Diablo® III

Rate the barbarian above V6

@Holyroller

1. Blackthorne's Amulet - You are losing a sever chunk of DPS using 2pc JUST for the 100 vit gain. If you itemize your gear a little differently you can gain the lost Vit from the 2pc. (Search for a Rare with @ least 7.5+ Crit Chance, 100+ Strength, 75+ Vitality and 50+ Crit Damage. Guarantee, without the All Res roll, you can find something around 10-15mil.

2. Blackthorne's Chest - Though it is a good roll for Vit/All Res, it's just not as viable as a Rare (unless you utilize Chest/Leg combo) with 150+ Vitality, 50+ Strength, 150+Armor, 50+ All Res, 2 Sockets. Rares are quite cheap now due to 1.04 Legendaries. I believe you could easily find a chest for 15-20mil that is, by far, superior to your current. If you decided to keep Blackthorne's Chest look for a pair of boots. It might be a bit more expensive, but the Amulet you have is just horrid. SOOOOO much loss in all catagories.

3. Legs - Very good Armor Roll and All Res. Focus on searching for 150+ Vitaility, 50+ Strength, 150+ Armor, 50+ All Res, 2 Sockets. Basically you would like to "mirror" your chest/legs to make up for the loss of +100 Vitality on the Blackthorne's 2pc. 10-15mil

4. Ring(s) - Though both of you rings have "double damage" affixes (ie: Attack Speed, Crit Chance, Avg Damage) focus more on Crit Chance and Crit Damage as you are not dual wield so Attack Speed isn't as important. Search these perimeters: 50+ Strength, 30+ All Resists, 10-20 Average Damage, 3.5+ Crit Chance, and 20+ Crit Damage. If you are finding these to be too expensive try dropping All Resists. 5-10mil per ring

5. Spec - Very similar to my build. Since you don't have Life Steal on your belt, I would recommend dropping Nerves of Steel for Bloodthirst. I haven't done actual mathematics to figure the exact % needed for fast, efficient clears, but I like to keep @ least 10% (Not saying this is a requirement). If Life Steal isn't an issue/worry for you try dropping Tough as Nails for Nerves of Steel or Supersition. It's debatable, some people prefer either, or. Without a high cap of Thorns Damage the effectivness of Tough as Nails looses it's flair. As for Revenge, (one of my favorite abilities) I prefer using that as a "tanky" Barb. Try using Leap(Iron Impact). It can be used for 2 things: mobility and an "oh sh!t" button. Gaining close to 25-30k armor for 4 seconds can really save your life if it's needed. Bash is quite good, but I find the Knockback to be somewhat of a nuisance sometimes. I prefer Cleave(Rupture)[if you are NOT Fury starved] and Cleave(Reaping Swing)[if you ARE Fury starved]. The combination of Rendx2-4, Cleave, and Wrath of the Berserker melts Elites.

6. Gems - I cannot stress this enough. (Not to you only of course) Even though replacing/upgrading gems is quite expensive past Flawless; it is the most efficient, guaranteed way to improve dps. Regardless of gear

These are all recommendations, but I feel it will be very beneficial to your build and overall enjoyment. Good Barb. Way to make the most out of not having a large budget! :)

So to go over total "cost" of gear recommendations:
Amulet: >12.5mil (estimation)
Chest: >17.5mil (estimation)
Legs: >12.5mil (estimation)
Ring: >5mil (estimation)
Ring: >5mil (estimation)
-------------------------------------
Total: 52.5mil (a bit over your budget, but easily farmed in a few hours)

If you need anymore help feel free to add me @ fakebook#1397 or jbsimms86 (skype)

Link to my Barb for guidance or comparison...
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fakebook-1397/hero/17733495
Edited by Fakebook#1397 on 10/3/2012 9:30 PM PDT
@fakebook: i saw skorn...i saw ice climbers...i saw tyrael's might...i saw immortal king and then i realized my barb is nothing :(

10/10 :D
@ demonknight. all i would do is get a better chest and weps with a socket :D
@cait

if you're relying on the final crit of sever for life steal from bloodthirst.. i'd suggest go with an armor passive instead.
@andrei
for me it rly works wonders lol if i get a belt with LS ill change it out.
o and its calt not cait :P thats a L not an I lol
@calt

sry, let me preface by saying i'm new to this. but your gear is pretty sweet; however the rings seem lacking. is it a cardinal sin to recommend replacing the wedding band? or the stark blaze? seems like you can get more, considering the stats of the rest of your set. i'm thinking a lil more CHC.

anyway 7/10 on my completely nonsense scale

p.s. few gems to level up eh?

(myself, broke, but making more than ever... not sure what eq to bump up next )
Edited by jhestyr#1981 on 10/3/2012 11:09 PM PDT
im a noob i have 2 mil. any help? lol
@sushipizza...hard to say...no profile to view
hi guys, any suggestions on which piece of gear I should upgrade next?
cheers.
@hkf its not with insanity
@Vash

Very interesting build... Works well i assume... 8/10 for originality lol

Me next pls :)

(Im currently using WW build but I have a Skorn and a Witching Hour as well as a Visage that tops me off at around 138kdps if I wanna just do straight DPS)
Edited by Russ#1555 on 10/4/2012 12:38 AM PDT
@Russ, nice gear! Ammy or rare ring could be upgraded imo.

Me PLS!!
@Russ, nice gear! Ammy or rare ring could be upgraded imo.

Me PLS!!

Pretty decent gears 6/10. Could work more on your ammy with crit hit chance and get movement speed in order to grind more efficiently.
@armidaius i dig ur depth diggers

but change ur chest armor with 3 sockets

and ur build looks like a power house build, go in get enough fury smack insanity and earthquake, but why the overpower crushing advance?

7.5/10

@Russ i was using skirmish rune on my ancient spear 2 weeks ago, but as i look at the harpoon rune on the ancient spear, i realised its much spammable especially on mobs given that i have 55% total cc with no scoundrel buff, yes at times i also use it to clear trash mobs in act 3, and act 4 those corrupted angels? no problem harpoon them and spam weapon throw
Edited by Vash#6322 on 10/4/2012 3:53 AM PDT
[quote="67933087696"]@armidaius i dig ur depth diggers

and ur build looks like a power house build, go in get enough fury smack insanity and earthquake, but why the overpower crushing advance?

7.5/10

for the re-heal if i need it. With Ignore pain up, i overpower and fill up about 70% health instantly. Works really well when in a huge elite/mob pack.

Looking for a good ammy and ik chest. Ammy I am hanging out for 1.05 for the value of good cc/cd ammys to drop. And For an IK chest that gives me enough str/vit/ AR to be an upgrade is a lil too expensive for me atm, unless any one wants to help me out and sell one to me cheap :)
[quote="67933087696"]@armidaius i dig ur depth diggers

7.5/10

for the re-heal if i need it. With Ignore pain up, i overpower and fill up about 70% health instantly. Works really well when in a huge elite/mob pack.

Looking for a good ammy and ik chest. Ammy I am hanging out for 1.05 for the value of good cc/cd ammys to drop. And For an IK chest that gives me enough str/vit/ AR to be an upgrade is a lil too expensive for me atm, unless any one wants to help me out and sell one to me cheap :)
@Armidaius

Don't forget movement speed.
@armisous nice barb. 8.2/10. Get the rest of ik pieces so you can do higher mp level in 1.05
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]