Diablo® III

Leoric's signet bubble?

I am following the price of Leoric's signet and looks like it's increasing mostly because of speculation (a flipper bought from another flipper who bought from the farmer). Right now a 21% exp increase ring is 50M, the 30% one sells for 100M. We all know the richest players already bought their ring and they bought it cheaper then the current price, so now the flippers are trying to sell ring for poorer players for higher prices. Said that, if you are going to buy the ring at current prices expect to sell for a huge loss, specially after patch 1.0.5 for two reasons:

- gear will be better and cheaper within days after the patch release, so you will be able to upgrade all your gear for that price, thus, being able to farm more effectively, I believe at least 30% more, so, same effect as the ring. Yes, you could buy the ring, but IMHO, I would update all my gear instead.

- you will be able to choose monster power, and if you have better equip, that means more exp, same effect as Leoric's signet, plus better loot.

Just for record, it has been one week since that Leoric's signet with 30 str, 30% exp, 1 crit chance and 7 pickup yards is being listed on AH, so if you buy, expect to take even more time to sell then that.
Reply Quote
The real question is: Who cares?
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 04:24 AMPosted by Diomedes
The real question is: Who cares?

Are you going to troll all my threads?

I am just exposing some facts and checking if someone else disagree, as most of all threads on this forum, if you don't care, don't post a reply, as you should do about any other thread. Are you an idiot or what? Thx for the bump anyway...
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 10/6/2012 4:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Are you going to troll all my threads?

If you stop posting stupid things, then I won't troll you.

And if I didn't troll you no one would reply; so really you owe me a thank you for being the only person to acknowledge you at all.
Reply Quote
i agree....prices are crzy! i sold a 30% int one for 50..now it is going for 100..not a good time to buy that ring to use or flip
Edited by EXPRESS4U#1256 on 10/6/2012 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yea I agree with what you said completely.

I saw that same 30% ring last week and I had put 38mil on bid... (all in) at the very last minute and I still got outbid.

Then 15min after it closed i saw it on AH for 50mil... then it went within 30min and was re-listed for 99mil.

I finally didn't care about the % and bought a 25% for 35mil... and yes I know I paid over price... and it wasn't easy to acquire that amount
Reply Quote
i think it's more that just people are that desperate to gain fast paragon levels, especially for patch...

everybody wants to be a High Paragon Panda when 1.0.5 comes around

May be true... I would hater improve all my slots instead, but if there is another MrProb on hardcore, then maybe those rings will sell... BTW I bet MrProb sold all his equip not because he is quitting, but because he is planning to buy new gear after patch 1.0.5 comes around.
Reply Quote
Don't worry once the botters find out that the ring is going for insane amounts on HC your problems will be solved.
Reply Quote
I found the solution today, just check my other thread:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6606902450?page=2

http://postimage.org/image/mmzcyg555/
Reply Quote
I am following the price of Leoric's signet and looks like it's increasing mostly because of speculation (a flipper bought from another flipper who bought from the farmer). Right now a 21% exp increase ring is 50M, the 30% one sells for 100M. We all know the richest players already bought their ring and they bought it cheaper then the current price, so now the flippers are trying to sell ring for poorer players for higher prices. Said that, if you are going to buy the ring at current prices expect to sell for a huge loss, specially after patch 1.0.5 for two reasons:

- gear will be better and cheaper within days after the patch release, so you will be able to upgrade all your gear for that price, thus, being able to farm more effectively, I believe at least 30% more, so, same effect as the ring. Yes, you could buy the ring, but IMHO, I would update all my gear instead.

- you will be able to choose monster power, and if you have better equip, that means more exp, same effect as Leoric's signet, plus better loot.

Just for record, it has been one week since that Leoric's signet with 30 str, 30% exp, 1 crit chance and 7 pickup yards is being listed on AH, so if you buy, expect to take even more time to sell then that.

If I have to read one more person that doesn't understand economics theorize about what impact the new patch will have my head will explode.

You won't be able to gear up cheaply 3 days after the patch comes out because EVERYONE is saving their gold.

Do you know what happens when players horde gold? Values inflate.
Reply Quote
If I have to read one more person that doesn't understand economics theorize about what impact the new patch will have my head will explode.

You won't be able to gear up cheaply 3 days after the patch comes out because EVERYONE is saving their gold.

Do you know what happens when players horde gold? Values inflate.

You don't have any data, so you are theorizing as much as everybody here, worst, you are assuming everybody has 100M (the price of the ring) in cash and they will not be able to buy anything with this amount of gold because everybody started to save before patch... Btw, if the current ring price isn't a bubble, go buy some for yourself... oh! wait, maybe you did it...?
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 10/6/2012 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
just sold a leorics signet direct to somebody for a fairly kingly sum, and it was for the reason i already described

it wasn't because he anticipated it being worth more later, he just wants mega paragon levels NOW...the sooner you get them, the more ahead you are...he wants them levels...simple as that...

Hey nom, what were the stats and how much?
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 10/6/2012 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i think it's more that just people are that desperate to gain fast paragon levels, especially for patch...

everybody wants to be a High Paragon Panda when 1.0.5 comes around

May be true... I would hater improve all my slots instead, but if there is another MrProb on hardcore, then maybe those rings will sell... BTW I bet MrProb sold all his equip not because he is quitting, but because he is planning to buy new gear after patch 1.0.5 comes around.

I felt the same. His prices were not "i'm retiring prices" Some of the reserves he posted were actually more expensive than what he originally paid for them over a month ago. Also he has already bid on items since he retirement.

1.05 should crush the value of all legendaries. Doubling the drop rate doesn't sound like a lot because of how rare they drop but just imagine every legendary that is in the auction house times 2. The minute another competitor legendary is for sale prices drop like crazy because they each under cut each other. Let's face it he is trying to sell his gear at its peak because the value will be cut in half easily in a few weeks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]