Diablo® III

The 100k DPS W/O SS Club.

Finally join the club and it feels great. It is easy to reach 100k dps w/o SS with a glass cannon build but I am not a glass cannon. My build is a balance DH and I build Armor, All resistance, Vit,
Max Discipline, DPS and a little MF. The most expensive gear I spent on is Vile Ward which cost me about 35m, so I am pretty please about that.
Of course I am saving golds for the next patch before the new Natalya's set pieces are affordable. Free free to post but please no flaming pls. I didn't say my gears are good and I know many have better gears than me, thanks guys :)
Edited by Leonyy#6740 on 10/1/2012 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I know the feeling. I have put everything into DPS recently but am now looking to upgrade my survivability. I just got a pair of Ice Climbers as my first defensive piece and took a 2k dps loss. My next defense upgrade will be Mempo but im waiting to see if they fix the bug first
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 08:09 PMPosted by TorpedoVegas
I know the feeling. I have put everything into DPS recently but am now looking to upgrade my survivability. I just got a pair of Ice Climbers as my first defensive piece and took a 2k dps loss. My next defense upgrade will be Mempo but im waiting to see if they fix the bug first

Yes, I also realize Ice Climbers is a very nice tank gear and provide decent amount of dps. The missing part is it did not provide 12% movement speed but it might be possible to roll that. Lacuni prowlers is a nice DPS gear which provide 12% movement speed but it does not provide much armor or resistance. Good luck for your Mempo findings but I think it is better to wait until patch 1.0.5 before getting one :)
Reply Quote
A balanced build is the best for this other reason: if you're balanced, you're not as dependent on a single skill as others are and can enjoy the positive aspects of new patches even more because you're not having to re-gear yourself in light of nerfs -- witness how some of the DH with high damage output but only moderate survivability have had to re-gear in light of the Gloom 'nerf' and MP levels.

[nb: In case you're wondering, I'm at 111k DPS w/out SS. I can up that to 125k DPS by switching to my Andariel's but I'm waiting for the Perfectionist buff before doing that].
Edited by Eisenhorn#6230 on 10/1/2012 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Welcome to the the group of the determined few. We refuse to die, we stay and hold the ground.

;)
Reply Quote
First congrats :)

I dont think either nats set is gonna come down to much, legacy gives almost unlimited disc

While the new one gives a hell of alot survivability which is why i wear the new one.

Either way grats on the dps :)
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Leonyy
Yes, I also realize Ice Climbers is a very nice tank gear and provide decent amount of dps. The missing part is it did not provide 12% movement speed but it might be possible to roll that. Lacuni prowlers is a nice DPS gear which provide 12% movement speed but it does not provide much armor or resistance. Good luck for your Mempo findings but I think it is better to wait until patch 1.0.5 before getting one :)

Ice Climbers can roll movement speed but it gets very expensive when it does so I chose to take the rout you mentioned with Lacuni to maintain my 24% movement speed. Movement Speed is not just for faster farming and contributes alot to survivability. You may want to check out Nat Bloody Foot Prints. They guarantee high armor, resistance, max movement speed, and high dex if you can afford it..

As for the Mempo I have no intention of getting one until after the patch when we see if they fixed the primary stat bug or not. If they do fix it I feel bad for all those guys that paid top dollar to get CC with sub 100 dex rolls.

The biggest upgrade in my overall survivability has been my Scoundrel! High attack speed + high proc Windforce makes it very hard for melee to even get close to me. I have upgraded his vitality and resistance to the point that only ground effects can kill him now. Check him out in my profile.
Reply Quote
A balanced build is the best for this other reason: if you're balanced, you're not as dependent on a single skill as others are and can enjoy the positive aspects of new patches even more because you're not having to re-gear yourself in light of nerfs -- witness how some of the DH with high damage output but only moderate survivability have had to re-gear in light of the Gloom 'nerf' and MP levels.

[nb: In case you're wondering, I'm at 111k DPS w/out SS. I can up that to 125k DPS by switching to my Andariel's but I'm waiting for the Perfectionist buff before doing that].

Yes, Balance is definitely a fun build and not to worry about the next patch. You got a decent DPS as a surviving DH, we survive and shoot more arrows~
I am also waiting for the Perfectionist buff, it is going to be Awesome :)

Welcome to the the group of the determined few. We refuse to die, we stay and hold the ground.

;)

Yes, and we are ok to play with a little bit of latency :P

First congrats :)

I dont think either nats set is gonna come down to much, legacy gives almost unlimited disc

While the new one gives a hell of alot survivability which is why i wear the new one.

Either way grats on the dps :)

Thank you, nice nats set btw :)
Reply Quote
Hi all, Donstroke from Argentina here.

dropped the game and sold my stuff after 1.03, came back on 1.04 and started over again. Now, besides i play with SS for group play, my dps w/o SS is 115k.

bye.
Reply Quote
congratz leonyy... i am still trying to achieve that.
Reply Quote
I'm close. I just replaced my bracers and I'm at 95K now.
Reply Quote
220k DPS w/o SS here. can i join?
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 09:33 PMPosted by KaiKai
220k DPS w/o SS here. can i join?

You're already a member.
Reply Quote
Not only have I joined this club, but I have also joined the 50% CRIT chance group at the same time! BOO YEAH.
Reply Quote
I sneaked in, with a WF w/o soc. Although this bow is just over the 100k mark, I like playing with it ever so often. My Manti is way over the mark, but that's because of all the CD on it. Looking at all the bows with soc on them, and I sneak in with a non soc. Show's you don't need a soc to get to 100k.
Reply Quote
Nice, grats. I broke into this maybe a month ago...and been going up very slowly since. Also a balanced build, w/135k dps. Every extra 1k is getting very expensive though. Not too bad considering I'm over 1k hours into the game and still haven't gotten "that one drop" yet....all cheap crap LOL
Reply Quote
@MasterShake
You know if you up grade all your gems, to 50 and higher and put a 58gem in that bow you would bring your dps up without getting more gear. Just a thought.
Reply Quote
Congrats Leonny & all over 100k w/o ss!

currently 118k, may i join? :)
Reply Quote
Wish i could join this club :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]