Diablo® III

New to inferno Demon Hunter. Tips wanted.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DonBukka-1245/hero/22035274

Hey all, I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for a demon hunter wanting to build a 2x 1h crossbow set up.

While I realize that bow/crossbow + quiver is way better in terms of damage output, I was hoping some other dual 1h crossbow demon hunters could give me some advice.

I'm sitting on about 5 million right now, with a few potential sales coming in, so some gear advice would be nice.
Reply Quote
it seems like youre not planning to be the dps in the party (sense you neglected a better damage output strategy). i would suggest that you find items that would bring you to moderate amount of damage (at least 35% crit chance, 350% crit damage, 50k damage [no sharpshooter]). so to survive i would suggest that you use the skills:

entangling shot [bounty hunter] (to help out your teammates with the slow)
rapid fire [web shot] (to focus down a creep while keeping your slow)

smoke screen [displacement] (for when things get too hot and you need distance)
vault [trail of cinders] (also to get away and you can slow them in the fire if they chase you)
shadow power [gloom] (a DH's worst enemy is an elite with reflect damage, so you use this to constantly do damage to the elite and to gain life)
preparation [backup plan] (its more useful than you might think)

passives: cull the weak [every hit is +15% damage since every hit will slow your target]
archery [since youre using dual handbows, youll gain +10% crit hit chance]

'tactical advantage' or 'sharpshooter' or 'steady aim' is fine in the last slot.

tactical advantage, if you think youll need to run away more often
sharpshooter, if you think you can just stand there and unleash your attacks
steady aim, if you can seperate yourself from monsters [10 in game yards]
[my opinion: go with tactical advantage, much more practical]

this is just a suggestion for your demon hunter build with two hand crossbows. this build is supportive and damaging. your demon hunter is going to be a secondary dps character. goodluck finding gear in the AH and happy farming! hope this helps :D

p.s. everybody loves a slowed creep

pros: high survivability

cons: not efficient to take out mobs
Edited by ezBreezy#1502 on 10/6/2012 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Actually in reality 2 1 hander have a higher damage potential than using a 2 handed X-bow. However you would need 2 really good weapons tha tare really flipping expensive. Wit only 5 million I say either go 2 handed Bow/Xbow.

Also to survive Inferno you are gonna need some resistances. Try for 300-400 AR and at least 60k DPS w/o SS.
Reply Quote
Thanks, 5m was the current budget I had for a piece of gear to help me improve the most.

I wasn't looking at doing a complete transformation with 5m, but rather hoping someone could suggest where to upgrade for the biggest improvement for that much.

I have a few sales pending, so I'll continue to take it from there.

@Asadain, thanks, It's good to know that dual wield DH builds are viable, even if they may be expensive.

@ezBreezy, thanks for the skill suggestions, I'll give them a try!
Reply Quote
in my opinion, demon hunters do not need any resistance. you should always be on guard to dodge any fireballs or mortars and nobody should be standing in fire or poison. you should use vault when enemies are close to you. you spend less money to get items without having AR in them. if you insist getting resistance, i suggest fire resistance.
Reply Quote
Actually in reality 2 1 hander have a higher damage potential than using a 2 handed X-bow. However you would need 2 really good weapons tha tare really flipping expensive. Wit only 5 million I say either go 2 handed Bow/Xbow.

Also to survive Inferno you are gonna need some resistances. Try for 300-400 AR and at least 60k DPS w/o SS.

Agreed. I am DWer... there are a couple good threads out there about DWers and how to be successful, and comparing DPS output to 2H xbox + quiver etc.

Dont forget about IAS either. Lots of DH's only stack CD and CC and then die of boredom/frustration when they are less than 2 APS or low 2's..

10/07/2012 05:08 AMPosted by ezBreezy
in my opinion, demon hunters do not need any resistance. you should always be on guard to dodge any fireballs or mortars and nobody should be standing in fire or poison. you should use vault when enemies are close to you. you spend less money to get items without having AR in them. if you insist getting resistance, i suggest fire resistance.

dont listen to this advice. horrible, especially after 1.05.
Edited by leaf#1621 on 10/7/2012 7:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]