an update during maintenance - no account changes will make it to the Auth servers at that time due to them being down. I think SEA had some Maint last night and the Auth servers were down.

If you have waited several non-maint hours though and it has not resolved then you have to put in a ticket.
Reply Quote
I know this is a D3 forum, but this is the most relevant article I've found. I have this issue with my SC2 account.

Authenticator would not work. Raised support ticket. It was removed. SC2 login still asks me for authenticator.

So I added a new authenticator after uninstalling and reinstalling it on my phone. The codes work fine for logging into the battle.net account management page but do not work for SC2. Removed that authenticator too. Changed my password. But SC2 still prompts me for an authenticator......
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
It looks like you read the other advice up there and are aware that the most common issues is the time it takes for the change to propagate from the Account Mgt server over to the Authentication server. This may just take some time. That said, please be aware that there is some malware out there that can interfere with the login process. It fakes an Authenticator error and tricks you into removing the device by giving fake login error messages.I would suggest doing the following just to be on the safe side:

1. Download, install, and update Malwarebytes (free version is fine). Boot into safe mode and run a FULL (not quick) scan with SC up and gibberish typed in the login fields. Some malware only activates under these conditions. When that scan finishes, do a FULL virus scan with an up to date scanner.

2. By now at least an hour will have passed. Try logging in again.

3. If problems persist, use the Support link to put in a ticket to have the account looked at. If Live Chat or Phones are open you can use those options too!
Reply Quote
I have the same problem i deleted the authenticator and changed the password but in the Diablo3 login authenticator is still needed.On the site it says that i dont have authenticator.Please help me .

Account Security

Authenticator

No Authenticator
Edited by ComP4cT#2231 on 8/7/2013 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
ComP4cT,

I see your characters have been played since you've posted so I'll assume you've figured it out or the authenticator removal info was finally updated across all relevant servers.

Same problem here. Tried to change password but now I get error 3, Need Account reset plz.
Reply Quote
Have the same problem!
I removed authenticator but D3 still asked it! What should I do?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Goliaf,

How long ago did you remove it? It can take a little while for the change to propagate from the web servers to the Authentication servers, especially on a day where they usually do website and server maintenance. Give it a bit longer, and if it does not resolve you can try resetting your account flags by changing your password. If that STILL does not work, you will need to contact Support via the link at the top of the website.

Select
-I can't login
-I have a login issue that is not listed here
Continue
From there scroll down and the support options that are open will be available as blue buttons.
Reply Quote
Removed Authentication same problem still asks when i try to login.. also having problems with sms protection i dont get them on mobile ..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
nerco: I'm having the same problem as well.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
ging29,

I see the authenticator was recently removed. It may just take a little time for it to sync up with that. I've issued a reset to the account on this end which may also help so if you would, give it another try please.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]