Diablo® III

300+%MF with No Legendaries for over 2 weeks

Try change you computer.

ugh

LOL

I was REALLY hoping that, if I killed the monsters, the software could manage this for me.

This worked for me.

Already talked about it here. I have about 200h of gameplay with my Desktop, no legendary. About 100h with my notebook, 10 legendary, 1 every 2 act3 runs.

Yesterday I tried the PTR with my notebook, 3 legendary in less than 2 hours.

You may laugh, or you can try, it's up to you.
Edited by GoejoHusan#1207 on 10/8/2012 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Try change you computer.

Drop rates are bugged, they are locally generated (this means it's your computer that rolls the drops, not the server), and no computer RNG is able to generate multiple 64 bits random numbers with less than a 1ms from each roll.

If you have a Sandy-bridge or better processor, try disable your video card and play with HD3000.

This is interesting, I have not heard it before.

The drops being locally generated makes sense -- but why does going to integrated graphics help? Can you explain more about this whole theory?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Try change you computer.

Drop rates are bugged, they are locally generated (this means it's your computer that rolls the drops, not the server), and no computer RNG is able to generate multiple 64 bits random numbers with less than a 1ms from each roll.

If you have a Sandy-bridge or better processor, try disable your video card and play with HD3000.

This is interesting, I have not heard it before.

The drops being locally generated makes sense -- but why does going to integrated graphics help? Can you explain more about this whole theory?

Thanks.

I did change the computer, but other guy post that had a similar experience after changing his video card, from Raden, to Nvidia.

That's why I suggest the attempt to disable the video card.

After 1.05, I will also try it on my desktop, but I do not have a 10mbps network at home to download the PTR, and with actual drop hates, to proof the theory, It will be required at least 10h of gameplay, I do not want to waste 10h with bad drops.
Edited by GoejoHusan#1207 on 10/8/2012 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I had a similar issue TC... I fixed it by dropping some MF in favor for more DPS... allowed me to kill stuff alot faster, which netted me more Legendaries in a shorter period of time.

If you have any alternate dps gear you could wear that will significantly change your dps... try it out.

I personally sacrificed about 100 MF in order to get 20k more dps... still have 250 or so MF, and, well I havent played in a while, but I found 3 legendaries shortly thereafter, 2 of which were pretty decent.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 05:36 AMPosted by IRRebel5150
Don't woory about being called names! Lame, Noob, etc. It's just the only outlet the geeks with all time and no life have.

This is TRUE! There are a-lot of trolls that have no life and like to BRAG about their luck. I would consider them LUCKY and annoying. Also they are not the norm.

10/08/2012 05:36 AMPosted by IRRebel5150
Personally I feel your pain. I only have the gear and crap I have (trying to outfit a Monk right now also) because of a lucky drop of an IK helm that sold for 89 million in an A3 run.

Same Here OP. I swapped out some of my gear for more survival and DPS, so I can farm Act-3.... but I have gone MORE THAN a few weeks with nothing found (Legendaries) In-fact I have NEVER found a godly or end item. The best item to date was some belt that sold for 2 mil. So yeah..... want to talk about bad luck... there is a long line of that.

Thing that gets me on the sets........you need SEVERAL to drop to be able to make the SET..........now 1 or 2 pieces being stingy I can wrap my arms around........the rest?

No Explanation but they should be dropping like rain! Most are useless without the set bonus.....

The MF system is inconsistent and very poorly done. In D2 you farm areas were certain items will drop. For example.... I used to farm Pindle Skin in D2.... he would drop Rare (yellow) Balrog Skin armor and Colossus Blades. If your MF was high enough, you might be able to change that from a Rare to a Unique (Legendary). I got both Arkaines Valor and a Grandfather from Pindle Skin.

I do not get the same results from this game (D3). The MF drop system is far too random. Higher MF gets more rares, but thats about it. It all SUCKS A$$!
Reply Quote
I got a few legendaries around PL10... and then nothing at all until I hit 20. Sometimes you have horrible streaks, and unfortunately, the horrible streak does not improve your chances of getting legendaries in the future. Nothing to do but keep on trucking.
Reply Quote
I don't know what you're doing wrong man. I'm currently collecting the lower level legendary's and not Id'ing them. Gonna wait until I have a few of them, then when I'm in a game with friends, toss them all out after Asmodan goes down. Should be interesting. I get a legendary drop every 3-5 act 3 runs. Each run takes between 45-60 mins. It's pretty much clockwork.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 05:40 AMPosted by GoejoHusan
You may laugh, or you can try, it's up to you.

