Diablo® III

Does Torchlight 2 >>> Diablo 3?

90 Blood Elf Mage
I got the T2 demo and within 5 minutes I was already having more fun because its already much more similar to D2 than D3 is to D2. I am wondering if this is generally agreed upon by players/critics. Who is playing T2? How's the online experience?
Reply Quote
Yes.

the main reason many of us here clinged to it is because it is alot like D2, which is... the reason many of us were so excited about D3, we thought it be like D2.

atm, lots of ppl are finding T2 fun. does it have longevity and end game? who knows at this point and who cares. its fun for now in similar ways D2 was.

- good loot drops
- diverse character builds
- real random maps

the online is decent. just join games, kill stuff with ppl and have fun. none of that "ugh. will i finally get something good today?" or "ugh, another a3 run, getting bored." or "damn, this cooldown is too long! lemme hit the thing again!!" or "ugh, 40k repair??"

look, i like D3, but, for now, its stale. needs some flavor. and for now, T2 has that flavor imo.
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 10/2/2012 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Please i'm begging you to go play TL2. Yes its fantastic, you should go now. Post topics like this on their forums too. I'm sure they can tell you what is "generally agreed upon" so that you can better find out how to live your life based on other peoples opinions. Good luck.
Reply Quote
LOL TL2 will be dead in a month or less.
Reply Quote
I took a short break to play it as I think Runic are a great company and they do good work. I had fun with TL2, but just kept missing D3. I enjoyed TL2 (and probably will again down the road) and I certainly encourage any gamer to buy a copy to support them. But for me personally D3 still has me "hooked" and looks to continue doing so fo a fair while yet. I think Jay and the D3 team are working hard at it and D3 has both a bright present and future :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks guys, is the characters not being saved on servers thing an issue? Like people can just give their guys really awesome gear kind of like how you could do on open battle.net for D2?
Reply Quote
Yeah, the characters are saved client side. Which means people can totally alter their characters to have max level, all the best gear, etc. However, the way I understand it, is that YOU TALK ABOUT TORCHLIGHT 2 ON THEIR GOD DAMN FORUMS.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Camillus
Thanks guys, is the characters not being saved on servers thing an issue? Like people can just give their guys really awesome gear kind of like how you could do on open battle.net for D2?

That's pretty common and with the modding toolset will only become more common. Having said that you basically should find a circle of friends to play with or accept the "open" environment. The controlled environment of D3 is actually one of the reasons I prefer it over TL2. Whether or not it matters for you depends on your own tolerance. For its price you can always have both installed and try it out ;)
Edited by Antiquarian#1163 on 10/2/2012 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I hope like hell Diablo 3 sees it's mistakes and fixes things, they might've well just put good graphics on my next trip to the dentist office, because it's currently just as painful imo.

+1

I think this is why there are so many Torchlight 2 threads here. People want Diablo 3 to succeed when it comes to "fun" rather then "work".

Anyways I am enjoying TL2 right now, and sometimes play D3 in hopes of it becoming what it should've been months ago.

So yea, right now I'd say TL2>>>>> D3. Unless you cheat with mods, which wrecks the game imo.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 09:36 PMPosted by DeMasked
I hope like hell Diablo 3 sees it's mistakes and fixes things, they might've well just put good graphics on my next trip to the dentist office, because it's currently just as painful imo.

+1

I think this is why there are so many Torchlight 2 threads here. People want Diablo 3 to succeed when it comes to "fun" rather then "work".

Anyways I am enjoying TL2 right now, and sometimes play D3 in hopes of it becoming what it should've been months ago.

So yea, right now I'd say TL2>>>>> D3. Unless you cheat with mods, which wrecks the game imo.

I was just playing a group game (doing a quick ghom run) and had a lot of fun. I got a pretty nice rare probably worth a mil or so and we all had a good time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]