Diablo® III

300+%MF with No Legendaries for over 2 weeks

Legendaries ... I almost never see any. I'm starting to wonder if maybe they meant to call these items: Imaginaries?

BTW, I love this forum and the people on it so much. I will be told as soon as this posts how lame I am, how lame my gear is, and that I'm doing it wrong. Gotcha

I just wanted to say that I haven't seen even a crap legendary item for over 2 weeks now. With my 26 Paragon lvls I'm at 308% MF now, and nothing has dropped. Not a set item, not a legendary ... not one for over 2 weeks.

(with 5 stacks my MF is 383% - so I realize with the cut-off at 300% I'm maxing it out)
nothing drops for me.

I'd like to hear from anybody else that experiences things like me. I realize that some people here are saying that the drop rate is awesome. I know Bliz is planning to 'double' the legendary drop rate for 1.05. But, from where I sit, I don't think that's going to be enough to keep me playing.

Anyone else, with high mf, experiencing this non existant drop rate?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: if you're read this thread straight through You'll see by post 67 I'd actually found my first legendary in over 2 weeks. (I'm wondering if it's the advice I took or if Bliz finally took me off of their blacklist.

Either way, thanks to all of the people who posted here. I'm hoping that this isn't like my usual ... and I wont see another leg drop for another two weeks. But, that's most likely the case.

I should note that overall this thread has brought a mixed message. It seems like there are a lot of people that feel the way I do ... someone here suggests that these items are generated somehow, on our pc. He basicly suggested to change the PC i play on.

Another player suggested lowering my mf.

And, for some people ... it just RAINS legendaries for them all the time..

I can't change my computer today, so tried lowering my mf by 100% and putting on higher DPS gear. I cleared Act 3 and nothing again. Then I switched to Act 4 and there it was ... my first legendary item in over 2 weeks. I barely saw it there on the ground and almost ran past it.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/Jonathanscloset/Screenshot217.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/Jonathanscloset/Screenshot215.jpg

doubt i can use it. But, still at least it was one I hadn't found before.

Maybe Bliz saw this thread and took the Whammy off of my Barb. (I was starging to think i had been blacklisted by Blizzard)

Well, Blizz if you're reading this thread please check out my PVP ideas too (while you'r at it)
And to anybody who interested in PVP please bump my thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6573699980?page=1
Edited by AdAstrA#1590 on 10/8/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
RMAH is the root cause of all that is evil in this world, including your lousy loot.
Reply Quote
I've had some great drops this week and I only run with 60% base MF lol.

What areas are you farming? And how fast are you running those areas?
Reply Quote
300+%MF with No Legendaries for over 2 weeks

This means nothing. YOU know how much you played, but we don't. Did you do act 3 runs? How many per day? What % of the act do you clear per run? Do you skip trash and only kill elites? etc etc. 2 weeks for one person might be what another person clears in a single night.
Reply Quote
Got 3 legendaries in 4 hours in act 2 and 3 with 224 mf. Something wrong with the drop rate? More like something wrong with your farm route.
Reply Quote
My experience:

PL 62, run at or near max MF, have found ~60 legs and 7 set pieces. 5 of the set pieces were good to vg, the legs were mostly trash -- only 2 of the legs were 10m+; most were brimstone, dropped on the ground or sold for a few hundred k.

Recently, I have had a long dry spell: in the past 350m experience, I have one leg (a Cluckeye).
Reply Quote
This may seem counter-intuitive, but try swapping out of all of your MF gear and into DPS gear. I'm lvl 43 paragon and have averaged a legendary per level since level 20, and the only MF piece i wear is a 19% MF bracer. That's it. But I focus on kill speed and killing things fast, doing Alkaizer runs. Also had 4 set pieces so far.
Reply Quote
i do 3 Act 3 runs every day (I clean the Barracks lvls 1-3, the Fields of Slaughter, the Icey Cave and the 2nd Heart to AssMoDan)

I keep threatening to quit but, get my hopes up and do more runs ... this is every day for a while now ... when legendaries drop theyre' often repeats. I've had that happen a lot but, in the past. No legendaries for over 2 weeks
Edited by AdAstrA#1590 on 10/8/2012 5:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i got 250+ base mf and no legend from atleast 4 days .. and not one decent for more then 2 weeks . ( decent = 5m + lol )

i run atleast 4-6 times act3 per day
Reply Quote
Public game or single ? If u play in public game it is easy to miss them. Many lengendaries drop from trash mobs/ normal chest. when the other teammates kill the mobs and you are in town, you may not get it because u tp to ur teammates who have walked away.