It sounds to me like I might have to try it. But, it shouldn't have to be that way. Should it?
Reply Quote

It sounds to me like I might have to try it. But, it shouldn't have to be that way. Should it?

I actually hope you will try It, and after get better drops you will support my theory, and help me to convince more people to try the same, and with a good amount of player sharing this experience, we will be able to convince Blizz that their RNG is actually bugged.

You think that I like to play at a 14 inch notebook with bad graphics instead of play at my Desktop?

No I don't, and I don't care people do not take me serious, after patch 1.05, with the "double drop rates", will be easier to get a higher sample of legendary drops to support my theory.

You just don't think that half of the players says "drops are fine", and the other half says "drops crap" is normal, do you?
Reply Quote
At the moment, I'm taking off some of my MF gear and putting on my DPS gear ... what i have, and trying to do an Act 3 run to see if anything drops.

later today I'm going to speak with a buddy of mine that owns a computer store to see what I can do about trying D3 on a different computer.
Reply Quote
At the moment, I'm taking off some of my MF gear and putting on my DPS gear ... what i have, and trying to do an Act 3 run to see if anything drops.

later today I'm going to speak with a buddy of mine that owns a computer store to see what I can do about trying D3 on a different computer.

Don't let the MF naysayers get you down. MF works on legendaries. If you cut your speed by 90% to double your MF, that's a bad trade, but you should definitely run as much MF as you can without a serious gimp to your clear speed.

If you drop to, say, 150MF, you'll have to double your clear speed, which will take more than doubling your DPS since a reasonable portion of your time is just spent moving through the level.
Reply Quote
I actually hope you will try It, and after get better drops you will support my theory, and help me to convince more people to try the same, and with a good amount of player sharing this experience, we will be able to convince Blizz that their RNG is actually bugged.You think that I like to play at a 14 inch notebook with bad graphics instead of play at my Desktop?No I don't, and I don't care people do not take me serious, after patch 1.05, with the "double drop rates", will be easier to get a higher sample of legendary drops to support my theory.You just don't think that half of the players says "drops are fine", and the other half says "drops crap" is normal, do you?

My friend, you may have a solid point. And, it would explain SO MUCH of what's going on here on these forums, in the game, etc., etc. ...

Some people posting that drop rates are amazing, some that drop rates are terrible. The people w the high drop rates think the rest of us are crazy whiners, QQing all the time ... But, since they dont' have the problem, they're not going to back us up. Who could blame them?

I'll be in contact with you if I get to try a different computer and it changes the drop rates. For now, I'm attempting a run with lower MF.
Reply Quote
2x 63 legendarys in a3 inferno this morning over 2 hour span. keep killing and !@#$
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 06:25 AMPosted by DeedsOfValor
2x 63 legendarys in a3 inferno this morning over 2 hour span. keep killing and !@#$

this amazes me. I checked out his gear and his MF is really non existant but, 2 lvl 63 legendaries today alone.

then there's me. 0 legendaries for 2 weeks.
Reply Quote
1) play more
2) stop doing a1
3) raise your dps so you kill faster in the obvious short time you are playing
4) you're bad and you should feel bad too (well since you wanted me to say it).
Reply Quote
so with 300%MF you have a .04 % chance of a legendary dropping and didn't get one ...HMmmmm ....RNG is still RNG
Edited by Agmo#1785 on 10/8/2012 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm I got 0 MF without my paragon levels and I still get legendaries. Got a few this weekend, all sucked but ok I still got them anyway. Only just broke the 200% MF So I hope to get some more in my next act 3 runs. Long way untill 200% :S
Reply Quote
RNG is brutal at times, and it could also be compounded by your killing speed and the amount of time you play. My DH is only geared ok, and has a modest amount of elite kills (14k) than compared to some, but it's all relative.
Reply Quote

What act where you doing before? Do you do full clears? What do you do? Your OP is vague so you're going to get bad reactions.

If you were like I do 3 full A3 clears a day in 5 hours and don't get any legendary! Then we might be like 'well damn, give this bro a break RNG!?' But we don't know what you're doing and how frequently you are doing it so like the second or third post says your MF is meaningless till we know what's going on.

Fear not though even bad luck will be crushed next patch. Leg drop like candy lol. It's basically going to go from "I didn't get a leg in weeks" to "I didn't get a good leg in weeks".
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 10/8/2012 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]