Diablo® III

Act 3 lore.

Hi guys, i have some questions about the act3 stuff. Sorry if its repeats smth.

1. Who are those big mother$^&#s in towers of damned and cursed?
2. Whos Rakkis
3. Is act3 the old a5 of d2 and whats wrong with the arreat mountain then - ihell is there or smth? Its not a simple volcano as i can see.
Reply Quote

phazebeasts.
teleport randomly
can surround you easily
fast and deadly

10/05/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Madara
2. Whos Rakkis

the founder of Westmarch, a land in the diablo universe (Sanctuary)

10/05/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Madara
3. Is act3 the old a5 of d2 and whats wrong with the arreat mountain then - ihell is there or smth? Its not a simple volcano as i can see.

The worldstone blew up, so it left a huge hole in the mountain. now a demon lord lives there.

it is located a little whiles away from the act 5 in d2.

but you ultimately end up in the same place in the end
Edited by WitchDoctor#1834 on 10/5/2012 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Regarding the big mothers in the Towers of the Damned/Cursed:
I imagine you're referring to the skeletal colossi that seem to be both imprisoned within the towers and holding them up as they writhe around in agony. Pretty much sucks to be them. There's a piece of lore somewhere in one of the towers in which my main man D. Cain (RIP, yo) names these brutes Flesh Demons (or something), the idea being that they are kept in the towers (and throughout the Burning Hells, presumably) so their flesh can be harvested and used to construct the underworld's infrastructure. It seems odd that walkways and staircases are such a pressing concern in the realm of eternal fiery damnation that an entire slave industry has sprung up to keep the demon hordes strolling from place to place with relative comfort and convenience. No one wants to make bare-hooved lava crossings every time the toilet paper's run out. Not even phase beasts.
When Cydaea goes on and on in her sexy way about "their exquisite agony", it seems like she's referring to those big grimacing giants. I guess everyone in Hell needs a hobby, and peeling the flesh off gigantic, imprisoned demons to make roads out of seems like an appropriate one for a sado-masochist arachno-concubine to have.
Reply Quote
Regarding the big mothers in the Towers of the Damned/Cursed:
I imagine you're referring to the skeletal colossi that seem to be both imprisoned within the towers and holding them up as they writhe around in agony. Pretty much sucks to be them. There's a piece of lore somewhere in one of the towers in which my main man D. Cain (RIP, yo) names these brutes Flesh Demons (or something), the idea being that they are kept in the towers (and throughout the Burning Hells, presumably) so their flesh can be harvested and used to construct the underworld's infrastructure. It seems odd that walkways and staircases are such a pressing concern in the realm of eternal fiery damnation that an entire slave industry has sprung up to keep the demon hordes strolling from place to place with relative comfort and convenience. No one wants to make bare-hooved lava crossings every time the toilet paper's run out. Not even phase beasts.
When Cydaea goes on and on in her sexy way about "their exquisite agony", it seems like she's referring to those big grimacing giants. I guess everyone in Hell needs a hobby, and peeling the flesh off gigantic, imprisoned demons to make roads out of seems like an appropriate one for a sado-masochist arachno-concubine to have.

oh....

those things ok....
Reply Quote

Flayer Demons. The other demons tear their skin off and use it to build things. The Scoundrel explains this in one of his random dialogs (apparently he learned it by "sneaking a look" at one of Cain's journal).

2. Whos Rakkis

The original founder of Westmarch.

Mount Arreat was destroyed at the end of "Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction" when Tyrael threw his sword into the corrupted Worldstone, shattering it and causing an explosion of magical energy.

Azmodan is using his demonic powers to bring pieces of the Burning Hells into Sanctuary via the crater this explosion left behind. Exactly how he is doing this, or why he chooses Arreat Crater as the base for his invasion, is never really explained. However, both of the Sin Hearts and Azmodan himself are sitting in pools of lava when you encounter them, so it is possible that the demons are drawing power from this natural source of heat.
Edited by WordMaster#1125 on 11/26/2012 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 08:13 PMPosted by WordMaster
. The Scoundrel

i thought that was the enchantress....

i never use scoundral anyway :P
Reply Quote
both of them said that but not templar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]