I got 3 lengedaries and 1 set item (Inna Temperance) last weekend in maybe 10 runs....
Reply Quote
sucks you are so unlucky, funny I get a set every 8 to 10 hours
Reply Quote
I feel ya buddy, I had a dry spell from levels 4 to 29, then 33 to 37.

I'm not sure how many act 3 runs that took, but it was a long and frustrating time for me.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 05:15 AMPosted by bjjhobbit
This may seem counter-intuitive, but try swapping out of all of your MF gear and into DPS gear. I'm lvl 43 paragon and have averaged a legendary per level since level 20, and the only MF piece i wear is a 19% MF bracer. That's it. But I focus on kill speed and killing things fast, doing Alkaizer runs. Also had 4 set pieces so far.

What is an Alkeizer run? And let me ask you this, when you find legendaries are they any good? Because, the point of the MF, from what I understand, is not just to make items drop ... but, to make the items that drop have a higher chance of dropping with more affixes? 6 instead of 4?

So, I hear things like this from people saying drop your MF ... but, when my MF use to be low and legendaries and rares would drop ... they would be lame stats.
Reply Quote
This is what a 33 got in the last few days in my country and yes he got 0 MF from gear, just MF from Paragon level (only valued items, not count legend trashes like dept diggers, blackthrone pants etc...):
- IK boots
- Witching Hour (80 dex, 46 poison, 173 armor, 9 speed, 38 cd)
- Shenlong Rel Assault (1060 dps with OS, 199 dex 11, speed)
- Manticore (1123 dps, 2 os, 10 speed, 395 loh, 7x cd)
- Inna's Favor (8% holy, 212 life regen)
- Manticore (1065 dps, 1 OS, 197 dex, 124 vit, 78 cd)

and his newest update hours ago is:
- Shenlong (uniden)
- Vile ward (uniden)

And while 80% of the rest players on our forum got almost 1 - 2 legend or 0 drop. Gotta love those RNG if really there is one.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 05:24 AMPosted by AdAstrA
So, I hear things like this from people saying drop your MF ... but, when my MF use to be low and legendaries and rares would drop ... they would be lame stats.

Legendaries have a bunch of stats they always roll and then a preset amount of random stats. I don't think MF effects the # of affixes that a legendary drops with.
Reply Quote
I have played for nearly 500 hours, 13K+ elite kills, and 5 level 60 characters (one in each class) and I have not yet seen a single set-item drop. I've had about 6-8 legendaries drop, none worth more than 1 million.

And I'm still having a blast.

If all you are looking for is high level loot, you are going to have a bad time.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Dremin
Legendaries have a bunch of stats they always roll and then a preset amount of random stats. I don't think MF effects the # of affixes that a legendary drops with.

So, What you're saying is: let's say a legendary is going to drop ... it will always spawn with X number of stats.

Does MF% affect the teir of the Affixes that do appear?
Edited by AdAstrA#1590 on 10/8/2012 5:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Try change you computer.

Drop rates are bugged, they are locally generated (this means it's your computer that rolls the drops, not the server), and no computer RNG is able to generate multiple 64 bits random numbers with less than a 1ms from each roll.

If you have a Sandy-bridge or better processor, try disable your video card and play with HD3000.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 05:30 AMPosted by GoejoHusan
Try change you computer.

ugh

LOL

I was REALLY hoping that, if I killed the monsters, the software could manage this for me.
Edited by AdAstrA#1590 on 10/8/2012 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]