Diablo® III

Rate the barbarian above V6

@LordNazgul - 8/10 not bad, not bad :)
@irnbru 6/10...dps and hp too low for shiny gears...u need to upgrade those pants asap.
@Meatwad may i suggest before skorn go for an andariels viasge (helm) you can probably get a cheap one with no socket for a few hundred K and theyre redicualassssly strong. Especially with the lifehit/steal you have on your 2H Sword.

I think if your a barb 2H weaps Have to be the way to go. its just so much more fitting and satisfying to put up high numbers of dmg.
Edited by mattyice222#1340 on 10/3/2012 10:43 AM PDT
@mattyice222 nice to see a non ww build.
@ Nazgul: His offhand is a stat-stick, as the tornadoes generated by sprint only pull from your main hand when calculating damage. If I am not mistaken, WW does the same.

@ IrnBru: I like your gear very much. Perhaps a touch low on the life, but with your build, you likely aren't tanking too much. I do want the IK belt, and am currently saving up for one with 200+ Str, 85+ Vit, 70+ RA, and 10%+ Bash Damage. In addition, I am saving for Bracers with CC, and that is what is most frequently cited as a weakness in my gear. Going to need a lot of money for both, so give me some time ; ) , as i just spent all my funds on the chest pieces, which I feel I got for a good deal.

@ Avarice: Check below you ; )
Very nice barb above me. 100k dps, high Str and Vit, high Res all, high Armor, 64k HP 10/10
The grandfather look nice and unique. Would u consider an IK belt to get the set bonus?

Next plz rate me and give some advice?
@ AnhTran:

Thank you for the kind words. I really like the Grandfather too, as I think it looks BA and also fits the character. Plus, I love the balance of life and defenses in addition to damage i get from the weapon. I hear from many I should get a Skorn, but frankly I use my sword b/c I like it. I know I am making a "lesser" choice, but it makes me happy haha.

I do want the IK belt, and am currently saving up for one with 200+ Str, 85+ Vit, 70+ RA, and 10%+ Bash Damage. In addition, I am saving for Bracers with CC, and that is what is most frequently cited as a weakness in my gear. Going to need a lot of money for both, so give me some time ; ) , as i just spent all my funds on the chest pieces, which I feel I got for a good deal.

Feedback: Raise your life. This will be controversial, but replace that SoJ with something that benefits your overall performance. You would be much better off (in my opinion) with a ring that gives you Str, CC, CD, and more Vit or some defensive stat. I would start with that piece specifically. Also, keep your eyes open for some Lacuni's with CC if you run across a good deal.
@AnhTran - You got the right idea, could use some upgrades in a few places. Your Mitigation is real nice but your damage is a little on the low side. I would start by getting a new IK belt
@Foldz

Nice barb, i like your MF gear too. I'm sure it helps you find a lot more items.
Your DPS works for your setup and im sure with Battle Rage your at around 120-150k dps!
You also have good amount of life. I would possibly suggest lowering your % Life steal on the weapons, and go for more 250+ Str / Socket weapons instead. This will boost your Dps and you will maintain at least 5-6% Life steal too.

I'm not going to give you a number rating as i think its stupid because there is no need to compare to other barbs. If it works for you and your happy then its a awesome build!
Just made a new barb, not really sure which direction I should go in order to improve it.
@Foldz

Nice barb, i like your MF gear too. I'm sure it helps you find a lot more items.
Your DPS works for your setup and im sure with Battle Rage your at around 120-150k dps!
You also have good amount of life. I would possibly suggest lowering your % Life steal on the weapons, and go for more 250+ Str / Socket weapons instead. This will boost your Dps and you will maintain at least 5-6% Life steal too.

I'm not going to give you a number rating as i think its stupid because there is no need to compare to other barbs. If it works for you and your happy then its a awesome build!

with battlerage i'm around 112k with Wrath i'm around 150k. Life steal is what really makes this build shine, I wouldn't trade it for anything really.

BTW your barb is pretty godly, very nice gear!
Edited by Foldz1984#1127 on 10/3/2012 11:45 AM PDT
@Foldz

with battlerage i'm around 112k with Wrath i'm around 150k. Life steal is what really makes this build shine, I wouldn't trade it for anything really.

I'm not saying to get rid of all of it, i just don't know if you really need 12% life steal (i think u have 12?) Perhaps try to lessen it and see if u still survive enough. I know with my build 5.9% works just fine for me.

I'm not saying to get rid of all of it, i just don't know if you really need 12% life steal (i think u have 12?) Perhaps try to lessen it and see if u still survive enough. I know with my build 5.9% works just fine for me.

I'm looking to upgrade my offhand weapon, maybe I'll go for a crit damage + STR + OS weapon and forgo the lifesteal. We'll have to see what I can find.
@Foldz1984

Nice Barb. love the amount of life steal you have.

@Whoever rates me this is a WIP barb as my main is a DH. Trying out different builds and playing on a budget and/or whatever I find with my DH. DPS is unbuffed. Any advice on what a good threshold of dps and survivability would be awesome. I want to get my barb on the same lvl as my DH. Thanks guys.
not bad! 6/10

more critical chance!
10/03/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Avarice
@mattyice222 nice to see a non ww build.

Thank you i like my build its fun. I do 200-290k crits regularly with 50% crit chance which will 1 hit everything and with lifesteal it works better than LOH, the damage i get from all of those bad guys exploding with Cleave ends up making sure i never go too low on HP. I get up over 500k crits with Wrath of the Berzerker on.

Build varies based on Act and other players in the group. If i have 2 other barbs in the group alot of times i may switch out war cry for something else fun like threatening shout so i get both armor bonus from their war cries and then i get to offer damage reduction.

My all time favorite skill hands down is Rend w/ Lifegain rune. That spell is so pimp its rediculas. Anyone who doesnt use it is silly.
@mattyice222

Nice gear bro ! could use more resist but overall its pretty nice ! 6/10 , at the rate your going, you'd be 9/10 or 10/10 in no time !
@liangsheng

Very nice gears, I try to complete my set by getting those items like urs too! Need blackthrone amulet, vile ward and litany/wailing rings!
@skec

9/10.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]